bfgTokoro
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,111 Posts

The Mac version is here! 27th of October 2012

[Post New]by bfgTokoro on Oct 27, 12 12:42 AM
You can give this game a go by going to the game page here. The gameplay will be the same across both PC and Mac platforms, so please feel free to use this Forum for any questions, tips and tricks with other Unfinished Tales: Illicit Love Collector's Edition players.

If you encounter any technical trouble with your Mac game, we recommend checking our Mac Game Errors help article.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Tech Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of the Help pages.

For questions about how to use the Forums, please click the FAQ link to the right of this page.

Happy gaming!

bfgTokoro

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

Re:The Mac version is here! 27th of October 2012

[Post New]by mcurty on Oct 28, 12 9:14 PM
This game is another one that will not play correctly if you have Intel3000HD graphics. The video cut scenes are black and boxes in the game are blank including the one to type in your name.

Seems that this developer is now excluding a lot of Mac players from their gaming audience.

MacBook Pro owner.

ETA: Elephant Games did reply promptly to an email that I sent regarding this problem. They were apologetic about the problem we are having with their games and hope that it can be resolved in future releases. However, a fix for the current games may not be soon.

I do think it is an issue related to their 3D programming not functioning properly with Intel 3000HD due to the 10.7.5 and 10.8.2 OS updates.

Edited on 11/02/2012 at 11:25:24 PM PST

[Post New]by anyarose on Oct 29, 12 10:10 PM
mcurty wrote:This game is another one that will not play correctly if you have Intel3000HD graphics. The video cut scenes are black and boxes in the game are blank including the one to type in your name.

Seems that this developer is now excluding a lot of Mac players from their gaming audience.

MacBook Pro owner.

I'm soooooo happy to see that someone is trying to get this message out asap! A simple note in the system requirements could save so much hassle for so any MacBook users. It'd refreshing to see this kind of honest and direct disclosure of the issue rather than be told to update my machine!

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Nov 2, 12 8:17 PM
I now believe the problem with the Intel HD 3000 graphics may be connected to the Lion 10.7.5 update.

I was playing Surface....Noise... and it played fine. Today I went back to replay some of it and am having the same graphic problems as with this game. I know I didn't have those problems when I first played it. The only thing that I can figure out is that I did the 10.7.5 Lion update sometime since playing the game.

Others who are having problems....are you running Lion 10.7.5?

CinW
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by CinW on Nov 3, 12 9:44 PM
mcurty wrote:I now believe the problem with the Intel HD 3000 graphics may be connected to the Lion 10.7.5 update.

I was playing Surface....Noise... and it played fine. Today I went back to replay some of it and am having the same graphic problems as with this game. I know I didn't have those problems when I first played it. The only thing that I can figure out is that I did the 10.7.5 Lion update sometime since playing the game.

Others who are having problems....are you running Lion 10.7.5?

Yes, I am running Lion 10.7.5. Surface...Noise doesn't work for me either. It was the first one that I ran into this problem. Was able to play it, then couldn't, but I had assumed it was because they had downloaded an update (to fix another problem).

CinW
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by CinW on Nov 4, 12 11:38 AM
mcurty wrote:
ETA: Elephant Games did reply promptly to an email that I sent regarding this problem. They were apologetic about the problem we are having with their games and hope that it can be resolved in future releases. However, a fix for the current games may not be soon.

I do think it is an issue related to their 3D programming not functioning properly with Intel 3000HD due to the 10.7.5 and 10.8.2 OS updates.

Thanks for the update on this. I very much hope we'll see a fix for this issue -- love Elephant Games, and it would make me sad to not be able to play them in the future.

Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

[Post New]by Yaelle on Nov 25, 12 12:56 AM
yeah this is I think the 3rd time recently that I've run into this same problem with the graphics. I am running a MacBook Pro with 10.8.2 - can never keep up with which one that is but.....I didnt realize until I began the demo that this would be another of the affected games.
I couldnt see my name but I said to heck with it, let me go on & see how it goes. But its too affected to continue on more than a minute or two into the game.

Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

[Post New]by Yaelle on Dec 18, 12 5:26 PM
Ya know I just came across this game on my hard drive & as I went to delete it, I decided to come here to jog my memory on whether or not this was one of the games that I couldnt play due to technical errors.
And it is.
And its odd because this has happened to me oh....3 times? in the past 3-4 weeks. I there something going on, like with games being made differently somehow?

Obviously I am unfamiliar with the technical aspects of all this computer stuff, so I dont even know what to ask really. All I know is:
Me had games. Games worked good.
Me find new games. Games no work good. Me need games.

Go to: