bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Reviews for Abyss: The Wraiths of Eden

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Oct 29, 12 12:35 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Abyss: The Wraiths of Eden? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Abyss: The Wraiths of Eden page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgBiwa

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Re:Reviews for Abyss: The Wraiths of Eden

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Oct 29, 12 12:35 AM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable to the review thread.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game, what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. This can only help us in continuing to provide better games, which is what we all want!

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgBiwa

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Oct 29, 12 12:44 AM
Fills my widescreen completely, says it auto adjusts, music is good, story is interesting, graphics are good, only one hos so far, and it is interactive some what. There is a useable map, after you get it, and hints are helpful. Achievements, oh yes. So far so good. Stopped to buy...don't foget the TRICK code!

eta: cuz I missed it first time around...this is by [Removed by Moderator] so you know it is a good one!

Edited on 10/29/2012 at 5:47:22 AM PST

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Oct 29, 12 12:55 AM

Played 20 minutes, casual

- 3 modes, casual, advanced, expert
- Notebook
- Shortly after starting the game you get a map, which shows you where you are and places of interest
- Voice overs
- H0, you interact
- Mini games pretty easy up to what I've played
- Hint refills quickly and is useful outside H0
- You get awards for using not hints in H0 or completing a mini game with no skip
- Good graphics

Another fiance to rescue from a hooded man.....but this time it's underwater, adds a little bit of "salt" to the thing and there are and and etc....
Will spend a punch card credit on the game.

Imberis
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,263 Posts

[Post New]by Imberis on Oct 29, 12 12:56 AM
This game is a nice change of setting! It's a little creepy, but the underwater setting and story are nice. Yes, you're still out to rescue someone, and there's still a crash of sorts, but at least it's sort of different and I feel like the mystery is actually kind of interesting.

From the demo:
Pros: - Fantastic graphics.
- Music is good. Voiceovers are good.
- There are three modes of gameplay.
- There is a jump map that will tell you if there are things that need to be done in certain areas (not available in expert mode, and you don't get the map until a ways into the game).
- Some sort-of-newness to the usual mini-games, plus some of them have multiple parts (as in, do a small puzzle to open a case to get to the larger puzzle).
- There are achievements.
- If you don't want to do hidden object scenes, you can play dominoes instead.
- There's a bonus chapter after you finish the main game (and in a standard edition game!).

Cons:
- The noise when you click on objects in the hidden object scenes is kind of annoying.
- A few spots where the graphics are iffy in one area of a scene, but the majority is really pretty.

I played this for ten minutes, bought it, and then played some more. I love it.

saphhire
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by saphhire on Oct 29, 12 1:08 AM
It's a buy for me also, with the trick deal well worth the price, I think . The game, started out with a washed out blue hue, but cleared a little later in the game............Whats with the eye opening closing in all the games now?................I feel like I'm waking up from a coma....... Putting aside all the kidding, this game is quite good(in my opinion)........................I'm enjoying it......hope everyone is safe with east coast pounding me included.........hope it fizzles.................GOOD LUCK ALL WHO WEATHER THE STORM.................HOPE ITS A FRANKIN BERRY..............INSTEAD OF A FRANKINMELON................

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Oct 29, 12 1:22 AM
The graphics are stunning! The storyline interesting enough so far. I LOVE underwater games. I've really enjoyed all the games this developer has made and put out so far. They have a real gift with graphics and animations. This one has everything I look for in a game.

I will say the opening scene didn't tell me enough about what's was happening at the start...but as you play on...you learn more what's going on. Even though there's some kind of ghostly thing, at least it's different than the usual cookie cutter (evil/dark/twisted/ghostly) games of late.

This is a must try, but a buy for me. Great job to the developers on all of your games. :thumbup Keep up the great work. I'm a big fan! Thanks

Yes: Widescreen
Yes: Voiceovers
Yes: Custom Cursor
Yes: Map
Yes: Extra Bonus Play for SE. Yea!
3 modes of play
Theme: Underwater Mystery

I rate this game: “FINE SWINE”
Great game! Best graphics and storyline. All the bells and whistles! The best and greatest of games! I love it!
‘ ‘
(o)

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Oct 29, 12 1:30 AM
Morning, all...

Here comes a game from the makers of such great games like "Dark Arcana: The Carnival" and "Nightmares from the Deep: The Cursed Heart", to name just two.

There are 3 gameplay modes: Casual, Advanced, Expert.

There is a choice of Custom and System cursor - the latter being a smaller version of the former.

There is Voice-Over.

The game automatically supports Widescreen.

There are lots of Achievements.

Your Diary is at the left, and your Notes and Objectives can be found in here.

Also at the left is your Map. It will show you where you are and where you need to do something, but it can't be used to jump.

The Hint button, in form of a Diving Helmet, is at the right. Outside of the HOS (hidden object scenes) it shows you exactly where you have to go and, to my utter delight, it only takes about 16 seconds to refill in Casual mode.

The HOS are interactive, and so far they are nicely spread.
If you don't feel like looking for hidden objects, you can click on those Dominoes at the left, and play a game of... well... dominoes.

Puzzles can be skipped. The Skip button only takes about 45 seconds to fill in Casual mode.

Graphics are very well done, and the Cut Scenes are Oscar-worthy.

On the Main Menu you will find a "Last Chapter", which you can play once you have finished the main game. So it looks like we are getting a CE-worthy game today, just without the extras.

--- --- ---

Gameplay is what we have come to expect of the better HOGs, and I already uttered a scream twice before I even played for 20 minutes. Not what I need first thing in the morning. LOL

Anyway, this looks like a fun and interesting game, and I will definitely purchase it.

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by sassylassie on Oct 29, 12 1:34 AM
Yes! Arifex Mundi goes without saying, awesome team! Wonderful surprise Thanks BF and [Removed by Moderator]! Now we know why [Removed by Moderator] has been quiet, they have been busy! And so far in the not even last 30 minutes I jumped. Good good game. Love these type!!

Story: So far as I got, poor Robert is missing, and his fiance is took a boat out and now we are underwater looking for him. We found his camera but the plot thickens as we find out who this guy is the one who looks like Death.

Mini Game: Played one so far which was a nice little tanagram puzzle. One of my favs. I am sure as we continue they will get more challenging.

Graphics: Absolutely gorgeous. This is another team who has fantastic artists.

Hint system: To be honest I don't know. I don't use it unless it's absolutely necessary. And one of the achievements is not use it during and hidden object scene.

All in all awesome game! Kudos to the team of [Removed by Moderator]!!

Edited on 10/29/2012 at 5:49:07 AM PST

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Oct 29, 12 2:16 AM
Well I have done something today that I have never done before and that is to buy a game after only looking at the title screen and what options are available ... why? ... because these devs also made ...

Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek
Nightmares From the Deep: The Cursed Heart
Dark Arcana: The Carnival
Time Mysteries: The Ancient Spectres

and I bought and enjoyed all of those games so I wasn't in any doubt that I would like this one too .

However there is some icing on today's cake because it is a CE in SE clothing and you get ...

20 Achievements to earn and in that section it tells you that there are

22 Hidden Object Locations

and

17 Minigames

Not only that but with automatic widescreen adjustment ... other devs please take note ... a map that tells you where there is available action in Casual and Advanced Modes ... and a Last Chapter to play everyone should snap this game up immediately if not sooner.

Cherb

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Oct 29, 12 3:25 AM
When I listed some of the top developers in a recent review, I stupidly forgot to include the developer of this excellent game,[Removed by Moderator]. My apologies to the devs, because I have thoroughly enjoyed every game they have released.

My friends and fellow pond members above have expertly detailed most of the facets of the game so I'll only add a couple of remarks.

This is the first game in a long time that actually gave me a "jump out of the chair" moment!! Great fun there.

The art and graphics are simply gorgeous.

The game is in WIDESCREEN----and the devs proudly announce (rightly so) in the options screen that the game is automatically presented in widescreen. For ALL. As ALL devs should----and most, with one glaring exception, are now doing so.

Someone said this is a CE in SE clothing, and I absolutely concur.

A beautiful game with lots of bells and whistles and absolutely should be in everyone's collection of fine games.

ETA----devs name can't be mentioned here----sorry!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can't help but mention that I'm a little late posting because I got caught up in today's "soft release"----another winner!!!!

Edited on 10/29/2012 at 11:46:57 AM PST

margit50
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by margit50 on Oct 29, 12 4:17 AM
A beautiful game, and it is a SE.Well worth the money. I was lucky and still had a coupon. Everything positive has been said already. I did not find anything negative to say.

cathyok
Minnow
Minnow
208 Posts

[Post New]by cathyok on Oct 29, 12 4:47 AM
Wow! Two really good games on a Monday! Thank you [Removed by Moderator] for all your hard work you put in on this game. I love all your games and you just keep getting better and better.

Edited on 10/29/2012 at 5:50:19 AM PST

[Post New]by Robie23456 on Oct 29, 12 5:59 AM
Liked this one

cathyok
Minnow
Minnow
208 Posts

[Post New]by cathyok on Oct 29, 12 6:23 AM
Can anybody tell me why sometimes you can say the name of the Devs for a game and then other times they remove it from your post like they did WolfenRaindancer and my self this morning?

gmac1007
Clownfish
Clownfish
569 Posts

[Post New]by gmac1007 on Oct 29, 12 7:08 AM
Good morning everyone It wasn't suppose to happen like this he said he loved me, and that we would be together until the end of time so why did he do this to me all I ever did was love him and try to make him happy where did I go so wrong. I was always there for me no matter what so what did I do to deserve this. I've been racking my brain over this and I still don't understand why we were getting married we were going to start a life together a family together the house was ready for us to move into after the honeymoon all of the furniture was brand new the paint was still fresh on the walls the fireplace was already for us to spend our first Christmas together just us. We would have only been married a couple of months when the holiday's would roll around we had already planned where we were going to put the tree hang the wreathes we had even bought a small stocking for the child we were hoping to have by next Christmas and then it happened I saw him I saw her I saw them together in love and ready to be married. When I ask him about it he tried to make up some story I wanted to believe him but I knew he was lying but I fell for it anyway and that was my mistake and not the only mistake I made with him. He wanted to make it up to me by taking me on a day cruise knowing all along I couldn't swim and then it happened he pushed me over and now here I am all alone at the bottom of the ocean but he forgot one thing he pushed the wrong one for I have a dark secret of my own and that will be his mistake and when that ocean liner comes through here next week taking them on our honeymoon he'll be mine again because you can't drown a witch oh yes he will be mine and since he wouldn't have me in life then I will have him in death. If you don't believe the ocean holds dark secrets play this game it's full of gorgeous and ghostly things that were once left behind.

WOW ! Once again this developer proves that all great games don't have to be a collector's edition just like with their last offering this one reeks of ce and it has all the qualities. The graphics are simply gorgeous, the story is great the voice over is well done the puzzles are doable it's a buy for me. All in all this is a great game give the demo a try. Thank you dev's and Big Fish for a awesome underwater adventure. Have fun everybody.

Edited on 10/29/2012 at 11:57:46 AM PST

gbo1
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,979 Posts

[Post New]by gbo1 on Oct 29, 12 8:05 AM
Another great game from the makers of Nightmare from the deep - one of my top ten games, ever. There's nothing I can add to other great reviews but say I'm enjoying the music, sound effects, color, art and mini games. I really enjoy the fact that, so far, the hidden object scenes are not just huge junk piles. The only little itty bitty negative I have is that I can't always see my inventory. A lock or unlock would be appreciated since I don't remember the way I used too. Also, was able to purchase the game using the TRICK code from this weekend. Thanks BFG even if this was an accident.

The developer is in the house and I wish to thank them for always producing quality games. This is money well spent to a developer who is worth supporting. Keep up the good work.

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Oct 29, 12 9:12 AM
cathyok wrote:Can anybody tell me why sometimes you can say the name of the Devs for a game and then other times they remove it from your post like they did WolfenRaindancer and my self this morning?

silly rule,, if a dev sells thier game elsewhere or sells other games then thier own on thier websites,,,them mentioning them is a nono,,,,,

no on to a review so as this doesnt get modded..

great awesome se,,,,,with ce bells and whistles,,,interesting story, achievements, bonus story,,, it was quite enjoyable

Eoarod
Flounder
Flounder
2,391 Posts

[Post New]by Eoarod on Oct 29, 12 9:14 AM
Definitely a CE in SE clothing ad cbtx said.

Running like a clock so far - no hinky cursor - which does say a lot IMO - it's not just file size which dictates this; had hinkyness in a relatively small game this month & often there's no hinky in larger games...so worth noting Interesting plot - not pulled in to it with a "must save the fiance" feeling, but pulled in by the game overall & wanting to see the under water world.

Nifty graphics! Always nice to have a choice of H0 or game - but - here my pet peeve rises from the deep; because of the H0 or game choice you necessarily have to play through twice to get all the achievements...this make me crabbeh

Will be a buy for me...not sure when because I just spent the weekend getting myself neatly to 0 punches - but if folks are right & treat is still a treat...and with two lovely offerings today...hrm...tempting to fill out one more card.

Upshot - very nice game, doesn't give me that "I must play today or I'll die of anticipation" feeling but looking forward to it overall!

As always - try for yourself & Happy Gaming!

PS - cathyok - if a dev sells their games on their own site their name can't be mentioned if they sell only on BFG - name away! After a while in the pond you figure out who's who

cathyok
Minnow
Minnow
208 Posts

[Post New]by cathyok on Oct 29, 12 10:16 AM
bella81762 wrote:
cathyok wrote:Can anybody tell me why sometimes you can say the name of the Devs for a game and then other times they remove it from your post like they did WolfenRaindancer and my self this morning?

silly rule,, if a dev sells thier game elsewhere or sells other games then thier own on thier websites,,,them mentioning them is a nono,,,,,

no on to a review so as this doesnt get modded..

great awesome se,,,,,with ce bells and whistles,,,interesting story, achievements, bonus story,,, it was quite enjoyable

Go to: