bfgTokoro
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,111 Posts

Post any Unfinished Tales: Illicit Love Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgTokoro on Oct 27, 12 12:33 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Re:Post any Unfinished Tales: Illicit Love Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by kherrick12 on Oct 27, 12 2:14 AM
The game starts out okay and then goes to an all white screen. I have uninstalled and reinstalled twice already. Have had no problems with any of the other CE games in the past. What is wrong?

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:Post any Unfinished Tales: Illicit Love Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Oct 27, 12 3:23 AM
Hi kherrick12,

As it sounds like the computer is currently having a hard time running the game and displaying it as it should, I would suggest having a look at the following help article which has some great advice on how to update the elements that display and run your game:

If those steps don't help or you would like us to assist you with this, please run a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report and then send that over to our Tech Support Team. One of our Reps will be happy to help!

Best of luck!

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by LynHamilton on Oct 27, 12 8:34 AM
I downloaded the game but keep getting:
cannot find import; dll may be missing, corrupt, or wrong version File "MSVCP80.dll", error 126

I de-installed and re-installed but get the same thing. Help!

arthurC
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
424 Posts

[Post New]by arthurC on Oct 27, 12 10:00 AM
I can't get the game to finish downloading, It stops at 99% and informs me that there is a 'download error'. Another time an 'Error 4' panel popped up.

I must have tried downloaded it half a dozen times .. I tried all the customer service steps, and I even re-installed Game Manager. But it still won't download. Looks like I'm going to have to wait until Monday when the techies are there.
I'm so disappointed because it looks like such a lovely game .. and now I won't get it at half price even if they do figure out a fix for me.

Funny thing though .. the problem seems to be specific to this game only because I managed to download another game later, with no problems.

This hasn't happened to me before. Strange.
Jo

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Oct 27, 12 11:38 AM
Hi LynHamilton,

I'm sorry to hear that you're getting that dll error. That certainly isn't any fun, but our help article here covers why that error may be occurring, which is possibly due to a missed installer for DirectX:

Error 126

If you aren't having any luck after trying those steps, please get in touch with our Tech Support Team and they can work on getting that resolved for you.

arthurC, that's too bad that those troubleshooting steps haven't helped. As you mentioned, I definitely encourage you to get in touch with our Tech Support Team so they can look into that for you. They'll be happy to help.

Hopefully we can get you back to gaming quickly!

bfgSeine

Faylyn
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by Faylyn on Oct 27, 12 12:28 PM
The game froze at entrance to Dark Kingdom. CtlAltDel did not take me out of the game, I finally had to unplug from outlet to get the game off my screen. Disappointing and discouraging. I am hesitant to attempt another try at playing the game.

arthurC
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
424 Posts

[Post New]by arthurC on Oct 27, 12 12:33 PM
Further to my message above, I now find that I can't download ANYTHING!

I'm going to have another go re-installing the Game Manager .. but can anyone tell me whether I have to uninstall it first?
And whether I'll lose all my already downloaded games?
Thanks
Jo

[Post New]by angelofmusic62 on Oct 27, 12 3:00 PM
After typing in my name, a screen popped up saying I may have poor game performance, would I like to disable special effects? Has anyone else experienced this? Not sure which option to click. I have never had any problem with any other CEs.

[Post New]by biscuitsmama on Oct 27, 12 5:10 PM
I got the same message. This game requires 2.5Ghz CPU usage which is higher than some recent games. I suspect this may be the reason. So far the game is working okay but seems a bit sluggish.

[Post New]by aquarius123 on Oct 28, 12 12:30 AM
I also have had problems with the game... crashed twice so two playing profiles so far even though I disabled special effects

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Oct 28, 12 4:15 AM
Yesterday was everything oke. No problems. Today the cursor freeze everytime. What can I do? Please help!!!

moonfire69
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by moonfire69 on Oct 28, 12 6:46 AM
dobbiemijnboekje wrote:Yesterday was everything oke. No problems. Today the cursor freeze everytime. What can I do? Please help!!!

Same thing for me!

CinW
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by CinW on Oct 28, 12 10:14 AM
Sad to see that yet another Elephant Game gives me a black screen during the opening cutscene, plus missing text/animations. I had this same problem with the latest Mystery Trackers game, and technical support informed me that the game doesn't support Intel HD 3000/4000 graphics card (standard in a MacBook Air).

Elephant has always been one of my favorite game developers, and until recently I had no problems playing their games on my laptop. I hope they address this oversight before releasing another game that is supposedly ready to play on a Mac system!

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Oct 28, 12 11:40 AM
Hi Fishies,

I'm sorry to see a lot of you are having trouble with this game freezing or crashing!

If you haven't already done so, please try the suggestions in the help article I'm linking below:

If they don't get everything straightened out, it's definitely best to get in touch with our Tech Support Team. They have the tools to see how the game is running on your particular system and can work with you directly to get things resolved from there.

You can contact them by clicking here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Thank you!!

bfgMonongahela

Mac_too
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by Mac_too on Oct 28, 12 3:45 PM
Not working on my MacBook Pro. Missing text is the biggest problem and I had a black screen all through the opening animation. Never use to have problems with this developer.

moonfire69
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by moonfire69 on Oct 28, 12 5:54 PM
Update: I used my desktop icon for the game, didn't use the game monitor. Worked a lot better. I finished the game and am doing the extra.

[Post New]by firefly096 on Oct 28, 12 7:01 PM
CinW wrote:Sad to see that yet another Elephant Game gives me a black screen during the opening cutscene, plus missing text/animations. I had this same problem with the latest Mystery Trackers game, and technical support informed me that the game doesn't support Intel HD 3000/4000 graphics card (standard in a MacBook Air).

Elephant has always been one of my favorite game developers, and until recently I had no problems playing their games on my laptop. I hope they address this oversight before releasing another game that is supposedly ready to play on a Mac system!

I am having the same issue. The cut screens just flicker and whenever I hover over anything, it shows me a text box but no words. I have no idea what is happening in this game!

[Post New]by gyg777 on Oct 29, 12 12:17 AM
I keep getting access violation errors. I got them right after i first downloaded the game so I went to tech support and did what was recommended. I finally got it to play and played for about 2 hours yesterday. Today i went to finish the game and got the same error message "access violation program terminated"!!!

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Oct 29, 12 12:02 PM
Hi Fishies,

For those of you who are having trouble with the display of this game, first please try updating your video card, graphics drivers and the programs that handle the display and sound for the game. We go over that process in our help article here.

If you try that and things are still not looking right, please get in touch with our Tech Support Team. They'll be able to see how the game is running on your particular system and can work with you directly on some more troubleshooting from there.

You can contact them by clicking here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

Go to: