bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Reviews for Twilight City: Love as a Cure

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Oct 29, 12 3:12 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Twilight City: Love as a Cure? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Twilight City: Love as a Cure page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgBiwa

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Re:Reviews for Twilight City: Love as a Cure

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Oct 29, 12 3:12 AM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable to the review thread.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game, what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. This can only help us in continuing to provide better games, which is what we all want!

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgBiwa

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Oct 29, 12 3:48 AM
This is an unusual and fun game from [Removed by Moderator], a dev I am not familiar with, so I can't say if they are new or not. But in either case, I'll certainly be on the lookout for more games from these devs.

It's a little difficult to categorize this game because there is so much to do and so much going on. At the beginning, I thought it was an RPG (which I like a lot), but then I thought it was a strategy game with rpg elements, then I found myself in a creepy, but gorgeous HOS!! So it's all of these things, and more.

It begins with a sharp-looking cinematic (after you choose your gender) that explains your plight, then takes you to a spooky and beautifully presented city where you will begin your quests and tasks. And, it's in WIDESCREEN, as all technically informed developers are doing now. Then you begin a series of tasks that are like strategy games, but not really because you'll have to deal with the excellently done HOS to accomplish the chores laid out. Now that's clear as mud, huh? My point is that you'll simply have to try this one for yourself----and take the full hour to give yourself a fair chance to see what all is going on. I did, and I'm very impressed. The game is unusual, it's innovative, and it has a relatively easy learning curve.

The graphics and art work are stunningly beautiful, the story is well-told, and the game is great fun to play. If you give this one a sincere try, I think you'll be pleased----I know I am, and it's a buy for me!!!!

Edited on 10/29/2012 at 6:00:02 AM PST

gmac1007
Clownfish
Clownfish
569 Posts

[Post New]by gmac1007 on Oct 29, 12 8:26 AM
Hello everybody I always wondered why I could never go outside during the day and play with the other kids, why couldn't I go to school in the daytime, why did all my friends only come over at night, why couldn't I have a pretty canopy bed like my neighbors daughter mine looked like a coffin and why did my house have to stay so dark during the day when the sun was out and shining well it didn't take me long to get those answers but it came with so much pain. I decided to sneak out of the house one morning and I hadn't got off the porch when it happened my skin turned black as ash and it burnt so bad I started screaming when my mother found me she threw a blanket over me and brought me back in the house. She took one look at my arm and said what have you done what happened to you and I said mommy I just wanted to play outside like the other kids do and that's when she told me that I wasn't like other kids I was a special kid with special needs and I said what do you mean special mommy and she said you can never walk in the sunlight, you can never love a mortal human and I said but I'm a mortal human mommy why can't I do these things why did the sun burn me so bad and that's when she looked me in the eye's and said no your not mortal you will never grow old you can never die your not mortal, Shadow your a vampire. If you don't believe vampires can have real feelings play this game it's bloody delicious and wicked fun.

Very cool game here I don't know how to describe it except it's a little bit of everything wrapped so well together to make it a great game. You have quest to do, you have to have a job, there are hidden object scenes, you name it and this game has got it. This is a game you play at your own pace I didn't see a clock for a timer nor was one mentioned unless I missed it but you build yourself up by doing tasks and getting better jobs and proper rest because you know even a vampire needs rest.

Gorgeous graphics, you get to design your character male or female, the music is cool very fitting for the vampire setting. I honestly didn't think I would like the game but decided to try it since I love vampires and it took about five minutes and I was totally sucked into the story and the game play. Everything about this game is very unique and it didn't take me long to hit the cha-ching button. Give the demo a try this is a winner and great for Halloween.Thank you dev's and Big Fish for a hottie vampire game. Have fun everybody.

Edited on 10/29/2012 at 10:20:01 AM PST

Eoarod
Flounder
Flounder
2,391 Posts

[Post New]by Eoarod on Oct 29, 12 9:28 AM
Lovely job (as always) gmac!

With two great games today and an empty punch card sooo close to the end of the month...what to do? Both games are nifty - but it's this one that says to me "Play me now"! Partly because it's so very Halloweeny...but largely because it's so darn unique! As cbtx & gmac have said - it's rather hard to even describe!

I will say if you haven't played RPG games before this might not pull you in quite as quickly...there's a lot to learn and do and choices to make every time you turn around...it can be a bit overwhelming; but hang in it's a fun ride.

Lovely graphics & as RPGs go you get a lot of customization for very few MB! Likely I'll start over after I buy as I'm already "sure I can play it better" such is the lure of an RPG.

You can tell where my focus is - but that's part of the fun of this mixed bag of tricks...you can focus on playing to your personal prefs...RPG not your thing? Do the basics to meet the RPG goals and seek out the adventure & H0 portions...

I think you get the idea - this one is well worth trying for yourself!!

Happy Gaming!

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Oct 29, 12 11:55 AM
For those who don't like any movement at all there is a very slight sideways movement to the screen when inside some of the buildings.

Contains Spoiler Alerts

This game does fit my wide monitor with only a small stretch . The graphics are good and spooky but just a little bit on the dark side for me personally but having said that I did manage to find all the hidden objects with careful looking.

I must admit that initially I thought this game was going to be a bit boring as, for example, to work you just go to the building and click on the word work and all you see is a static picture of the interior and your vigor and mana (henceforth called v&m) bottles decreasing in the bottom left hand corner so that part isn't very entertaining but even so I ended up suddenly finding I had used all of the demo time up so it obviously has something going for it.

Each building has a function tavern, laboratory, circus, college, store etc, etc and you travel from one to another depending on whether you are earning money, learning, eating etc.

Talking about eating I like that you have a choice of food to eat depending upon how much you want to spend and how much v&m you need to replace and that you are not just expected to drink blood (although that is on the menu too ).

The v&m is also helped to refill while you are resting by items that you have furnished your room with and also by visiting places like the circus. To me what this game lacks to make it a bit more visually interesting is a little animation in some of the buildings such as the circus and according to what option you have chosen to watch. It would only have needed to be a couple of seconds but I think it would have made a big difference.

It's a strange little game that will not appeal to everyone because it is so different but, like the posters above me, I have purchased it as I like unique games .

Cherb

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Oct 29, 12 1:43 PM

If you enjoyed Magic Life by the same devs you will probably enjoy this game that has similar game mechanics.

I loved Magic Life and I love this game as well.

You will see many of the same ideas in that you have to go to City Hall for job vacancies, you have to go to the Academy to learn new things in order to qualify for better paying jobs and you have to keep your vitality and mana up as well.

In addition, you have tasks and quests to perform and there are HOS to sift thru. There are things to buy that help you and also prepare you for Academy classes.

Lots of fun!!

[Post New]by Blooming_Lilac on Oct 29, 12 3:44 PM
I like it! It's fun, hauntingly beautiful, and occasionally humorous. I didn't like Life Quest enough to buy it, but I bought this one. As was mentioned, the story takes place in a Gothic setting.

You can play as a male or female and choose your avatar/clothes/hair. During the game, you can buy clothes, which I am enjoying. I only wish the list were longer as I love fashion.

I've played for about 2 hours. During that time, I've only played 2 H0S which is okay with me, but may put others off. This is not a TM game, per se, but you have to manage your health (mana and vigor) between tasks. I like doing the missions. When you complete a mission, you're given a choice of coins, mana, or a vigor increase.

Music is appropriate to the setting and I haven't turned it off. Nice ambiance and music. Graphics are really nice, dark, and eerie.

You get to buy a pet and upgrade your transportation. I'm on the second upgrade. You start out riding a horse through town.

I just bought new furniture. There are options to work and/or buy potions to replenish health. You have to study at the academy before you can learn certain spells and complete some tasks.

The game is in widescreen. I had black bars at the top and bottom of the screen, but they're gone now that I changed my screen resolution.

Game keeps up with your playing time. You can view character abilities/statistics. Nice, unique game-play. Love the theme for Halloween. Thanks for this game!

lym_1609
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
431 Posts

[Post New]by lym_1609 on Oct 30, 12 3:28 AM
I did not quite like this sort of strategy game, whereby u are make to "work". It had a few surprising elements, with spells to buy, learn, work to do to earn money for entertainment, food etc.

Great graphics!!!! Live like characters and movement of characters. Slightly funny dialog and tasks

NiceZombie
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by NiceZombie on Nov 9, 12 2:09 AM
What a great game! I really had fun with this one; LOVED the gothic atmosphere, music (and one particular hauntingly beautiful song) and the artwork, all the little details. Just finished the story, and after that you can play further to maximize everything; I loved decorating my room with the most expensive things, clothing, and the various pets and ghosts were very cool to see. The characters are all quite handsome I chose a male person. Now I'm gonna maximize all my skills to the max, just for fun!

Delta77
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

[Post New]by Delta77 on Nov 9, 12 10:12 PM
I don't usually write reviews for many reasons but I just completed the demo on this unique game. It is part RPG, strategy, HOG, and probably some other type games but I did not get to those yet. Any rate, I knew I had been playing awhile and enjoying the demo but when the game threw me out because my demo time expired, this is a game I want to buy. It is not a particularly hard game to learn how to play and the game guides you in terms of your next moves. For example, at the beginning you have to choose a job... but you have a choice and so far that seems to how most of the game is set up. I suspect a game of this type will be a good value for the money timewise. Try this game, you may find yourself enjoying it!

Minxiepieces
Guppy
Guppy
161 Posts

[Post New]by Minxiepieces on Nov 25, 12 6:25 AM
As other reviews have noted, this game is quite unique. You make many choices which impact the play. Loved the graphics and the music, not to mention the humor. Here's hoping for a sequel or another new game from this dev!

lil_chickadee
Minnow
Minnow
248 Posts

[Post New]by lil_chickadee on Nov 29, 12 7:37 PM
I think this game belongs more in the "life simulation" category, like "Life Quest" and "My Life Story". You work to get money (using up time and energy along the way) and have a bunch of challenges (quests) to complete. You go to school (job training or magic school), buy items or take classes that get you more of your energy back as you rest at home, and even have a choice of steeds to ride.
I don't really think this is even close to an RPG (my definition of RPG being old-school Final Fantasy or something like Aveyond or Skyborn), and though it has some small and simple HOG scenes, they seem few and far between. So if you're interested in "Life Quest" with an occult/magic theme take a peek. You just might like this more than you think you would.

BHQld
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by BHQld on Dec 23, 12 12:38 AM
Great game, it's like the grownup vampire version of Cute Knight

Definitely pleased

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Feb 14, 13 11:05 AM
Started the demo and could not figure this game out at all....nothing seemed to work and I could not really understand what on earth I was suppose to do or how to get started doing it. I've never encountered a game like this before. I'll leave this to those who know better what to do in a game like this.

demon13
Minnow
Minnow
213 Posts

[Post New]by demon13 on Mar 17, 13 11:16 PM
I NOTICED PEOPLE SAYING RPG. OKAY,I HAVE NO CLUE WHAT THAT IS.ANY INFO?THANK YOU,

papillonma
Minnow
Minnow
240 Posts

[Post New]by papillonma on Apr 13, 13 1:32 AM
rpg stands for role playing game

Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

[Post New]by Yaelle on Jun 21, 13 3:46 AM
Love this game!!! I have played for 50 minutes so far & I am so impressed.
With everything - all of the variety of elements put into one game, the graphics, the music, the story & characters.

And even with the occasional HOG, its not like one of those games that there are so many of, where its evident that they just threw together a bunch of hog scenes & called it a game.

Wow.... I hope there are more like this.

I saw where somebody said it was hard to figure out - I just wanted to add in case somebody reads the reviews & is turned off by that - I have brain damage and I was able to figure it out. My damage doesnt affect executive functions like my writing so sometimes people are surprised to hear that & kind of doubtful, but trust me.
So I figure if I can get the hang of it, anybody can.

BUCKWHEAT1
Flounder
Flounder
2,106 Posts

[Post New]by BUCKWHEAT1 on Aug 11, 13 8:08 PM
I bought this game and I am like the others, it is not a good game.

shagwendy
Stingray
Stingray
4,926 Posts

[Post New]by shagwendy on Nov 6, 13 6:22 AM
This is the worst game I ever played, and I've played hundreds, if not thousands. It looks neat, but there is no gameplay involved. You hit 'work' until you run out of energy, then you hit 'rest', then you hit 'work' some more, then maybe you hit 'learn spell', then 'rest', then 'work' some more, then 'rest', then 'learn', then 'work', then 'rest'.... are you getting the idea yet? You never do anything, there is no game to play. All the energy you need is right there for the taking, all the money you need is right there for the taking, all the spells are right there for the learning, and you don't even really use the spells, you're not fighting anything, you're just hitting the work, rest, and learn buttons and eventually it tells you you've won the game. Save your money on this one, and if you have a PCC about to expire, just send it to me, instead!

Go to: