DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

Comments for Abyss: The Wraiths of Eden

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Oct 29, 12 1:40 AM
Hi there,
Another SE release from Artifex Mundi that I hope is as much fun as their last game Dark Arcana, that was far superior to some other games released as CEs here.

Unfortunately it has been released after the most delightful Unfinished Tales - but I suspect that the production values, storyline and game play will be tantalising enough for those of us who like these types of games to purchase it anyway.

I have a couple of PCCs itching to be used - better than the sale for me - but the Sale offer is still available.

Cheers

Re:Comments for Abyss: The Wraiths of Eden

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Oct 29, 12 1:49 AM
What a nice suprise! Great game and spooky too. Love it. I just hit the buy button.

Finaly I can use a PCC for it.

Thanks BF and devs!

Morning DOL.

Sept24
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by Sept24 on Oct 29, 12 2:28 AM
Another great game. Just finished the demo and I love it. Seems like a great combination of adventure and hidden object so far. Love the underwater theme too. I agree DLO Unfinished Tales is hard to complete with for me as I just love it, but this looks worth buying right now and it isn't even a CE so we can all use some of our PCC's.

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Oct 29, 12 2:34 AM
Hi Dobbie, Sept24,
Nice to have an opportunity to use a PCC on a worthwhile game.

Makes me wonder though - Illicit Love CE DL'd much faster than this game .... slower than snailmail! Might be November before I get to play this one.

Cheers

Edited on 10/29/2012 at 2:35:19 AM PST

Sept24
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by Sept24 on Oct 29, 12 4:23 AM
I am so glad I read your comment DLO because somehow I missed Dark Arcana totally and hadn't even played the demo thinking it was nothing special or that I had played it and wasn't impressed. After reading your comment I just downloaded it and played the hour and it is definitely way to good to pass up. There goes another PCC and very happy to use it. Seems like a lot of really good games lately.

Janie42
Clownfish
Clownfish
598 Posts

[Post New]by Janie42 on Oct 29, 12 5:18 AM
Thanks for the comments, esp re dev being Artifex Mundi !
All their games are excellent IMO. Besides high-end graphics & tasking, they know how to tell a story.
Recently finished Dark Arcana: the Carnival, a real treat, with some unique challenges & puzzles, easily as good as or better than most CEs.
Off to buy Abyss now...

Edited on 10/29/2012 at 5:19:35 AM PST

[Post New]by LuvDemGames on Oct 29, 12 5:47 AM
Played 47 minutes of the demo, then off to buy. Lucky me, I had a pcc to use. Love the storyline and the great graphics.

aalaurie
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

[Post New]by aalaurie on Oct 29, 12 7:10 AM
I can't remember when so many great games were offered in a short period of time. Love it! I am off to buy with wild anticipation. Thanks BF. You really came through this month with good games and spectacular sales. Hats off to you - and a spooky Halloween to all!

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Oct 29, 12 8:03 AM
Artifex I played for 15 minutes and love it. I have a pcc also so off to buy. Beautiful graphics and intriguing story. Gotta find Robert.

Qismet
Minnow
Minnow
206 Posts

[Post New]by Qismet on Oct 29, 12 10:21 AM
Woo Hoo an Artifex Mundi game. I purchased this with the discount code to complete my punch card and THEN found out the glorious news that this was an AM game. Win Win situation. Looks like this might have been intended to be a CE at one point because there is an extra chapter at the end. Not a trick, definitely a TREAT.

gks1951
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

[Post New]by gks1951 on Oct 29, 12 2:52 PM
It looks like a good game, but there is no help to lead you in the right direction for the items you need.Such finding something to break the glass for the fire hose.I am stuck on the balcony with no place to go.Having to run to the forum then to game, back and forth again and again is not a worthy game.

Happy gaming fishes.

debraljensen
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by debraljensen on Oct 29, 12 6:48 PM
I loved this game. Buy it, you will not be disappointed. It is unique.

NiceZombie
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by NiceZombie on Oct 30, 12 1:07 PM
I have just started playing this game and can already see that it's a really good one; even the main menu is great (you can actually click those fishies and jellyfish swimming around, crabs too); the music in the first level is hauntingly beautiful, and the artwork too!

But this game really reminds me a lot of another game (not hidden-object, but a real hardcore adventure shooter game), called Bioshock. I wonder, did they get inspired by that game? That game is also about an underwater city, art-deco style, a very beautiful game. So I am really happy with this one, it is like a mini-Bioshock!

Very impressed by this one

grabbinbugs
Minnow
Minnow
225 Posts

[Post New]by grabbinbugs on Oct 30, 12 8:18 PM
Nicely done game. Good story, excellent graphics, well done voice overs...wonder why it wasn't offered as a CE? I especially liked the map setup. Granted was not a jump map...but if you follow those yellow ! it's quite easy to progress through the game. to the dev. and

read61
Salmon
Salmon
2,775 Posts

[Post New]by read61 on Nov 3, 12 5:50 PM
Just finished demo (I know I am behind but could not use computer for a couple of days) and I love it - hour flew by and ended while I was putting map together. Not too difficult so far, nice logic to things and I do not need any notes to remember where things are to do (so far). Definitely a buy and a chance to use up a PCC! I think this is better than some of the CE games that have been offered and I have actually jumped a couple of times, always a good sign...Any idea on length?

Kamille_59
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Kamille_59 on Nov 9, 12 2:41 AM
Guys, thanks everyone for the helpful comments .
Now off to buy this gem !

nevarin
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by nevarin on Nov 12, 12 2:40 AM
I’ve had quite hectic days recently and to my relief there is Abyss.
It is a good bargain since you have the features of a CE in a SE.
As usual, I’ll list what I appreciated most:

Fantastic settings
Original plot
Widescreen option
Achievements
Bonus chapter

It is obvious what to do. Buy, buy, buy!!!

sandicats5
Clownfish
Clownfish
573 Posts

[Post New]by sandicats5 on Jan 3, 13 9:18 PM
What a great game! really enjoyed it can't wait to see if theres another one like it.

read61
Salmon
Salmon
2,775 Posts

[Post New]by read61 on Feb 3, 13 3:46 PM
Had to come back in and say that I am now replaying for the second time and loving it just as much as the first time around! IMO this game outshines a lot of the CE games we have been having lately, A M have a winner here! Really hope there is a sequel (what about those rats?) but this one is great even without that. I have never that I can remember seen a SE game with a bonus chapter before, good length, good story - just plain good!!!

oscar66
Herring
Herring
307 Posts

[Post New]by oscar66 on Feb 8, 13 9:41 PM
I've had this sitting in my GM for quite some time. What a gem of a game!

Go to: