bfgTokoro
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,111 Posts

Reviews for Unfinished Tales: Illicit Love Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bfgTokoro on Oct 27, 12 12:38 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Unfinished Tales: Illicit Love Collector's Edition? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Unfinished Tales: Illicit Love Collector's Edition page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgTokoro

bfgTokoro
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,111 Posts

Re:Reviews for Unfinished Tales: Illicit Love Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bfgTokoro on Oct 27, 12 12:41 AM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable to the review thread.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game, what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. This can only help us in continuing to provide better games, which is what we all want!

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgTokoro

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Oct 27, 12 12:58 AM
Played 25 minutes, casual

- No sure I can mention the devs...think of 2 long tusks...
- 3 modes, casual, advanced, hard
- Integrated SH which shows 6 chapters + bonus play
- Map, you can jumps from one place to the other
- Rewards for achievements, no hints in H0, etc...
- Throughout the game you collect butterflies
- Voice overs
- Hint is a magic mirror, which, outside H0, tells you what you should do next
- H0, you interact, it's sometimes difficult to find the right spot on an object when you have to add something, several tries are sometimes needed before it fits
- Good mini games
- Skip button, fills fairly quickly as well as the hint
- Beautiful graphics
- Didn't notice the music so it should have been OK

Your wedding and, HORROR !!! your Prince had promised to a witch who messes everything up and captures your beloved. Will you rescue this felon ??? Not sure I would in RL but we're here to play !!! A buy, especially with this pumpkin sale.

Edited on 10/27/2012 at 1:00:15 AM PST

saphhire
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by saphhire on Oct 27, 12 1:09 AM
I think this is a great game well made. It's a buy here and I usually don't get CE's but with half off its a done deal.......................love the season changes...............all the CE goodies................a map that you can jump yipppppppppppppyyyyyyy.........trick or treats fishies. I'll take the treats for this is one.............editing BF you lied said half price not for members its not.............boooooooooooooooo.....half should be 6.99 not 9.99 thats a non members price...........we pay 13.99 not 19.99

Edited on 10/27/2012 at 1:13:08 AM PST

tillybaby
Minnow
Minnow
219 Posts

[Post New]by tillybaby on Oct 27, 12 1:10 AM
Excellent game, I can't add anything else and it's a 'bought' for me too x

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Oct 27, 12 1:50 AM
Morning, all...

This Review may contain some Spoilers, so... beware.

This game by Elephant Games has 6 chapters plus the Bonus chapter.

There are 3 gameplay modes: Casual, Advanced, Hardcore.

There is a choice of Custom and System cursor.

There is Voice-over.

There is Widescreen, yes yes yes, for me as well.

The MAP, which can also be used to jump, is at the left. When you hover over the different areas, it tells you what you need to do.

The HINT button, which tells you exactly what you have to do outside of the HOS (hidden object scenes), is at the right, and in the form of a mirror.

The SG (strategy guide) is also at the right.

Puzzles can be skipped.

The HOS are partly interactive.

Both SKIP and HINT buttons only take about 30 seconds to fill in Casual mode.

There are lots of Achievements. One of them is to find over 50 Flutterbys, I mean Butterflies.

ETA: Another thing I forgot to mention is that when you click on "Play", you can either continue your game or start again from the beginning. No fuss, no new profile, just start again.

--- --- ---

Well, what can I say? It's a game by Elephant Games and that automatically makes it a buy for me.
I also like the graphics and, of course, the gameplay. And I love the fact that this game is about the seasons as well. And... I can get this game for $4.00 less.

Edited on 10/27/2012 at 4:46:58 AM PST

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on Oct 27, 12 1:56 AM
Well, this illicit love is certainly in an unexpected setting. I'm not about to ruin this since the whole thing is oddly intriguing and captivating in a very strange way. A lot of the fun is had actually getting into the game on your own. Please give the demo a chance. At first I was sure this game would not interest me, and then the hour was gone.

This is a 3 mode HOPA -- Hardcore has no hints, skips or sparkles. You will be kept busy for sure. Not exactly challenging, but your memory will be tested. The presentation, at least during the demo, had a refreshing feel to it. I cannot describe it without alerting you to the actual game play.

From the developers with 4 legs and a trunk, so these features are of course included…

Widescreen
Voice overs from -- well you'll find out
Achievements
Collectibles
Interesting Artwork
Transportable Map with tasks

CE content is meager…
Strategy Guide
Concept Art
Wallpapers
Music
Bonus game play

I hit the buy button -- something I have yet to do for Four Aces. I would have purchased this even without the sale price. Challenging or not, I was having silly fun.

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Oct 27, 12 2:27 AM
After downloading I always check the Extras out first and

W O W ... This has got to be a first, there is ...

NO waiting until you have played the game and the bonus chapter
NO waiting until you have played the game
NO waiting until you have bought the game

YOU CAN SET THE WALLPAPER IMMEDIATELY

Thanks devs , I am quite getting into changing my wallpaper nowadays and, for your information, I prefer the lighter background pictures so that I can still see my shortcuts .

Yes I did say that you can set the wallpaper immediately even before playing one second of the demo , and so I did because I could and there were 8 to choose from . Funnily enough I chose a similar one to another recent game.

If that fact alone didn't make it a buy, the

game filling my 24" widescreen desktop (without it being stretched)
great graphics (beautiful crisp clear and bright HO scenes)
good voices
fairytale storyline
interactive hidden object scenes
interesting puzzles
achievements ... ROFLOL at the Flight of Imagination one
collectables
a hint button which (according to Poutoule) fills quickly
humorous comments
map allowing you to jump from one location to another
the use of the animals

would have, especially at today's bargain price

My only gripe is finding the 'sweet' spot on some of the objects when interacting.

I am really looking forward to continue playing this game but alas there is a nurse with a needle waiting for me first so must dash.

Cherb

ETA ... Additional comments after playing some more.

I this game, it is definitely worth buying .

Edited on 10/27/2012 at 7:59:18 AM PST

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Oct 27, 12 2:29 AM
Elephant Games has brought us another example of what a CE ought to be, and then some!!!!

This excellent game has everything going for it----beautiful eye-candy graphics and art work, a delightfully intriguing story, beautifully done HOS that feature some interaction, nicely performed voiceovers, a transporting map, achievements and items to collect.

There is an excellent hint system which kind of renders the strategy guide unnecessary. I've not seen such an innovative hint system before.

As with all discerning developers, there is WIDESCREEN.

And as all the perspicacious developers have done, the refill time on hints and skip has been shortened.

This is one of of the more beautiful games I have seen this year, but of course this is what I have come to expect from Elephant Games. (as well as Boomzap and Blue Tea) I like the overall presentation, and I like that this dev obviously listens to their fans and contiuously improves with each game. Now I can only afford one of this week's CEs----which one should I choose??? (LOL ) Elephant, of course!!

Well done, devs!!

And even a discount for non-members. And members, should you choose to pay .

Edited on 10/27/2012 at 2:34:44 AM PST

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by sassylassie on Oct 27, 12 3:01 AM
Well another beautiful game by the 'mammoth' team Elephant. They did it again! Go team!

Story: Poor Thumbelina and the prince. Here they are ready to have a beautiful wedding and the gate crasher of a Queen has to wreck it for them. Now Thumbelina is off to nab back what is rightfully hers. And we have to help her do just that!

Graphics: Beautifully done. This is another team with excellent artists. Colors are so bright and cheery.

Music: Beautiful and fits the game perfectly. A pleasure to listen to.

Mini Games: Haven't ran into any yet as I saw who made the game and purchased it right away.

Hint: From my understanding is usable outside of the hidden object scenes.

Gosh, Christmas came early with the C.E. on Thursday and now today. Bought both. Well off to a wonderful adventure. Thanks again BF and Elephant!

Sassy

Edited on 10/27/2012 at 3:03:12 AM PST

gmac1007
Clownfish
Clownfish
569 Posts

[Post New]by gmac1007 on Oct 27, 12 3:55 AM
Good morning all In a kingdom far beyond our reach a most unlikely thing happened a prince of royalty fell in love with a fairy princess and this love was forbidden for no human could fall in love with a fairy and no fairy a human now knowing this was forbidden Prince Chalice and Princess Icy would steal away every minute they could together until one day Princess Icy was going to meet her beloved Prince but found him in the arms of another this angered the princess and she did the unthinkable she went to the high priestess witch who had the beauty of ten queen's but her heart was as black as midnight and colder than the winter winds. Icy ask the high priestess to help her cast the spell of death over Prince Chalice and his lover and she agreed but there was a price and that was that the high priestess rule the fairy kingdom out of anger and a broken heart Princess Icy agreed not knowing that the spell wouldn't work but would only make the Prince and his lover fall into a deep sleep. When the spell was cast the high priestess took over the kingdom and everything turned black as midnight and the humans waged war on the fairies. Princess Icy was locked away by the elder fairies and the high council held a meeting and they had one trick up their sleeve that the high priestess didn't know about and that was to awaken Princess Aramis she had the power to rule all and she could break the spell of darkness. Will the good fairy folk awaken Princess Aramis to free the kingdom and win the war ahhhhh that my friends is a tale for another day but today you can play this game it's full of magical, and mystical things.

Shut the front door Elephant is rockin the house ! This game is AWESOME ! Full of nothing but eye candy and it's a fairytale setting with Thumbelina how cool is that. As with all Elephant games this is well worthy of a ce. There are voice overs very well done, gorgeous graphics, lots of goodies to collect, killer hint system, jump here and there map and your journal, the music is very fitting oh and the hint is the magic mirror.

The game is so fun I bought it right away sale or no sale. Great story fun puzzles lots to do in this game and you can control the season's you also have a little critter that is sorta leading you around he get's away so fast but I do think he's there to help and he's just adorable. Give the demo a try it's worth it. Thank you Elephant and Big Fish for another magical and mystical adventure. Have fun everybody.

Edited on 10/27/2012 at 4:19:47 AM PST

tj1147
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by tj1147 on Oct 27, 12 5:52 AM
Review after playing about half of demo:

Beautiful graphics always catch my attention and they are here in abundance! Good story line that moves right along. Music and voices very fitting and I left the speakers on which I normally do not do. Lots of animation.

I like the map!!! I get a bit confused with a few of the puzzles (such as moving one color items to the opposite side) but that is not unusual for me, and "skip time" is not long if needed. I just love the animals and plants. The season-scene is definitely something I've not run across before and is quite nice. The black bar comments are so funny sometimes. There is some interaction in the well-done H0 scenes which I always like. Things to collect too!

Although I was somewhat surprised to see a CE today instead of Sunday, the game is a definite buy for me!! (And I will have to find another CE or some SEs to fill a game card as mine was empty!)

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Oct 27, 12 8:12 AM
stopped to buy,,,one major complaint tho..........

thumbalina thumbalina pretty little thing,,,,thumbalina dance thumbalina sing

is so stuck in my head right now.......lol

seriously tho...this game is so great, i am sitting here just moving my mouse all over the screen to discover what xtra special treats the devs made for us,,

was a little confused on one of the achievements, (50 wrong interactions) figured it out tho mouse over for answer ( so i clicked the hog scene 50 times,,,nope, then i took one of the interactive items and put it where i knew it didnt belong, 50 times.....that was it )

maps, achievements, collectibles, gorgeous graphics, diff story, and elephant usually gives great length.....what more could you ask for

sunnyglow
Clownfish
Clownfish
804 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyglow on Oct 27, 12 8:56 AM
Well, there is no fury as a woman scorned! Saying that, what a great game from a great dev who is related to a pachaderm (I can't write the name because the mean moderator will send me a nastygram!) However, I will purchase at the discounted price. Cool looking prince as well. After working hard lately with absolutely no time for anything, it is nice to see a handsome prince. So many CE's lately and so little time. And... all are great as well which makes is terribly difficult to choose what to play. This dev is one of the best in the business. I really did not even need to play the demo to know this would be magnificent. A change of theme which is nice. We are back to fairytales, but who cares??? The graphics, puzzles, game flow are wonderful. The length is decent as well. I guess. Pachaderm dev - please keep up the great work!

Eoarod
Flounder
Flounder
2,391 Posts

[Post New]by Eoarod on Oct 27, 12 9:16 AM
bella81762 wrote:

bella - now it's stuck in MY head...I see your Thumbelina and raise you an Inch worm, inch worm, measuring the mariogold

Fantabulous game so far! However I'm leaning toward the chick with the Ravens...is that wrong? I'm sure she's just misunderstood

It's a buy for me - activating as I type...so many bells and whistles in this one, it will take forever to play...I'm easily distracted by extra things to click on (seriously...we won't get into how many times I played with the cat & the ball of yarn in Shadow Wolf... )

The usual stunning graphics, story that pulls you right in - like the mix of drama with a generous helping of sarcasm!

As always love that there are achievements & super you only have to finish the game in one mode to get them all and it can be any mode! All this time later, I still hesitate to play Elephant games in uber hard mode...still not over those mini game glitches in Hallowed Legends...then again I've been known to accidentally hit the "skip" button and blow the achievements so maybe I'll "man up" this time

Like the map, but I find I usually "walk" anyway...but it's a nice feature for those moments of "Oh, man, I can't believe I forgot to do 'X' back in 'Y'" and you just want get somewhere in a hurry! That's just my pref, of course!

Only minor complaint is the somewhat hinky cursor...did see the "warning" in options...well let's say "advisory"... that turning off Special Effects could improve game play...but I'll feel like I'm missing out if I turn them off! Cursor seems to work better in H0 scenes than out of them, so for now will try to have my and eat it too! Hinky cursor & achievements for speedy clicking don't work together well...so not sure how much of an annoyance it will prove to be - especially with the full download.

Folks with older/slower computers may have to turn off the effects...guess we'll see as they weigh in!

I admit I was hoping the weekend CE would be something super "Halloweeny" - but this game is so fab I'm already over that desire!

Installing...so off to stare at and mouse over shiny objects for the rest of the day!

Happy Gaming!

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Oct 27, 12 10:04 AM
Eoarod wrote:
bella81762 wrote:

bella - now it's stuck in MY head...I see your Thumbelina and raise you an Inch worm, inch worm, measuring the mariogold

The usual stunning graphics, story that pulls you right in - like the mix of drama with a generous helping of sarcasm!

Folks with older/slower computers may have to turn off the effects...guess we'll see as they weigh in!

Happy Gaming!

lol eorad, sorry..and thanks for the "inchworm"

i had a real lol moment when the witch said to the prince ( " really your in love with Thumbalina,,,,,she is named after a body part")).

as for the special effects,, i turned them off so have no idea what i am missing but the game still looks beautiful to me..

Calicohorse
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by Calicohorse on Oct 27, 12 11:07 AM
I've never done this before, but exited the game after only 5 minutes to buy it. As soon as I saw the 4 statues in fact. The artwork alone is worth it. Lovely so far - just my kind of game, lots to do and not too easy. I agree with an earlier post on another thread that Elephant and Blue Tea are the best developers. Cheers,

Edited on 10/27/2012 at 11:09:52 AM PST

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on Oct 27, 12 11:52 AM
A cute game with amazing graphics. It has a map and you can go directly to where you want and tells you the tasks you need to do. Hints reload fast and puzzles you can solve. Like what I have seen so far and storyline is cute too. Have a talking mirror that gives the hints to you. Don't know if I will get the CE but will as the SE.. Give it 4 out of 5 stars..

Edited on 10/27/2012 at 11:53:39 AM PST

ledheadmelli
Herring
Herring
391 Posts

[Post New]by ledheadmelli on Oct 27, 12 1:52 PM
ummmm....yeah....thanks for getting the songs stuck in my head, guys! Now it's driving me crazy to try and remember if both those songs were from "Hans Christian Anderson" starring one of my favorites - Danny Kaye...who reminds me of Gene Wilder...who I just finished watching in "Young Frankenstein"...so.....

Sweet mystery of life, at last I've found you.. right back at ya!

Anyway, this was a great game that ended too soon (demo-wise) -always a good sign! Love the developers and own many of their games. I was afraid of issues, so did not get to see the special effects, but loved the way you could make flowers and whatnot move by mousing over them! Breathtaking scenery - no surprise with this dev - they never let me down! We have the usual evil forces, but the game is just so bright and cheery that it brought a ray of sunshine into my rainy day.

Interesting mini-games so far - the type that made me eager to find the necessary pieces so I could get to them. Only had to consult the mirror a few times, mostly so as not to waste any demo time, though, as it followed logic as to what to do and where to go. Absolutely love the season-changing scene - surely I missed a few things and will revisit as much as possible just to play around in there.

Considering buying the CE - will wait to see what others say about the bonus content, particularly extra play as the other bells and whistles are not a factor for me. Otherwise, I'm definitely buying the SE - if I can stand to wait that long!

Eoarod
Flounder
Flounder
2,391 Posts

[Post New]by Eoarod on Oct 27, 12 2:08 PM
leadheadmelli - yes - both are from Hans Christian Anderson"

I'm going to go check out the game now that's it's fully installed...a) see if it runs as well as demo b) see what the difference is with and without Special Effects...now that's nagging me! and see if it does run better without Spec Eff...will edit my findings into this post...

ETA: Seems to run the same after full download.

(Note: posted this part in the "Special Effects" thread as well...)

Special Effects = lighting effects...like a glow around plants & the dust motes floating through the air.

I'm sure it changes scene to scene - but it's that type of thing in general.

Yes...game does play better without the effects on but they're so pretty! Mind the cursor is a bit hinky either way - but less so without the Effects on...

Edited on 10/27/2012 at 7:19:20 PM PST

Go to: