[Post New]by cleoladycat on Oct 26, 12 1:47 AM
Any comments fishes?

Spookys_Mom
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

Re:Todays DD October 26 2012

[Post New]by Spookys_Mom on Oct 26, 12 8:16 AM
I am on the fence about this one. I enjoyed the demo but everything was so small in the HO scences. The print on the list for the objects to be found and the objects themselves are vey small for these eyes. I don't mind, in fact I prefer, if the objects are hard to find but please make them large enough that we can make out what they are. The list for the objects is rather small also. Probably fine for younger players but once we hit a certain age that small print is hard to read. Otherwise I enjoyed the game and found it eay to figure out what needed to be done. I'll see since it does benefit The Breast Cancer Reasearch Foundation and I have been trying to buy the DD Games this month for that reason.

LadyLark
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

[Post New]by LadyLark on Oct 26, 12 8:41 AM
I opted for this one even though it means starting a new PC that I probably won't finish in time. I had it down as a "Definite buy when SE comes out" but never did. Don't know why. Figure it's well worth it, especially with the charitable contribution. I'm enjoying playing it right off the bat, even though I have plenty of others.

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Oct 26, 12 10:53 AM
HOs far too tiny. Just no fun when it's all random clicking
and lots of hints because my poor old eyes can't see them.
It's a shame, 'cause the gameplay looks interesting.

CelticCoco
Clownfish
Clownfish
514 Posts

[Post New]by CelticCoco on Oct 26, 12 12:35 PM
LadyLark wrote:I opted for this one even though it means starting a new PC that I probably won't finish in time. I had it down as a "Definite buy when SE comes out" but never did. Don't know why. Figure it's well worth it, especially with the charitable contribution. I'm enjoying playing it right off the bat, even though I have plenty of others.

Pretty much how I feel so I bought it as well. I have all the other Reincarnations games.

CelticCoco

[Post New]by TopazMystique on Oct 26, 12 1:00 PM
I really wanted to like this one since I have the first two and because it would benefit The Breast Cancer Reasearch Foundation. The graphics are lovely and a big plus for me buying games. I also liked the stationary inventory (hate the pop-up ones) but I am passing on this one for these reasons:

o The main reason is I found the click and navigation hot spots too small and exacting. Some item hot spots had to be right in the center of the item. As for the navigation hot spots, they were also very small and the one with the machine that needed a hand was so hard to find it took me a minute or more to leave the scene.

o Having to click OK to get out of pop-ups. Most games these days allow a click anywhere outside the pop-up to get out.

o I really didn't check for a journal as such but I think there may not be one. I really hate games that don't use a diary or journal to store information and then leave informational hot spots open so every time you go to any area, you are shown the same thing.

o I used to love Vogat games but as of late they have had issues with missing inventory items and no way to get them or finish the game without replaying as a different user. I personally have had two games from them that have had that issue and have seen tech issues by others for the same problem in other games so I am very leery of all their games. Even though I did not see any tech issues on this game, it was just one more reason not to buy it.

minesita
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,975 Posts

[Post New]by minesita on Oct 26, 12 7:38 PM
I bought this game! I liked to have this because I had the others Reincarnations games.
Also, I'm helping the BCSFoundation. I agreed with every comment that the objects in the HO are so tiny to find them, but overall I'm happy having this game.
Didn't finish yet!!!
Happy gaming!

NIMHURCHU
Clownfish
Clownfish
744 Posts

[Post New]by NIMHURCHU on Oct 26, 12 9:08 PM
This is a nice game for DD price. I was disappointed to find that there were no voice overs, as for me, voiceovers enhance the game experience so much. Also, there is no map and no journal. So far, it has not caused me too much difficulty. In casual mode, there is a very helpful task list, and the hints recharge in about 30 seconds. I didn't have too much trouble with items being too small for me, but I did have to use the hint one time in each Hog scene for those small, pesky items. The puzzles were enjoyable and not too difficult. Overall, I'd rate this a B+ game.

Go to: