bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Post any Abyss: The Wraiths of Eden technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Oct 29, 12 12:33 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

pjmatt
Clownfish
Clownfish
523 Posts

Re:Post any Abyss: The Wraiths of Eden technical issues here only

[Post New]by pjmatt on Oct 29, 12 5:47 PM
Every time I click on some one to talk with them, the game shuts off. I can reenter the game but it doesn't always let me start where I left off. If this had happened before I bought it ,not sure I would have.

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Oct 30, 12 3:26 AM
Heya pjmatt,

I'm sorry to hear that your game keeps shutting down when you try to talk to someone.

It sounds like your computer is having some difficulties to display some elements of the game. This can often be fixed by making sure that the software on your computer is up to date. You can find some easy steps on how to do that here.

If this doesn’t help, our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report. You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

[Post New]by Sunshine2104 on Oct 30, 12 11:50 PM
My hints quit working on The Last Chapter so I am stuck not being able to get a light to go down to the sewer..

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Oct 31, 12 4:39 AM
Hi Sunshine2104,

I'm very sorry to hear that - I know how frustrating that must be for you!

To help with this, I would suggest uninstalling and reinstalling the game to see if that improves matters?

Failing that, please get in touch with our Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page so that they can look into this further for you!

Hoping this helps!

bfgBaikal

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Nov 6, 12 3:35 AM
Hi mmmm99,

In this instance, I believe creating a new player profile and starting over is your best option as you are unable to backtrack and get that item and have already uninstalled. I wish I had better advice for you though!

That being said, if you would like to explore more options, please do get in touch with our Tech Support Team so we can provide more specific advice.

Hoping this is helpful.

bfgBaikal

Edited on 11/06/2012 at 3:35:56 AM PST

[Post New]by ShirleyOstrander on Dec 19, 12 10:31 PM
Finished the demo. Bought/activated the game. There is nothing in inventory and I never "freed myself from the vines" - didn't need to. Standing in front of Robert and I need a ladle...

stuck - really frustrated - things were working beautifully until I bought the game!

I really do not want to have to start over, seriously!

TillyQ
Clownfish
Clownfish
526 Posts

[Post New]by TillyQ on Dec 21, 12 6:36 PM
I'm on a MacBook Pro with OSX10.6.8. The games opens fine & the opening ran OK. I had to double click on everything to get anything to work. When I got to the first HOG scene I was unable to pick objects that had to be used on other objects. The tutorial never had any information about the game above the menu with the tiles. I couldn't pick up the tiles to try & figure it out.

[Post New]by balousassy on Dec 28, 12 3:43 AM
ShirleyOstrander wrote:Finished the demo. Bought/activated the game. There is nothing in inventory and I never "freed myself from the vines" - didn't need to. Standing in front of Robert and I need a ladle...

stuck - really frustrated - things were working beautifully until I bought the game!

I have the exact same problem , was having fun until i bought , please help.

[Post New]by indigo_ladybug on Jan 10, 13 9:23 PM
i get the weeeeirdest thing, all blocks of color. I'm at the spot where I have to save Robert, and anywhere I go (either elevators or back), that's all I see. I had NO PROBLEMS until I installed the BF version. messed up BIG time! I have a screen grab, but I'm not sure where or if I can even post it here. everything is up to date, no problems with any other games.

[Post New]by cocoholly101 on Jan 21, 13 7:04 AM
ShirleyOstrander wrote:Finished the demo. Bought/activated the game. There is nothing in inventory and I never "freed myself from the vines" - didn't need to. Standing in front of Robert and I need a ladle...

Exactly the same happened to me!!!! Really frustrating

Edited on 01/21/2013 at 7:05:19 AM PST

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jan 26, 13 6:26 AM
Hi Fishies!

I just wanted to swim in and let you know that we have received a new build of this game, which resolves the issue of losing your progress, once the full game is purchased!

To get this newest version, all you need to do is uninstall and reinstall the game.

For more info, you can check out the the post here!

Hoping this information is helpful.

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by mooncat1950 on Apr 3, 13 5:14 PM
I have had no problems with the game till I got to the vine covered door. Cut the vines and put the right heads on the right bodies on the door and just as it starts to sparkle because I have solved the puzzle correctly the game freezes. I have had to do a hard shutdown and restart 2 times. Don't understand why this one puzzle is causing so much trouble. Please help - really like the game up to this point!

[Post New]by finnrazelle on Oct 3, 13 10:46 AM
the game keeps stopping at the end of the demo ..im playing in windows and I started new prod=file and it did it again

blueskies01
Guppy
Guppy
161 Posts

[Post New]by blueskies01 on Nov 2, 13 8:31 PM
Mac 10.6.8: Uninstalled and reinstalled several times, but it simply would not open.

louinator
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by louinator on Jan 29, 14 8:43 PM
blueskies01 wrote:Mac 10.6.8: Uninstalled and reinstalled several times, but it simply would not open.

Mine is doing exactly the same. Cannot open at all... same Mac OS X 10.6.8

Loralia
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by Loralia on Jul 17, 14 6:04 PM
Has anyone had a problem in level 6 with the ladle? I have freed myself, collected the ladle and am attempting to fill it again from the drip on the knob but the vine killer will not go into the ladle, no matter how carefully I place it. I have moved the ladle around, a hairsbreadth at a time (and I mean that literally), from above to below the knob and all around it, and the vine killer will not go into it. Any suggestions?

safarinow
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

THE SAFE WON'T TAKE THE COMBINATION

[Post New]by safarinow on Sep 13, 14 12:27 PM
I am using Windows 7. I cannot open the safe. The combination starts L5, R3. The 5 works fine and gives me a green checkmark, but no matter how many times or ways I turn it to 3, all I get is a red X and I can't proceed. (It reminds me of high school lockers)! I don't know what to do and I would love to go on with the game. HELP! What is the problem? 2safarinow

seventh
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

Game crashing

[Post New]by seventh on Jan 20, 15 6:13 PM
I just bought this game yesterday. It worked fine until about half way through, it shut down.I could load it again but when I clicked play it would shut down again. I tried admin mode then I restarted my pc and now it does nothing. I get an access violation.

Now after uninstalling and reinstalling, the game will resume where I was but the Menu Window is on the middle of the screen and won't close. I can select any options on it but can't close it and resume the game.

New today: After starting over with a new player name it works. I just hope it doesn't do that again when I'm far into the game. This afternoon the menu button didn't work and I couldn't exit. I had to ctrl+alt+delete to kill it. I did go back and play but it lost a bit of progress. Seems to work again.

January 24: I have completed the game once. I was about to complete it again and it crashed and won't reload with that player name. The game will resume where I was but the Menu Window is on the middle of the screen and won't close. I can select any options on it but can't close it and resume the game. Another player works from the beginning again.

January 30: Crashing again at the hotel with new player.

Edited on 01/30/2015 at 4:16:09 PM PST

[Post New]by iloontje29 on Feb 25, 15 7:43 AM
I bought this game last night, the demo worked but when i bought this game and tried to play it the screen turned purple with green and black, it resembles when an old tv had no signal so it was static with all those colors. Only the menu with my stuff i collected is to be seen above the colors, but i can't see anything else from the game itself. Help please?

Go to: