bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Reviews for Tower of Elements

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Oct 30, 12 12:51 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Tower of Elements? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Tower of Elements page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgBiwa

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Re:Reviews for Tower of Elements

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Oct 30, 12 12:51 AM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable to the review thread.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game, what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. This can only help us in continuing to provide better games, which is what we all want!

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgBiwa

Katibrie
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by Katibrie on Oct 30, 12 8:31 AM
Fun Factor: 5/5
Visual/Sound Quality : 4/5
Level of Challenge: 3/5
Storyline: 4/5

I am a match 3 fanatic and can't get enough. I have played so many of them that I really want a little more from my match 3 games nowadays.

This game really delivers that!

Destroying piles of monsters while matching the beautiful runes is really a lot of fun. I can't wait to see some of the higher level spells and gear. The stuff I have seen so far really adds a lot of layers to the gameplay.

This game reminds me of one of my all time favorite games Plants vs. Zombies. PvZ had more game modes which is what keeps me playing years later. Tower of Elements does have a fun collection element that I am already addicted to.

You collect scrolls from the monster you kill and that adds them to a book. Once they are in your book, you can zoom in on the monsters, move them around, play with their animations. It makes me giggle. I've already spent a couple hours just playing around with them.

I am also enjoying the story even though it seems like that is a minor part of the game. I am looking forward to seeing how that wraps up.

Overall this is a great game and I highly recommend it.

[Post New]by Deiket on Oct 30, 12 8:33 AM
Fun Factor 5/5

Visual/Sound Quality 4/5

Level of Challenge 5/5

Storyline 5/5

I'll start by saying that I don't usually play tower defense games, but I decided to give this game a try. This game has a combination of tower defense, match 3, AND RPG elements, so there's really something there to attract everyone.

The tutorial is very helpful for learning the basics and I find that the game gets more and more challenging as you continue to play. It definitely kept my interest. I also liked the ability to train and use different spells to defend your tower. With so many levels, I'm sure this game will keep me busy for a while!

[Post New]by Chiblet on Oct 31, 12 10:19 AM
5 out of 5 stars!

I saw a review here that said it reminded of Plants vs. Zombies. That got my interest. So I downloaded the game and within a few minutes I totally saw what they meant.

Tower of Elements is definitely a more serious and dramatic game than Plants vs. Zombies, but it still has some obvious humor and whimsy. The collectible cards of the bestiary are a great example of that.

The match 3 part of the game is solid. The mechanics are smooth. There are nice extra benefits from making bigger matches as well like gems, treasure, and I even got a massive bomb that blew up the whole screen. That was a big welcome surprise!

The tower defense part is pretty minor. Maybe some of the higher level gear will make the tower defense part more significant. The attack dummy was the first thing that really had a bearing on that type of gameplay.

The story is a nice addition that doesn't feel tacked on. As the story progresses the different types of enemes you face make sense.

As soon as I finish this up I am going to buy the game. I guess that means I highly recommend it.

Garbonzo
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by Garbonzo on Oct 31, 12 11:00 PM
OVERALL: 5/5

Fun Factor: 5/5
Visual/Sound Quality: 5/5
Level of Challenge: 5/5
Storyline: 4/5

I'm not much of a match 3 player so I was worried I wouldn't like this game. It was the tower defense part that attracted me.

Turns out I like match 3 more than I thought! Maybe the ones I played before just didn't have enough of a purpose to engage me.

Desperately making matches to keep the enemies off my gate was exciting, intense, and just tons of fun. I can't get enough of this game.

I am looking forward to my match 3 skill improving enough to challenge myself with the normal and hard difficulties. Then I can get better scroll drops for filling my bestiary.

This is a very well made game with an enormous attention to detail.

Solid graphics. Really fascinating sound. But the gameplay is what really shines.

Highly Recommended!

[Post New]by RedlightSparks on Nov 7, 12 5:55 PM
OVERALL: 5/5
Fun Factor: 5
Visual/Sound Quality: 5
Level of Challenge: 5
Storyline: 5

Having never really played many match 3 titles, I found Tower of Elements to be highly entertaining and an enjoyable challenge.
I was particularly impressed with the sound and graphics, and look forward to any future releases by the games creators.

I recommend this game!

lym_1609
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
431 Posts

[Post New]by lym_1609 on Nov 15, 12 9:05 PM
The graphics is ok, but its definitely very difficult to get coins. I was halfway to the 1 hr trial when my sister noticed that there were coins on the background outside of the board!!! I mean I was concentrating in sending in waves of attack not looking for coins and only clicking coins on the board. It would have been more fun to have an auto mode whereby a defeated enemy's coins are kept without having to watch for coins, match at least 4 or 3 or better than click coins on board, click coins on background. And just how dexterous can a person be, with finger on mouse to match, click coins on board, and eyes to watch coins in background, and move mouse to click those coins etc

Some items are not possible to get until whatever level, once was until 40+ levels??? WOW! Either u get major RSI of your wrist or RSI of your eyes or have already tore out all your hair trying to keep up with the matching, clicking etc

What a bummer! No Buy for me

Garbonzo
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by Garbonzo on Nov 15, 12 9:28 PM

Edited on 11/16/2012 at 2:39:57 AM PST

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Jan 4, 13 11:23 AM
This game was suggested to me via another player through My Messages. Although this game looks really exciting, I had a little trouble keeping up with it even on the Easy leavel! I'm not into these really fastpaced match three games with so many bells and whistles! However, I can see this would be a terrific game for those who are looking for a really cool match three game with some depth and action.

Go to: