je_peche
Minnow
Minnow
237 Posts

Special effects?

[Post New]by je_peche on Oct 27, 12 7:36 AM
my cursor is very "jerky" if I play with the SFX turned on. What am I missing if I turn it off?

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

Re:Special effects?

[Post New]by bella81762 on Oct 27, 12 8:14 AM
my game recognized it was jeky and asked on its own if i wanted it off,,,( i did) dont know what i am missing,,,as its still beautiful, things still happen when i mouse over the screen,,,,

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Oct 27, 12 5:13 PM
I am curious about that too...I turned it off, but don't know what I may be missing. I did notice the cursor was kinda floaty after inputting my name, and after checking out the options, I got that message too. Can anyone enlighten us?

boogweez
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,280 Posts

[Post New]by boogweez on Oct 27, 12 5:35 PM
It came up on my game saying it may run slow do I want to turn off spec effects? I said yes ,cursor no longer jerky. I too wonder what are we missing ?

Eoarod
Flounder
Flounder
2,391 Posts

[Post New]by Eoarod on Oct 27, 12 7:17 PM
Special Effects = lighting effects...like a glow around plants & the dust motes floating through the air.

I'm sure it changes scene to scene - but it's that type of thing in general.

Yes...game does play better without the effects on but they're so pretty! Mind the cursor is a bit hinky either way - but less so without the Effects on...

Edited on 10/27/2012 at 7:19:38 PM PST

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Oct 28, 12 5:04 AM
Cursor freeze everytime. I turn off the SE but the cursor freeze again.
Yesterday I had no problems with the game. I want to play!

I uninstall the game and install again, but nothing works fine.

Tiger2010
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,624 Posts

[Post New]by Tiger2010 on Oct 28, 12 12:14 PM
I'm sorry you are having these problems, guys . My game said the same thing right at the start. I ignored the advice to turn off the SXF, carried on anyway and I have the special effects and no jerky cursor or freezes.

chiari_survivor
Catfish
Catfish
1,506 Posts

[Post New]by chiari_survivor on Nov 3, 12 3:36 PM
Tiger2010 wrote:I'm sorry you are having these problems, guys . My game said the same thing right at the start. I ignored the advice to turn off the SXF, carried on anyway and I have the special effects and no jerky cursor or freezes.

I too had the message that asked if I wanted to turn the effects off like Tiger2010 describes and I too ignored it and played as normal. Since I was asked while still signing in my name I can't say what was different by that point. I have 2 different computers so I was able to play the demo version twice while I had no problems on the larger PC with more bells and whistles I did find on the smaller notebook, was when the message came up and the occasional floaty ness of the cursor began. What I mean by that is that multiple times I would click an area and a different spot about an inch away was opening and giving me what was available from that area. But most of the time it was right on and I was not having to reclick to get an item like I would have expected since it was picking up things over an inch away from the cursor. Weird... so if I do decide to purchase this one I would only play it on the larger better PC, or just accept that this would be the level of performance that my Aspire One 722 notebook is able to provide. This is not to say that other peoples notebooks would act the same way so be sure to demo on the computer you would likely play the game on.

I was hoping that by playing the beginning demo again I would be able to figure out if I am interested enough in the game to purchase or not and sadly I am still on the fence with this one. My issue is with the story line as so far it seems like the "evil" witch was wronged and betrayed by the prince and the more facts and clues that are being brought up by others about the prince as you go along, the more I stay on the fence. Obviously there are always two sides to every story and never are things black and white but usually shades of grey, especially with relationship problems. Feel free to PM me if you feel that you can help me get off this fence! Now if puts the game credits on sale at 50% off or we have another BOGO sale then that just may be the incentive I need. We can always hope dream and plead with

Go to: