bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Post any 7 Wonders: Ancient Alien Makeover technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Oct 25, 12 12:40 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

galotter
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

Re:Post any 7 Wonders: Ancient Alien Makeover technical issues here only

[Post New]by galotter on Oct 29, 12 8:31 AM
Sometimes when the game switches to a new gameboard, the background (which we are supposed to destroy with our matches) is no longer visible. If I back it out and restart the board it (so far) returns. Still, if it ends up not returning at some later stage this would greatly affect the ease of play. Hard to destroy something you cannot see.

I am using Windows 7 as a platform on my Sony Vaio.

[Post New]by maggieannie43 on Oct 29, 12 9:31 AM
My computer froze after playing this game and would not reboot up, I had to get a computer man in who check over the tower found everything okay, he said the game was not compatible with my 64 bit computer, I have asked Big Fish to clarify this and to put on their specs this information. It is a pity I loved the game

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Oct 30, 12 3:47 AM
Heya Fishies,

Sorry to hear about the troubles you are having with this game.

If a computer crashes like this or the background of the game disappears, these could be signs that your computer could do with some small software updates for some of the software on your computer. You can find some steps on how to do that here here.

If this doesn’t help, our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report. You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

BSF0819
Flounder
Flounder
2,129 Posts

[Post New]by BSF0819 on Nov 10, 12 4:23 PM
I encountered one issue:

Right now, I am trying to get the achievement for time keeper or something like that. This is awarded when I build all monuments in a timed setting. However, if I'm in the middle of building a monument in timed mode and close out of the game and back into it, it does not save the timed version and I have to play it in zen mode, which doesn't count towards that award. If I select the timed mode, I have to start over building the monument. The only way to get pass this issue is to simply sit and play all levels building the monument during timed mode to get it counted.

mahb
Guppy
Guppy
125 Posts

[Post New]by mahb on Dec 1, 12 1:59 AM
i have a problem with the cornerstone not appearing when i have all the achievements. no matter what i do it does not appear. i like only playing in zen mode. the timer makes me too tense and i play games for relaxation. i there any way to fix this problem without going into the timer mode? i really like this game a lot and want to continue playing without having to start over. i have started over 3 times so far. this problem has happened on several different levels.
thanks you.
i play on window 7

[Post New]by bewarewerewolf on Dec 1, 12 3:20 PM
THIS GAME WONT EVEN LOAD ON MY MACHINE ITS MISSING FILES AND GIVES ME ERROR MESSAGE I AM RUNNING WINDOWS XP

[Post New]by fred_f on Jan 1, 13 3:40 AM
may someone help me?

Debug report says:
"Unhandled exception has ocurred"

[Post New]by bigclam97 on Jan 4, 13 8:02 AM
how can I stop building the same buildings over and over?

[Post New]by pencilfairy on Feb 6, 13 12:39 PM
The cornerstone appears after I break all the tiles, but then vanishes, leaving me no way to complete the level unless I let it time out and try it again. PC with Windows XP.

Lesboop
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by Lesboop on May 26, 13 8:25 PM
Barely into the game. When my first board where I have to click on the groups of runes and the builders will pick up the puzzle pieces, just can't get it to work. I've clicked on everything I can think of and nothing is happening. Am I doing something wrong or is this a game glitch?

[Post New]by graceayeo on Jul 8, 13 12:52 AM
I tried the trial version and then bought this game. Since activation it will not load anymore. I have tried uninstalling it completely and then reinstalling but still won't play.
am using a Toshiba laptop with Windows 7 and Google for internet.
thanks Grace

Game runs impossibly slowly...

[Post New]by Velvet_Wood on Jul 19, 13 10:34 AM
Like, so slowly that at times I can see individual frames changing.

I am running Windows 7 Professional, 64bit, on a quad-core, 3.4GHz intel machine, with 32G of RAM and an Nvidea GeForce GTX 670 with a gig of video memory, so I'm _pretty darn sure_ it isn't my machine being unable to handle the game, y'know?

I've tried fiddling with the compatibility modes, but, so far, under any WinXP variant, I get a general exception error. It will run under Vista compatibility, however, that's even slower than not setting compatibility at all.

I've also recently re-installed directx, adobe flash, and shockwave, and my video drivers are up to date. My drive has also recently been defragmented.

I've tried running it with all virus protection etc. turned off, and running as administrator, and neither make any difference. Nor does it seem to matter if I'm in full screen, windowed, or wide-screen (either full or windowed) mode.

The only helpful thing I've learned, I'm afraid, is that it does the same thing, just not as bad, on my laptop, which is also a Win7/64b machine, but has much less in the way of video card and processor, and only 8G of RAM, so I'm thinking it's something to do with Win7, or Win7/64b specifically.

I'd appreciate any suggestions you have, as I've always loved the 7-Wonders line of games, and have wanted to play this one since it came out and been unable to do so due to the exceedingly dramatic slowness.

Thank you,

Velvet Wood

Go to: