bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Undiscovered World: The Incan Sun - Released on February 13, 2009

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Feb 12, 09 11:00 PM
Stranded on an uncharted island, a haunting family mystery that stretches back decades begins to unravel before you. In order to find a way off this rock, you must join the quest to prove the legend of the Incan Sun. Venture deep into the dense jungle, piece together hidden artifacts and solve challenging mini-games to uncover the truth behind this ancient mystery.

seawitch98
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

Re:Undiscovered World: The Incan Sun - Released on February 13, 2009

[Post New]by seawitch98 on Feb 13, 09 8:27 AM
I played the trial too, but wonder how long the game is, I keep buying games that are too short and when you play 2nd time its too easy. Can anyone tell me if this is worth the credit. Thanks

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Feb 13, 09 8:35 AM
There appear to be 8 chapters. I'm on chapter 3, and I'm getting faster when I get the scenes that I've seen before, but some of the scenes are new. After you finish the game you unlock the two bonus modes. The unlimited seek and find mode gives you the chance to collect ALL 60 or whatever items in a scene, and some people really enjoy that kind of thing, repeating it to try to beat their scores. The minigame mode is likely to be super boring because it's just the same jigsaws.

danny_kiddo
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by danny_kiddo on Feb 13, 09 12:28 PM
I guess it has a good replay value, and the graphics are very sharp and clear, however the mismatch of objects-names, the silly objects in some places (why a bowling pin everywhere?? what does that have to do with Incas or research at all? why do I need to find a bowling ball in a plane crash?) and on the whole, the fact that I did study the Inca culture back in High School and know that the only Inca thing about this game is the name, annoys me.

if you want a decent game of Incas play Lost Realms: Legacy of the sun princess, or if you want a decent game of other american cultures like aztecs of mayas, play Coyote's tale or even Nightshift Legacy: eye of the jaguar, this one is terribly boring and plain silly.

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Feb 13, 09 1:14 PM
The grand piano floating in the water was the epitome of silliness. I splurged on a token thinking that the locked minigames mode would have minigames that aren't just the jigsaws. Oh well, it was worth risking.

cocamp
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by cocamp on Feb 15, 09 7:49 PM
It also locked up on me after I started the 2nd round. Every screen would freeze and I'd have to back out and go back. Not worth the trouble. Way too easy.

lwoodard
Herring
Herring
358 Posts

[Post New]by lwoodard on Feb 25, 09 5:15 PM
I liked this game . I would buy it but it is to short.I still give it 4 stars..

[Post New]by kmsteeley on Mar 2, 09 10:00 AM
I really did not like this game. It was WAY too easy and the "mini games" at the end? You have to beat the game to unlock these but they're just the games you've already played at the end of each chapter! Total disappointment and a waste of money.

Murray4
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by Murray4 on Mar 31, 09 12:24 PM
I am late coming to this game, but after the 3rd of 4th chapter, the curser began to shake and wobble and I had a great deal of trouble controling it! The game also slowed down and things would hardly move. The puzzles were almost impossible to do because the curser wouldn't move the pieces! Disappointed.

Go to: