bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Post any Sable Maze: Sullivan River technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Oct 28, 12 3:04 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

aalaurie
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

Re:Post any Sable Maze: Sullivan River technical issues here only

[Post New]by aalaurie on Oct 28, 12 8:51 AM
The game ran very slowly and then completely glitched (frozen solid) in the scene where I was getting rid of the heavy branches blocking the gate.

No buy for me!

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Oct 28, 12 8:58 AM
Hi aalaurie,

When a game runs slowly and freezes, it normally means that the computer is not handling the game very well. The good thing is that some quick updates, can help to improve matters!

If you like, please check out the help article here,, which has some great advice on how to check for updates to help your game display and run more smoothly.

If you would like some more help with this though, we are happy to provide it! Please run a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report and send that over to our Tech Support Team so we can get to helping you right away.

Best of luck!

bfgBaikal

debbie6754
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by debbie6754 on Oct 28, 12 12:59 PM
In one HOG scene you have to draw rain with the blue pencil. This doesn't work. Help.

debbie6754
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by debbie6754 on Oct 28, 12 1:38 PM
I figured it out. You have to click on the paper and not draw the rain.

[Post New]by monsterabit on Nov 12, 12 5:03 PM
I've already checked the guide, so I know that at the Art House I am supposed to be able to use the drill to take out four screws at the dance room "bar". No matter how I position the drill, it does not take out the screws. Please help!!

bfgTokoro
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,111 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTokoro on Nov 13, 12 3:27 AM
Hi monsterabit,

Welcome to the Pond!

Have you checked our Sable Maze: Sullivan River Walkthrough? It's a great guide that goes through the whole game and shows you where everything is and how to solve all the puzzles. I like using them any time I get stuck in one of my games.

I did some research to help you and I found:
Examine the railing and use the DRILL on each of the four screws; take the HANDRAIL (S).

Another tip when you're stuck in the game, feel free to create a new discussion as you'll have more chances to get an answer. We keep the Technical issue thread to collect the technical issues and provide some basic troubleshooting steps.

I hope this helps!

bfgTokoro

Edited on 11/13/2012 at 3:28:25 AM PST

[Post New]by allibaba79 on Dec 31, 12 7:42 PM
From reading the walkthrough, it says the hook and rope will automatically combine once you find both items. Ive done everything exactly as shown in the walkthrough to this point but Im stuck now. If the rope and hook dont combine on their own how am I supposed to proceed?

[Post New]by botanybob on Jan 3, 13 9:39 PM
In the art classroom, there is a chalkboard where you need to arrange the letters to spell the Dryad's name. Before I figured out where to put the letters, I put a couple of them off to the side of the chalkboard. Now they appear to be inaccessible. Is there any way to reset this puzzle without starting the game over?

[Post New]by Gizcat on Jan 6, 13 1:51 PM
Morter and pestle do not get placed. No recipe. Have gone back through game but it is not accessible.

[Post New]by mommarock on Jan 8, 13 10:44 AM
In the kids' dorm, took note and matches, placed bird in nest, found winder and attached it and moved clock hands to 12:00.... doors did not open and I cannot get access to the key to get into the art school. I am stumped. What do you recommend? THANKS!

laurakay76
Guppy
Guppy
195 Posts

[Post New]by laurakay76 on Jan 16, 13 1:58 AM
I've reached the finale, and because I was stuck, I went to the walkthrough. I have just used the broken light bulb to get the directions from the stone at the labyrinth entrance. According to the walkthrough, I back out of that 'room' to the waterfall, and there is a HOS at the left waterfall... except that there isn't.

I tried clicking the hint button, and it had me go all the way back to the art house. As soon as I enter the art house, it tells me to leave. I leave, it says to enter again.

The technical issues thread for the collector's edition show that this is a common glitch and I have to uninstall and reinstall the game. I am EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED in this! This game has been out for months now and this issue still has not been corrected? I just bought the game two days ago! It's taken me over five hours to get this far, and I don't like having to redo everything because the developers screwed up.

[Post New]by norsemanlady on Jan 17, 13 5:11 PM
monsterabit wrote:I've already checked the guide, so I know that at the Art House I am supposed to be able to use the drill to take out four screws at the dance room "bar". No matter how I position the drill, it does not take out the screws. Please help!!

I too have checked the walkthrough several times and tried to use the drill several times. Got one screw loose but no matter where the drill is put it will not unscrew the other three screws. Any suggestion other than checking the walkthrough would be appreciated

[Post New]by norsemanlady on Jan 17, 13 5:13 PM
monsterabit wrote:I've already checked the guide, so I know that at the Art House I am supposed to be able to use the drill to take out four screws at the dance room "bar". No matter how I position the drill, it does not take out the screws. Please help!!

Just tried one more thing and I clicked on each screw and the drill worked. Maybe this will help monsterabit too.

[Post New]by Specs29 on Jan 19, 13 8:50 PM
I'm getting annoyed with this game , I have been stuck on the pliers and spurs now for a week. When I try to use the pliers they keep returning to the inventory, have tried using them on all parts of the spurs but nothing works. Am at the stage that i think i need to re-install the game??

valjoy
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by valjoy on Jan 24, 13 10:13 PM
Yep - same problem. In the classroom, with the drill clicked on the screws every which way with no result.

Comment to look at the walkthrough isn't helpful - of course that's the first point of call for any gamer. Help! Enjoyable game up to now.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Jan 26, 13 2:59 AM
In many games the mechanics work in such a way that the game recognizes where you place your cursor while holding an object instead of where you place the actual object. So, while holding the object, place your cursor tip on the object you are trying to interact with. Oftentimes your cursor will actually be about halfway down the body of whatever object you are holding.

Perhaps that will help with the problems a lot of you are experiencing.

valjoy
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by valjoy on Jan 26, 13 6:25 PM
Thanks!! That did the trick.

[Post New]by ivanmaxim1 on Apr 12, 13 8:04 PM
The technical glitch mentioned in the January posting still has not been fixed. The HOS at the left waterfall does not trigger and the only answer was to uninstall and reinstall the whole thing when you were almost through to the end.

[Post New]by KimJ1962 on Sep 9, 13 4:02 AM
At the left waterfall, there is supposed to be an HOS, but its not there. I have rebooted the game, rebooted my computer, cleared cache on computer etc., and still no HOS for me to get the kite and other items needed for the maze.

Please help.

Thanks

Go to: