Anyone else having trouble getting the crystal off the altar?

[Post New]by MBailey2611 on Oct 29, 12 3:29 PM
I've made it almost to the end, but cant seem to get to the altar to get the crystal. I cant seem to go anywhere else either; it just hovers in mid path. Also, when I try to increase mana or vigor...it drains out within 20 seconds or so. Anyone know what I am doing wrong? Thanks for any reply :-)

Anukis36
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

Re:Anyone else having trouble getting the crystal off the altar?

[Post New]by Anukis36 on Oct 29, 12 8:12 PM
Can only say I have the same problem, did you already have a flying mount before it was recommended too? I thought maybe that caused it? I don't mind playing the game again too much, I really enjoyed it but...

sherrilafkas
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by sherrilafkas on Oct 30, 12 11:36 AM
I believe you just have to keep trying to pick it up. when i finally ran out of vigor and the other blue stuff i got the crystal.

paula3522
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

[Post New]by paula3522 on Oct 30, 12 2:12 PM
Been there did that .......... twice lol. So now I am stuck again.. I have had 5 vigor for awhile now........

paula3522
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

[Post New]by paula3522 on Oct 30, 12 2:31 PM
Ok I figured it out now. You have to have the flying mount. I took a job a necromancer and got over 7800 for the highest flyer. Then when it was time to cast a spell I also got close to where the alter was by going to the learning academy BEFORE I cast the spell. I was closer and had the crystal in no time. Hope this helps all

bfRecar
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by bfRecar on Nov 8, 12 7:16 AM
You can rest at home to restore mana and vitality

aredelk
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by aredelk on Nov 8, 12 2:40 PM
as soon as i was told i was nearing the end i spent time buying everything and upgrading everything. now i cant move and i even tried casting spells and the only two options were anothers eyes and teleport. since i could not do anything i tried both spells and not only did neither work but teleport will not leave the screen because i can't go anywhere.

[Post New]by icerhinohello on Nov 8, 12 6:31 PM
bfRecar wrote:You can rest at home to restore mana and vitality
yeah but not if you're near the very end of the game ( at the part with the stupid "get the crystal off the altar" puzzle )

At least, it doesn't work that way for me and others when we get to that part of the game.

I'm having the same problems as aredelk , every time I get to that / this part of the game I'm stuck!

it makes me so mad ...the people who made the game should've put something in there - either alternative solutions or a skip option - or done something differently so that part isn't so ridiculously hard and what's with the fact that if you cast a spell you're stuck unless you cast "another's eyes" spell?!

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

Re: Anyone else having trouble getting the crystal off the altar?

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Nov 8, 12 7:35 PM
I don't understand the complaints, but maybe I can help just a little.

When I tried, as instructed, to get the crystal off the altar near the end I was told I needed to get more Agility and use a faster steed--or something like that. In any case, the instructions were entirely clear for me, and explicit.

And when I fulfilled them, the goal was easily reached.

I can't believe that everybody else here is simply clicking thru w/o reading the dialog, in order to get on w/ the game! Of course that's always a fatal mistake in these circumstances. However, I've repeatedly met people doing it in the Westward games, so I feel obliged to bring up the possibility here.

Edited on 09/06/2013 at 7:33:26 PM PST

Gilead
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by Gilead on Nov 9, 12 8:11 PM
Same problem as everyone else.
The instrucstions were clear, cast dusk spell, get crystal.

I cast dusk spell, and click on crystal, nothing happens, since there was 2 other spells up, and usually there up if you need them, normal some might think there needed to grab crystal, wrong, the teleport spell just stays there.

Least they could have done is make it possible to cancel the spell, so were not just stuck there.

Had the fastest steed, and if agitly was needed, well pooh, 3 hours of playtime and got to start over, good thing its a fun game.

autumn_leaf
Shark
Shark
12,267 Posts

[Post New]by autumn_leaf on Jan 31, 13 9:52 AM
I had the fastest winged animal, and the energy all maxed out and everything and still got stuck, it's a glitch.

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

Re: Anyone else having trouble getting the crystal off the altar?

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Sep 6, 13 7:34 PM
By "Agility" I (and the game) mean the trainable Agility stat of your character, NOT your ability to click like a madman or the like.

FeyKina
Minnow
Minnow
222 Posts

[Post New]by FeyKina on Dec 21, 13 1:55 AM
same thing here, had all the requirements , but I am just stuck in dusk spell. permanently. I'm callin a glitch. what shame, good game.

Go to: