bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Reviews for 7 Wonders: Ancient Alien Makeover

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Oct 25, 12 12:41 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of 7 Wonders: Ancient Alien Makeover? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the 7 Wonders: Ancient Alien Makeover page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgBiwa

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Re:Reviews for 7 Wonders: Ancient Alien Makeover

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Oct 25, 12 12:42 AM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable to the review thread.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game, what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. This can only help us in continuing to provide better games, which is what we all want!

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgBiwa

lym_1609
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
431 Posts

[Post New]by lym_1609 on Oct 25, 12 2:46 AM
Cute characters, colourful graphics, mid to difficult level matching puzzles. Lots of stuff to buy, build with flowers and decorations for you to fall in love with. Still very boring esp after a few series of "Seven Wonders" games.

Its a very refreshing and bold design for the developers of the 7 wonders series, as it was almost toally a facelift or a gamelift. Surprising better and better with every series. Previous series is just building the main monuments, but THIS! Building the main colony (or some such air thingy buildings) and lots of decorative things (as mentioned flowers, trees, ponds, its kinda of almost endless), and lots of buildings for your space areas, eg, landing pad (which u would encounter in the 1hr trial, so I am not giving away spoilers that didnt appear in trial).

Try it and if you like match 3 with lots of stuff to buy, lots of bonuses to get, lots of achievements, lots to build, great graphics, THIS is the game for u. For me, I got kinda spoilt for CE HOS, puzzles games.

Graphics, design, is worth at least 4 stars. Can be boring if you are not into match 3 games

Avalon2
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by Avalon2 on Oct 25, 12 2:48 AM
Another 7 Wonders game! What a nice surprise. Played demo, bought it. No issues, problems or bugs.

[Post New]by maggieannie43 on Oct 25, 12 3:22 AM
I would give it 5***** it is the best ever yet, great graphics I have always loved the 7 Wonders I even have it on my i pad, good game please try it you will love it

Edited on 10/25/2012 at 3:23:43 AM PST

gailgo
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
43,711 Posts

[Post New]by gailgo on Oct 25, 12 6:49 AM
Another 7 Wonders game and IMO the best.

Bright colourful game that opened up in widescreen without me changing anything

Game can be played in 4 different modes : Insane, Difficult, Normal and Zen the latter being untimed so the game will be suited to everyone from beginners to the seasoned Match 3 players. Room for various profiles so the game can be shared. I encountered no tech problems in the hour demo.
The cursor was nice and stable, which wasn't the case in some of the previous 7 Wonder games.

Gold to be earned to buy various items to decorate your village, love this added feature, achievements to be reached, different sort of power ups to be won. Good explaination on what everything was and what its purpose was etc, even a bit of history on each location

FUN FUN FUN game, a definite buy for me

Edited on 10/25/2012 at 6:52:10 AM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Oct 25, 12 9:15 AM
Evening, all...

What a nice surprise, and a soft release as well. I almost missed this game, because I forgot to check out the "New Releases". But now I have, and all is well.

I own "7 Wonders: Magical Mystery Tour" and love that game. This one is even more interesting. So many things to build, and so many things to buy, and you can decorate your own town as well. Really like the flexibility of this game.

You also play mini games, which will give you blue prints of the different buildings you can buy with the coins you earn, or power-ups. Forgot already half the things you can do in this game. But as I said, lots and lots of things to do here.

Also, you have 4 different gameplay modes, from Zen (no timer) to Insane. LOL

Oh, and yes... this game does automatically open in Widescreen. Now, why can't ERS programme their games so that they open for EVERYBODY in widescreen?

Anyway... really fun game.

kdubs
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,480 Posts

[Post New]by kdubs on Oct 25, 12 4:20 PM
I only have 1 of the earlier 7 Wonder games, so I was most pleasantly surprised to find out how much fun this one is!
I love the graphics and the building process. Looks like there are many steps to the building and landscaping with lots of stuff to play around with.
It is bright, cheerful,and has 4 choices for level of difficulty.
On my PC, play was flawless. The tile action was fast and smooth. It's always a real plus for a M-3 when you can make matches as fast as you see them, no need for board to fully settle. That's what you get here.
I like that there are lots of achievements too.
Played the entire trial and used a PCC for it as soon as the trial popped me out.

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on Oct 26, 12 3:28 PM
Great Match 3 game and have a couple of the 7 wonders and this one is by far the best. Love it..

sandhan
Clownfish
Clownfish
919 Posts

[Post New]by sandhan on Oct 26, 12 4:27 PM
I can't believe this gem came out as a soft release! Wonder how many people missed it. I loved the last one, except for the timer, and this is even better, AND with a no-timer option! If you like M-3 at all, give this a try. Can't think of anything I don't like about it.
Oh yes, I bought it.

bratzgram
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by bratzgram on Oct 26, 12 7:38 PM
I already own several of these and like this one just as much. My grand daughter will love it.

rainice
Minnow
Minnow
293 Posts

[Post New]by rainice on Nov 4, 12 2:29 AM
I thoroughly enjoyed playing this game except for one thing. I was unable to figure out the mini game that triggers new buildings in the Jerusalem level in both the zen and normal modes. This meant I finished the game without all the buildings. I wish that a restart option had been incorporated into the mini games so a person cold try to figure things out. Not being able to do so was very disappointing to me.

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Nov 5, 12 6:23 AM
Excellent game BF and dev's congrats on this match 3 game, I did buy the game and having so much fun..Thx

education69
Minnow
Minnow
238 Posts

[Post New]by education69 on Nov 11, 12 8:08 AM
Great game. Like the theme and the colors. The dominoes in the Diamond mine can get a little bit frustrating though sometimes those colors and symbols don't always match up.

[Post New]by whirled_peas on Nov 11, 12 2:35 PM
This game was OK. I played it twice - appreciated the strategy in getting all the "building" tiles before I finished the Match 3. But I found the whole building my own village thing a little boring. Didn't really care to go back and earn more coins (how DID I do that, anyway) to buy bushes and flowers. Did like the mini games - wish there were more of those! I kept expecting that another building would have mini games but there were only those two. A bit disappointing, honestly. I remember liking Cradles of Egypt better. And the graphics made my computer whine like a jet engine.

Edited on 11/11/2012 at 2:37:07 PM PST

education69
Minnow
Minnow
238 Posts

[Post New]by education69 on Nov 11, 12 6:48 PM
whirled peas you need to get a heat shield for your laptop before you fry your computer. That sound is your computer fans working overtime. Soon your computer will start overheating and doing sudden shutdowns. I just recently ordered one for my machine on Amazon. A heat shield will cool down your computer, and protect your legs and if you are a male, certain other things from the computer's heat and radiation.

Swtmb
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
426 Posts

[Post New]by Swtmb on Jul 3, 13 2:36 PM
This is one of my favorite match three games, challenging, but not frustrating. Give it a try!

Go to: