bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Twilight City: Love as a Cure

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Oct 29, 12 12:29 AM
In Twilight City: Love as a Cure, you're a young vampire passionately in love with a human. However, the curse of being immortal comes at a high price. Your burning desire for blood can destroy your love. It's up to you to search for a cure in the mysterious city of Skylight. Overcome all obstacles and become human again!

Re:Twilight City: Love as a Cure

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Oct 29, 12 12:56 AM
I think this is more of an RPG, although it looks sorta interesting, as soon as they told me I needed to choose one of three jobs, I kinda lost interest for the night...think I will see what the reviews are like and sit on this one. I do like the other one, though, Abyss, as it is more my type. In any event, have fun, and don't forget the TRICK code is still valid.

Gdecorso
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Gdecorso on Oct 29, 12 1:09 AM
not sure what type of game this is, or where its going, but it does have hidden object scenes, love it, bought it

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Oct 29, 12 1:26 AM
Hi there,
Yes, looks like an RPG, but seems to have superior graphics to others I have seen here.
If what Gdecorso says is true ... another genre cross-pollinated to entice players.
I hope it is an enjoyable time for all.
Cheers

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Oct 29, 12 2:34 AM

Good graphics but I must be a bit dumb as I didn't find the point of any of my actions... So I exited

Have a good day

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Oct 29, 12 3:06 AM
Poutoule wrote:
Good graphics but I must be a bit dumb as I didn't find the point of any of my actions... So I exited

Have a good day
I had the same feeling.

sparkle76
Marlin
Marlin
9,781 Posts

[Post New]by sparkle76 on Oct 29, 12 5:27 AM
thanks wolfenraindancer for reminding us that the TRICK code is still valid - i just bought it using the code, yay!
great fun game, very much a mix of genres and therefore quite unique... thanks devs!

KimVJ
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by KimVJ on Oct 29, 12 5:42 AM
I thought it was a cute game. It's basically Life Quest with a goth/vampire flavor and without the charm.

My main concern though is that one of the faces you can pick to be yours as a male character is a famous British male super model named DAVID GANDY. And the face doesn't look just "sort of/kind of" like him, it IS his image and I would be very surprised if his representatives gave permission to use his likeness in a game.

I have no idea about the legalities of using the images of famous people, but if they didn't get permission, it seems kind of underhanded to me.

[Post New]by Blooming_Lilac on Oct 29, 12 6:31 AM
I like it! It's fun, hauntingly beautiful, and occasionally humorous. I didn't like Life Quest enough to buy it, but I bought this one. As was mentioned, the story takes place in a Gothic setting.

You can play as a male or female and choose your avatar/clothes/hair. During the game, you can buy clothes, which I am enjoying. I only wish the list were longer as I love fashion.

I've played for about 2 hours. During that time, I've only played 2 H0S which is okay with me, but may put others off. This is not a TM game, per se, but you have to manage your health (mana and vigor) between tasks. I like doing the missions. When you complete a mission, you're given a choice of coins, mana, or a vigor increase.

Music is appropriate to the setting and I haven't turned it off. Nice ambiance and music. Graphics are really nice, dark, and eerie.

You get to buy a pet and upgrade your transportation. I'm on the second upgrade. You start out riding a horse through town.

I just bought new furniture. There are options to work and/or buy potions to replenish health. You have to study at the academy before you can learn certain spells and complete some tasks.

The game is in widescreen. I had black bars at the top and bottom of the screen, but they're gone now that I changed my screen resolution.

Game keeps up with your playing time. You can view character abilities/statistics. Nice, unique game-play. Love the theme for Halloween. Thanks for this game!

Janie42
Clownfish
Clownfish
598 Posts

[Post New]by Janie42 on Oct 29, 12 6:34 PM
Thanks all for your comments and/or actual details of what the game is like!

Big to Blooming_Lilac as your infos/review (above) are excellent; that caught my attention & thus I trialed then bought.

You capture the essence of the gameplay perfectly. It's fun & so nice to have something different, unique, funny, replayable & the graphics & music especially are really lovely, I agree.

Thanks devs & .

[Post New]by Blooming_Lilac on Oct 30, 12 12:56 PM
Janie42 wrote:Thanks all for your comments and/or actual details of what the game is like!

Big to Blooming_Lilac as your infos/review (above) are excellent; that caught my attention & thus I trialed then bought.

You capture the essence of the gameplay perfectly. It's fun & so nice to have something different, unique, funny, replayable & the graphics & music especially are really lovely, I agree.

Thanks devs & .

Thank you for the kind comments! I'm glad my review was helpful. Hope you're enjoying the game. Happy Halloween!

[Post New]by clg424 on Oct 30, 12 3:04 PM
Does anybody know what it means when your circle turns redIII am I being a little bit thick or can this be avoided. Thanks in advance for an answer.

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

Re: Twilight City: Love as a Cure

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Nov 8, 12 7:22 PM
What circle?

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Nov 9, 12 11:33 PM
I just played the demo and although the graphics are nice and it's a cute game, there isn't much of a challenge so far - you just have to complete objectives in any way you can. In the Life Quest games you had to try and be the first to meet objectives so you really had to think about how and when you did things. So I was wondering if there is any kind of challenge in this game, perhaps later on? Thx!

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

Re: Twilight City: Love as a Cure

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Sep 6, 13 7:31 PM
Truly, not all that much, certainly not for you, Severine (based on your previous posts elsewhere).

I suppose really foolish play could exhaust resources, but I'm not sure one could end up unable to recover--as you can, say, in the Westward series if you overspend your Experience Points.

I did enjoy it. I found doing the management was interesting enough that I never though about whether it was also challenging.

Go to: