bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Post any Twilight City: Love as a Cure technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Oct 29, 12 3:10 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

letsdoit
Shark
Shark
10,483 Posts

Re:Post any Twilight City: Love as a Cure technical issues here only

[Post New]by letsdoit on Oct 29, 12 12:42 PM
Well all went well with the d/l...but after I signed in and hit 'play' my cursor decided to have a mind of its own!...Switch to 'uncustom' one but it was all over the screen...got about 20 minutes in and could not control it in anyway....not sure if a 'tech issue'...but will re download again! ...to check out as I really like this game ... its quite unique in the gameplay...very interesting!

BBL...

Lets...

Poizyn
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by Poizyn on Oct 30, 12 2:07 AM
Not sure if this is a technical issue or just me not playing the game right. I have gotten a quest that requires you to remove the peasants. I've learnt the spell and done everything asked, only problem is I cant get the peasants to leave!

Every time I try to do the nightmare spell I get told that I dont need to do it yet/anymore. I'm a little lost and frustrated, I have no idea what to do

It's like the game quests have just frozen at that point. I can't seem to move on from there.

As I said, I dont know if it's a technical issue or just me not playing the game right.

Please Help!!

Edited on 10/30/2012 at 2:09:44 AM PST

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Oct 30, 12 3:37 AM
Heya Fishies,

letsdoit - As the cursor is a visual aspect of a game it could be that some software on your computer, like Adobe Flash and Shockwave or your graphic drivers, could need a bit of updating. You can find some easy steps on how to do that here.

Poizyn - Welcome to the Pond! It sure isn't nice to be stuck like this. Maybe a quest or task is missing before you can use the spell? It often helps to revisit locations you have been to before to make sure nothing is missing!

If you try these steps and still don't get the game to work properly, our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report. You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

HatesTimers
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by HatesTimers on Oct 30, 12 6:09 PM
When I tried to run this game on my system, which has a 1920x1200 monitor, it bombed out complaining about needing 3D acceleration (which I have). It wouldn't run in either fullscreen or windowed mode. If I set my screen resolution to 1680x1050 before running the game, it ran fine in both windowed and fullscreen.

I made sure all drivers were up-to-date, but that didn't help.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Oct 31, 12 4:42 AM
Hi HatesTimers,

I'm so sorry to hear that you have had this trouble!

We really appreciate you troubleshooting before contacting us, but as that hasn't helped, please run a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report and then send that over to our Tech Support Team.

One of our Reps will be happy to take a look at this for you and provide some dedicated support!

Hoping this helps and thank you for working with us!

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by Greatgamelvr27 on Nov 2, 12 1:30 PM
I was pretty advanced in the game and got to the point where the guy at the training ground tells you to get the crystal from the altar. Then the game seems to freeze. I click on the altar and nothing happens. I try to click on the scroll that says "altar" and it goes away. Not sure what is going on. I have low manna and vigor, and when I try to recharge using a potion it does not increase them. Seems like a bug.

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Nov 2, 12 2:08 PM
Hi Greatgamelvr27,

Welcome to the Pond! If you haven't tried already, you can uninstall and reinstall the game to see if that might correct that problem. You can find more information about doing that here on our help article:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

If reinstalling the game isn't helping, please let our Customer Support Team know and they'll be happy to assist you further.

I hope that helps so you can get back to gaming!

bfgSeine

[Post New]by Silver_Sage on Nov 2, 12 9:58 PM
I froze up at the same point as Greatgamelvr27. I cast the dusk spell to get the crystal, and the game froze. Nothing I click on works. I've been playing for 3 or 4 hours, and I'm pretty far into it, so I don't really want to start over. I tried quitting the game and going back in, but it just took me to the same frozen place.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Nov 3, 12 5:23 AM
Hi Silver_Sage,

I am sorry to see that you have had this trouble!

Have you tried the advice in the following help article to see if there are any updates that you can run?

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

I would recommend trying that as even a few simple updates can make a vast improvement to how the game performs and should help avoid freezes like this.

If the issues persist after checking out that article though, or you would like some help updating, please contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page. One of our Reps will be happy to take a closer look at this with you.

Hope this helps!

bfgBaikal

Edited on 11/03/2012 at 5:24:05 AM PST

[Post New]by chwairfach on Nov 3, 12 2:15 PM
good thing looked on here.
i've played to good level and had to go to bed.
clicked close and save. did it save, no!
now i'm back to the beginning!
please help me out !?!
please fix it aswell!

Edited on 11/03/2012 at 2:19:29 PM PST

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Nov 3, 12 3:26 PM
Hi chwairfach,

I'm sorry to hear that the game isn't saving for you. Sometimes that's caused by a lack of permissions for the game to save data on your computer. Our help article here goes over some steps that might work to get your game saving if you'd like to take a look:

Game Not Saving

If that's not helping, please let our Tech Support Team know what's happening. I'm sure they can determine what's causing the game to not save so you can get back to gaming.

I hope that helps!

bfgSeine

Academic
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by Academic on Nov 4, 12 3:38 AM
Hi everyone,

Yes I managed to cast the dusk spell the first time but not get the crystal and be told I need to do other things. Once I had done more I cast the spell again but couldn't get the crystal. Like the others my mana went down. I went to try to cast a spell and this allowed me to top up my mana at the circus but now I am trying to teleport and it's asking me which place but as it's dusk won't let me go anywhere. I've followed your instructions and updated Flash playerr but still frozen. Like the other player I am 4 hous into the game so don't want to start from the begining again.. HELP!

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Nov 6, 12 3:38 AM
Hi Academic,

As you have tried the advice already offered and you are still having trouble with the game, please get in touch with our friendly Tech Support Team.

You can reach them by clicking on the green to the right of the page and then clicking the Contact Us link on the help pages.

They will be happy to provide more personalized help that we are unable provide via the Forums.

Hope this helps and best of luck!

bfgBaikal

bfRecar
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by bfRecar on Nov 8, 12 7:15 AM
You can rest at home to replenish mana and vitality

[Post New]by icerhinohello on Nov 8, 12 6:44 PM
"I was pretty advanced in the game and got to the point where the guy at the training ground tells you to get the crystal from the altar." I have problems every time once I get to this part of the game too. It should NOT be a technical issue since it's part of the game creator's / their debugging or bug finders team job to make sure there's nothing in the game that will get a player stuck and frustrated like this ....but I guess it is a technical issue since it's obviously a design flaw in the game and not my computer since I'm not the only one having to deal with this.

apparently some people have somehow been able to get past this annoying part but the rest of us in the meantime really need an updated version or a patch where this problem is fixed somehow .... ( for those that aren't having this problem - I'm so jealous of you , hahaha )

As I've suggested in both my review and elsewhere....one of the things the game developers / creators should've done from the start - provide a skip button / option for this part of the game and / or alternate solutions or better yet just have made it easier in the first place. It's utterly ridiculous that we are having to deal with this at all when the rest of the game is so easy and fun to play. I really hate the idea and I seriously doubt that uninstalling and reinstalling will fix this issue...but I may try it later / sometime. Please, can't somebody contact the makers of the game and politely insist they need to fix this part in the game by either making a patch for it or better yet making a bigger and better version with the option to skip this part of the game?

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Nov 9, 12 3:15 AM
Hi icerhinohello,

I am sorry that you have come across this issue - I think you made some great points in your post and just to let you know, I will be passing those points along for review.

If you have tried the advice already offered, please do get in touch with our friendly Tech Support. You can reach them by clicking on the green to the right of the page and then clicking the Contact Us link on the help pages.

They will be happy to provide more personalized help that we are unable provide via the Forums and also, doing so will help them to track the issue. This is always useful as we can then pass that information on to the developer and work together to provide a resolution.

Again, thank you for working with us, your co-operation is very much so appreciated,

bfgBaikal

Edited on 11/09/2012 at 3:18:41 AM PST

[Post New]by crystalnfslayer on Nov 18, 12 10:19 PM
Hi, I'm stuck at trying to solve the freezing lake problem. I already did the freeze spell as requested - actually, I did all the courses in the whole game, and it still won't let me access the freeze spell. I even tried drawing it and it won't let me do it. I am using a PC. Help!!

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Nov 20, 12 2:16 PM
Hi crystalnfslayer and welcome to the Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with this part of the game!

First, it might help to uninstall and reinstall, which we go over in our help article here.

If that doesn't get things straightened out so you can progress past the freezing lake, please get in touch with our Tech Support Team. They have the tools to really delve into the issue and can work with you directly on some more specific troubleshooting steps.

You can contact them by clicking here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

[Post New]by mfwalden004 on Dec 10, 12 7:58 PM
The remove peasants quest is bugged. When casting the spell it tells you that you do not need to do that right now. The quest says I need to learn the spell nightmares. I have done that. then it says cast it...and it wont accept the action.

Go to: