lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

Now available on iOS

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Oct 30, 12 10:22 AM
I bought this game on my iPad yesterday and I'm enjoying it very much. I'm still playing on "Private" (easy), and not even halfway through. I was stumped for a while on the level where the defenses come in on a conveyor belt, but finally managed to get 2 stars on it. I'm not sure I want to attempt that one on a harder level at all, unless I can think of a better strategy for placing the plants that I do get.

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

Re:Now available on iOS

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Oct 30, 12 8:35 PM
I found the video walkthroughs and used them to get three stars on the first of those conveyor belt levels. Solved the second one myself. Will have to use the video walkthrough on the third one.

Strange how the normal levels on Private are fairly easy to figure out a solution, but those conveyor belt ones are so difficult.

[Post New]by Smalldeveloper on Nov 7, 12 9:17 AM
Thank you for playing Garden Rescue! I'm glad to say, that "Garden Rescue 2" will be released soon :-)

Edited on 11/07/2012 at 9:19:40 AM PST

festclick
Minnow
Minnow
279 Posts

[Post New]by festclick on Nov 17, 12 2:14 PM
Agree about the conveyor belt levels being tough. I liked the game so much, after getting three stars on all levels on General I set my own challenge by trying to do all levels without using the prizes apart from money. For most of them I succeeded but not the conveyors, where you need most of the prizes and the solutions can be not at all obvious. I loved working them out myself.

Edited on 11/17/2012 at 2:15:17 PM PST

[Post New]by Smalldeveloper on Dec 3, 12 4:01 AM
Garden Rescue: Christmas edition now available on iOS !!!

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Dec 3, 12 8:33 AM
I finished the first 6 or so levels of the Christmas edition, and while the game is extremely similar to the original Garden Rescue game, it is most definitely not "identical with new graphics". There are new powerups for one thing. I haven't checked whether the level layouts are the same or not. I'm enjoying it, and feel that it's worth the 2.99 price.

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Dec 3, 12 9:25 AM
I have verified that levels 7 and 8 on the Christmas version are definitely not the same layout as the original Garden Rescue.

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Dec 5, 12 5:33 PM
Update: I have finished all levels of the Christmas version in Private, getting 3 stars on most of them and I think only one level I just got 1 star. On most of the levels I finished it the first try. There aren't any new plants or attackers, but the levels are new, and there are new powerups. At least on Private, most of the levels gave me lots of powerups, which made the "conveyor belt" type levels (well here the items fall down on parachutes) much easier for me to finish.

With the original game, even playing on Private I had to resort to the video walkthroughs for most of the "conveyor belt" levels and possibly a couple of the others too. I haven't tried any of the levels on Sergeant yet on the Christmas version.

Go to: