bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Post any Tower of Elements technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Oct 30, 12 12:48 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Edited on 12/13/2012 at 4:01:36 PM PST

Re:Post any Tower of Elements technical issues here only

[Post New]by biggerstfish on Nov 4, 12 6:56 AM
Frogdice wrote:
biggerstfish wrote:Hi,

I have big Problems with the Mouse on the mac with Montain Lion. The cursor disapears often, most when I try to collect money on the battlefiled or when I lost a level, the Tower is on fire an I have to go to the shop. Than I cannt see my mouse and have to quit the game to move on. Annyone with same troubles who can help?

This is a very obscure bug that is affecting some Mac users. We are working on a fix and will have a patch for you very soon. It mostly happens in the tutorial when you have a spell or gear cursor switch and then click on gold with that cursor.

After the tutorial the problem should go away completely.

Try hitting ESCAPE to switch your cursor back to the normal one. That might work for you until we get the fix in place to completely resolve the issue.

Sorry for this annoyance. We will get a patch out ASAP to fix it for you.

Thx Frogdice for your answer! I also have problems with some weak Monster, especialy if they are behind a barrier or unter the wall. They dont disapear even if I hit them 15 minutes! I use to quit the game and start again, than it works. I have the newest Imac with Mountain Lion. If this is helfpful for you.

'll be glad for a patch, because the game is very fine and refreshing, other than the usual match 3 or hit games. I like the mix of genres. Now I'm on the level 79 and want to play again when I finished :-)

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Nov 15, 12 11:53 AM

I have a PC and had a "floaty" cursor problem when trying to use a spell or the other weapon against the encroaching enemy while in the demo tutorial.

I had to control-alt-delete out of the demo game because the floaty cursor would not turn red on the target while using the gust spell yet I could not go on in the game (in the tutorial) without vanquishing the enemy rat with the gust spell.

Obviously, I didn't buy the game - even though I would have snatched it up quickly if it had functioned well for me.

[Post New]by LadyJo007a on Nov 15, 12 11:58 AM
I have a pc and have a problem on level 12. I can't seem to complete this level. It continues and never goes any further. I don't get any more enemies and it doesn't end. I can continue to accumulate more gold and experience, but the level doesn't seem to come to an end.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Nov 15, 12 12:00 PM
Hi jkuci,

Changing the cursor option to not be "Custom Cursor" can sometimes help with that kind of issue. You should be able to make that adjustment in the Options tab from the games Main Menu.

Our Tech Support Team would also be happy to take a look at things and see if there is any other troubleshooting that could get things straightened out so you're able to play the game. You can contact them by clicking here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Nov 15, 12 12:04 PM
LadyJo007a wrote:I have a pc and have a problem on level 12. I can't seem to complete this level. It continues and never goes any further. I don't get any more enemies and it doesn't end. I can continue to accumulate more gold and experience, but the level doesn't seem to come to an end.

Hi LadyJo007a,

That is definitely an unusual problem!

If you haven't already done so, please get in touch with our Tech Support Team. They have the tools to delve into the issue and see what may be causing it.

You can contact them by clicking here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Thank you!

bfgMonongahela

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Nov 15, 12 12:50 PM

bfgMonongahela wrote:Hi jkuci,

Changing the cursor option to not be "Custom Cursor" can sometimes help with that kind of issue. You should be able to make that adjustment in the Options tab from the games Main Menu.

Hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

Thanks, Monongahela, but there is no system cursor option in the Option Menu.
I tried the game again and found it would play pretty well only in windowed-mode.
Again, no buy for windowed-mode.

Addendum: I need to clarify that my original problem was due to me not paying attention to how the "gust" spell is initiated (5 matches = removal of one rune from the Tower) but my main problem was the "floaty" cursor that was only fixed by playing in windowed-mode.
I totally LOVE the game otherwise. I hope the devs can fix this....

Edited on 11/15/2012 at 4:26:44 PM PST

Katibrie
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by Katibrie on Nov 15, 12 5:16 PM
So glad this is out on the pc!

(oops. posted this in the wrong thread. please delete)

Edited on 11/15/2012 at 5:17:33 PM PST

Frogdice
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by Frogdice on Nov 15, 12 5:17 PM
jkuci and LadyJo007a:

I'm [Removed by Moderator] the developer of Tower of Elements (Frogdice).

After you go through the tech support process here, if there is something they cannot figure out or fix, I can tell you that we will definitely work on it and get it patched and fixed.

If it means we need to add an option to complete disable the cursor changing to a targeting reticle, we will do that.

The vast majority of the time the game uses the default windows system cursor. Hopefully the Big Fish team can figure out the floating cursor issue and remedy it.

Thanks for playing!

Edited on 11/16/2012 at 3:08:19 AM PST

[Post New]by trinity37373 on Nov 15, 12 5:39 PM
LadyJo007a wrote:I have a pc and have a problem on level 12. I can't seem to complete this level. It continues and never goes any further. I don't get any more enemies and it doesn't end. I can continue to accumulate more gold and experience, but the level doesn't seem to come to an end.

I am having the same issue just wanted to let you know your not the only one.

Garbonzo
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by Garbonzo on Nov 15, 12 7:57 PM
trinity37373 wrote:

I am having the same issue just wanted to let you know your not the only one.

That is very strange. I've beaten the game on two difficulties (so that's 180+ total levels) and never had that problem.

Did you know you can reset the level by going back to main menu and then clicking PLAY?

You don't even lose all your progress. It only sets you back to the beginning of your current wave. That's usually no more than a minute or so you have to redo.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Nov 16, 12 3:06 AM
Hi Fishies,

Just swimming in thank those who have contacted us already for doing so, and to encourage those who are still having trouble to follow suit and reach out to Tech Support so we can work with this with you.

As Frogdice advise, working with our Team is the best way for us to gather information to help us get to the bottom of this.

Finally, just to mention that when contacting us, it would be most helpful if you could run and include a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report, as this will help us isolate the issue.

Thank you all for you help - it is much appreciated,

bfgBaikal

heidsterr
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by heidsterr on Nov 17, 12 6:07 AM
This is weird, because I haven't had any issues with any new games in a long, long time. And I've never had an issue that seems unique.

I can't launch this game at all. I click "play" and game manager quits; screen goes black and then I get a message saying TowerofElements.exe has stopped working.

This seems like a great game. Wish I could play it.

Windows 7 Enterprise; 8gb RAM; 2.6GHz Intel i5;

Problem Details:
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: TowerofElements.exe
Application Version: 3.5.5.44554
Application Timestamp: 501914f8
Fault Module Name: TowerofElements.exe
Fault Module Version: 3.5.5.44554
Fault Module Timestamp: 501914f8
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 0002d32b
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.4
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 8e42
Additional Information 2: 8e42a1d0e394af483354014af797b9c7
Additional Information 3: 14a2
Additional Information 4: 14a2e4632c5158f33f9dc6fe536a820b

Cards13
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

Matching 6 runes makes a Treasure Chest

[Post New]by Cards13 on Nov 17, 12 9:20 AM
TWICE while playing the demo - and guess in a tutorial - I matched 6 runes in a row and a screen came up saying "Matching 6 of the same rune in a row makes a TREASURE CHEST spawn on the board. Click the coin for sme extra gold! (Click the CHEST on the board to Continue) "

However, the CHEST that I need to click on to proceed is BEHIND the tutorial's screen comment -- and I am unable to move the comment to get to the CHEST. Therefore, the game has stopped at this point.

The first time I exited the game and started this level over. Until I (unfortunately) made another match of 6 at which point I wrote this note.

I can not "click on the Chest on the board to continue" because I can move move or close the comment that is over (or is hiding) the chest I need to click on.

I could try a third time to get around this thing, but I only have a few mintues left of the demo and do not want to spend the minutes figuring out how to avoid this Catch 22.

Thank you for your help

I have a screen print in word of the problem but do not know how to attach it.

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Nov 17, 12 11:38 AM
Hey Fishies,

Just swimming in to provide a little bit of advice!

heidsterr: It's definitely weird that the game doesn't launch, the screen goes black, and that message shows up. It sounds like the game may actually be crashing. I would definitely take a look at the Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
help article for some specific steps to try.

Cards13: Helpful to know that the needed chest is hidden behind the message, and that restarting the game didn't help. We're a little limited here on troubleshooting steps to try, but please write into our Tech Support with those details and screenshot attached. They have the tools to really dive into how to get the game running correctly and can work with you directly on resolving those issues.

If either of you would like to reach out to our Tech Support, please click on the green to the right of the page and then select the Contact Us link to the right.

Hope this helps!

bfgIzara

Edited on 11/17/2012 at 11:38:35 AM PST

Frogdice
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by Frogdice on Nov 17, 12 9:08 PM
Cards: The chest you need to click is on the rune board/tower..

That message is not referring to the occasional big chest of gold you can find on the battlefield.

The message for the match 6 will NEVER cover the rune board/tower. That is where you find the chest for the match 6 that you earned.

Edited on 11/17/2012 at 9:08:34 PM PST

Cards13
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by Cards13 on Nov 18, 12 6:46 AM
First off I wish to thank you bfglzara & Frogdice for the impressively quick replys to my inquire, but I have now been able to demonstrate this problem 3 times. The last time this morning after reading your replies.

When you make the match of six there is a "gold coin" on the rune board/tower, but clicking it does not remove the message. I never saw a chest on the rune board/tower, and I was never able to get past this message. In all 3 cases, this messages is a show stoppper.

Thank you for your efforts but if I want to play a game like this, I will return to Puzzle Quest 1 or Puzzle Quest 2 - both of which I already own.

I sincerely appreciate your time in answering me, but I can not get that message off the screen and that "ends this demonstration" for me.

Frogdice
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by Frogdice on Nov 18, 12 11:51 AM
Cards13 wrote:
When you make the match of six there is a "gold coin" on the rune board/tower, but clicking it does not remove the message. I never saw a chest on the rune board/tower, and I was never able to get past this message. In all 3 cases, this messages is a show stoppper.

The gold coin is from a match 4.

The chest is for a match 6, and I promise you there is a chest somewhere on your rune board.

It looks like this:

[Removed by Moderator]

Let me ask you this: If we added a button to the dialog box to cancel, or if we just made any click remove the dialog box, would you consider that an improvement?

The reason we stop the game on big combos is to try and teach people how cool it is that they got a big combo.

We would definitely be willing to add something to the game to clear that message off that is easier than finding the right box to click on the tower.

ALSO: We already have plans to highlight the place to click a little better. We've been planning to make that rune get bigger, or kindof extend towards the player, and maybe even have a colorful highlight. Would that help?

At Frogdice, we take the happiness of our customers EXTREMELY seriously. That's why I am so actively watching this forum and taking in your feedback.

We have run online RPGs for almost 20 years, so we are used to a process of constant development and updates.

I can assure you that we will keep listening to feedback and make additions and improvements to the game wherever possible.

Edited on 11/20/2012 at 10:13:11 AM PST

arthurC
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
424 Posts

Re:Post any Tower of Elements tecnlyhnical issues here o

[Post New]by arthurC on Nov 19, 12 11:30 AM
Level 40 is a nightmare!

I'm getting the red 'Your Kingdom is Burning' after about a minute, even if there's no enemy at the wall.

The other thing is a general question .. making matches is difficult because the tiles seem 'sticky', they won't 'fall' properly. Speed is of the essence in this game, especially as the game advances so it's holding me back.

Is anyone else having this problem and is there a way of fixing it does anyone know?
Jo

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Nov 20, 12 10:23 AM
Hey there arthurC,

Sorry to hear about those issues in Level 40 and that the tiles seem sticky. I'd first try and uninstall and reinstall the game. Then feel free to try out some tips from the Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
as those may help with the sticky tile issue.

If the game still isn't working correctly please contact Tech Support so they can help with some other troubleshooting steps.

Hope this helps!

bfgIzara

Go to: