bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Post any Twilight Phenomena: The Lodgers of House 13 Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Oct 25, 12 12:35 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Martyheinz
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,130 Posts

Re:Post any Twilight Phenomena: The Lodgers of House 13 Collector's Edition technical issues here

[Post New]by Martyheinz on Oct 25, 12 3:17 AM
We can't get the game to launch on my husband's PC. It works fine on mine with Vista but won't open on hubby's with Windows 7. It just flickers and stays there. We have tried uninstalling and reinstalling to no avail.

Marty

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Re:Post any Twilight Phenomena: The Lodgers of House 13 Collector's Edition technical issues here

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Oct 25, 12 3:59 AM
Heya Martyheinz,

I'm sorry to hear that the game only flickers on your husband's computer.

When a game can't be displayed properly this is often connected to the software on the computer not being up to date. To make sure that you have the most recent software installed on that computer you can simply follow the steps provided here.

If the flickering continues, our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report. You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

If you are a member of our Big Fish Game Club you can contact us without waiting through our Live-Chat, which is open for you Monday – Friday from 7:30 am – 4:30 pm PST.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

Martyheinz
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,130 Posts

[Post New]by Martyheinz on Oct 25, 12 5:21 AM
We tried updating nVidia driver but got Update Failed. Where do we go from here or just wait for CS and send a Dr. Felix?

Marty

[Post New]by Merryweather on Oct 25, 12 6:37 AM
I'm not certain if this is a technical issue or not, but I have completed the main game and was playing the bonus content, and no matter what I try to do, the game will not allow me to add the additional kitty to the locker. Without it, I cannot get the magnet and continue the game. Am I missing something or is there a glitch?

Edited on 10/25/2012 at 6:47:16 AM PST

sonofstar
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by sonofstar on Oct 25, 12 8:08 AM
My problem is with the 4 animals on the shelf next to the stairs. I cannot get them to all face forward and the Skip button is not working. It does not fill up, light up or give me the option to skip. I even purchased the game thinking that part of the problem was the function might have been blocked during the demo phase. No change.

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Oct 25, 12 8:10 AM
sonofstar wrote:My problem is with the 4 animals on the shelf next to the stairs. I cannot get them to all face forward and the Skip button is not working. It does not fill up, light up or give me the option to skip. I even purchased the game thinking that part of the problem was the function might have been blocked during the demo phase. No change.

the brain is where you see it fill up,,,and it takes 3 or more minutes in casual play...way too long...

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Oct 25, 12 10:44 AM
Martyheinz wrote:We tried updating nVidia driver but got Update Failed. Where do we go from here or just wait for CS and send a Dr. Felix?

Marty

Hi Marty,

Thanks for trying to update your graphics driver - I'm sorry that didn't work correctly!

Our Tech Support Team can definitely take a look at what happened with the update, and also see what else you can try to get everything working correctly with the game.

Sending them a Dr. Felix Report is the best next step, as it will have the information they need to see how the game is running with your computer.

You can read more about how to contact Tech Support with that info in the post we've created here.

Thank you!

bfgMonongahela

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

Re:Post any Twilight Phenomena: The Lodgers of House 13 Collector's Edition technical issues her

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Oct 25, 12 10:46 AM
Merryweather wrote:I'm not certain if this is a technical issue or not, but I have completed the main game and was playing the bonus content, and no matter what I try to do, the game will not allow me to add the additional kitty to the locker. Without it, I cannot get the magnet and continue the game. Am I missing something or is there a glitch?

Hi Merryweather,

Our Tech Support Team can definitely look into this for you and see if there is an issue with the game that's causing the problem at that spot.

Please get in touch with them by clicking here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Thank you!

bfgMonongahela

imaoldlayde
Guppy
Guppy
113 Posts

[Post New]by imaoldlayde on Oct 25, 12 12:09 PM
door will not open after placing moustache. have done the reinstall twice.

LaDeeDah
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by LaDeeDah on Oct 25, 12 1:29 PM
Seems to be a glitch in the connector puzzle in the bomb shelter. (Pg. 25 of SG). One of the connectors won't move. Not sure if this is a piece that's supposed to remain stationery of if that piece is stuck.

MURPHY
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,237 Posts

[Post New]by MURPHY on Oct 25, 12 4:32 PM
I had been playing this game off and on all day and stopped to fix dinner so I quit the game. When I came back to it it had a corrupt file and completely deleted my player name so all progress was lost. Needless to say this was frustrating!!! Anyone else experience this?

[Post New]by thedagat on Oct 25, 12 6:51 PM
very sluggish, cursor just disappears & very little cursor control, this is the first game I have ever had this occur. I couldn't even make it out of the front room much less maneuver.

ethyl2
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by ethyl2 on Oct 25, 12 7:14 PM
i am having the same problem on page 25.Cannot use all the connectord

ethyl2
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by ethyl2 on Oct 25, 12 7:15 PM
i am having the same problem on page 25.Cannot use all the connectors

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Oct 26, 12 4:03 AM
Heya Fishies,

I'm so sorry that so many of you are having problems with the game .

LaDeeDah and ethyl2 - When a puzzle doesn't work properly, we found that an uninstall and reinstall of the game often helps fixing these problems as it will ensure that all files are properly installed on your computer.

imaoldlayde - Since you have already reinstalled the game twice it might help to make sure that the software on your computer is up to date by following the steps you can find here.

MURPHY - That sure is a frustrating experience! It can happen that a program on the computer interferes with the game, which then causes this error. To make sure that the game can run without problems you can always have a look at our help article for Game Not Saving.

If you try all these steps and your game still isn't working properly, our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report. You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

LaDeeDah
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by LaDeeDah on Oct 26, 12 7:47 AM
Uninstall/reinstall did not fix the connector puzzle problem for me. I was anxious to continue the game and just waited out the SKIP function. For the record, all the connectors were moveable when I first started the puzzle. The one that was stuck got stuck 2 blocks down in the middle of the circuit board. After I did uninstall/reinstall, puzzle had not changed.

bfgTokoro
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,111 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTokoro on Oct 27, 12 3:06 AM
Hi LaDeeDah,

I'm sorry to hear that's happening. Since it sounds like you've tried a few different things to get the game working, the best thing to do is to run a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report and send that over to our Tech Support Team, so we can get to helping you right away.

I hope that helps!

bfgTokoro

Cobweb55
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by Cobweb55 on Oct 27, 12 7:17 PM
I also had a problem with one of the spanners in the bomb shelter. Couldn't get it to move no matter what I did. I could see the solution to the puzzle after I placed it, but could not make a correction. Had to wait until the skip button filled and skip the puzzle in order to move on. Very frustrating... the only puzzle I had to skip, and not because I couldn't figure it out... After skipping I was able to finish the game and bonus content without any other technical difficulties.

[Post New]by grandmagammer on Oct 28, 12 12:51 PM
I purchased this game and am unable to get it to download. When I try it, it just doesn't respond. I tried turning off my firewall and virus protection and it wouldn't download then.
I don't try games out as I am very limited on internet time. so didn't know that it wouldn't work.

Go to: