bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

The Legend of Sleepy Hollow: Jar of Marbles III - Free to Play

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Oct 31, 12 12:29 AM
Travel through the spooky town of Sleepy Hollow and unravel its legend! Empty out the Jar of Marbles as quickly as you can in this Match 3 game to help guide you through the town. Make sure you’re always planning two steps ahead!

Play this game for free and purchase additional gameplay, virtual items, powerups, or other fun extras within the game to enhance your experience.

paco12348
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

Re:The Legend of Sleepy Hollow: Jar of Marbles III - Free to Play

[Post New]by paco12348 on Oct 31, 12 9:49 AM
If it's said in talk all of us can understand I guess that means this is a free game but to continue playing we must pay dollars to purchase things if we want to keep playing. Right?
If so, it's not worth it.

deeno2
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by deeno2 on Oct 31, 12 12:01 PM
you don't have to buy anything. If the old guy falls asleep and you don't want to purchase coffee you can use 200 coins...if not you have to wait the timer out (10 min)...so the key is, play well, keep getting points and you can keep using your coin to buy him coffee...oh yeah..and don't buy any power ups because you will lose all your coin...
ok...so it may seem like it's not really a free game but it is...just keep saving the coins ....

sportygal2009
Salmon
Salmon
2,503 Posts

[Post New]by sportygal2009 on Oct 31, 12 10:47 PM
deeno2 wrote:you don't have to buy anything. If the old guy falls asleep and you don't want to purchase coffee you can use 200 coins...if not you have to wait the timer out (10 min)...so the key is, play well, keep getting points and you can keep using your coin to buy him coffee...oh yeah..and don't buy any power ups because you will lose all your coin...
ok...so it may seem like it's not really a free game but it is...just keep saving the coins ....

Thanks for pointing that out about the power ups and not buying them. This is the first game I've tried as I've never played anything like this and to my surprise I really like this. I've been playing for hours on/off. I guess it must depend how many coins you have cause so far I've had to wait as long as 20 minutes but I don't think I would have had to wait that long if I didn't buy a couple of power ups. The only reason I did was cause it was part of the goals. I did play for almost an hour before I hit the very first either pay or wait. I haven't caved and bought. There were a few times I had enough coins. I'm just now getting the hang of this game but I like it and find it quite addicting to my surprise.

ETA: I've been noticing on the wait when you have a choice to buy with your coins well it starts off with a ridiculous amount as I don't even have near that much but then as the wait time gets less it decreases the amount of coins you need and then I've bought but doesn't really give a whole lot of coffee to keep this old man awake.

Edited on 10/31/2012 at 11:05:47 PM PST

deeno2
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by deeno2 on Nov 1, 12 8:29 AM
call me stubborn...oh go ahead...it's true...but I will not pay a cent for a game that was given to us free....us....members of BFG's....we have given them a lot of money over the years for games and I think a free game once in a while like this is a great idea....I am really enjoying this game and I will wait out the time simply by doing other things that need doing.....if I have the time to sit on my **** and play games then I can at least do other things that are more important while I'm waiting...I think that big fish erred in this one because many people will not be thinking well of them for giving us a 'not so free' game...

sportygal2009
Salmon
Salmon
2,503 Posts

[Post New]by sportygal2009 on Nov 1, 12 10:06 AM
Yes when I say buy I mean with the coins I've earned in the game and NOT with my wallet cause I won't be spending any money either so however long it takes to complete the game well that's how long it takes.

bug46
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by bug46 on Nov 1, 12 2:53 PM
This is the first time I"ve played a "Free to play" game from BF. Love the game but not the fact that I might have to pay for coffee for the Ole Man to continue to play or wait for many minutes to tick by to continue.Tried to buy the coffee for $3.99 but it never took me to the store and just froze up. Probably won't get a free to play game again based on my experience with this one. Want to buy this game but no option for that??? It is available for purchase on ****. Might go there and get it so can sit and play it w/o interruption.

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Nov 4, 12 3:06 AM
I've played quite a few hours. When the old man falls asleep, I close the game and play something else for awhile.

I came to the forum to see if there's any punch card punches or game credit uses associated with this game, or if all purchases for it are separate from that. Still don't know, but separate is what I'm guessing...

Neko6
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by Neko6 on Nov 4, 12 7:49 PM
I'm not sure I understand. I'm pretty sure I bought this game and yet it's free to play? Right now, it's telling me to buy unlimited time in the store but where is the store? I'm really enjoying the gameplay but there are a few things I don't get.

maxforme
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by maxforme on Nov 6, 12 3:25 PM
Is it possible to buy unlimited coffee with coins? I have been saving them up but there doesn't seem to be an offer for unlimited coffee by using coins. A single shot for 200 coins is like me, doesn't last very long.

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Nov 6, 12 3:42 PM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to swim by and answer some questions I've seen regarding the Free to Play aspect of the game.

The game is entirely free to play, and does not require you to purchase any items from the store. If you choose to enhance your gaming experience, you can make purchases from the in-game store.

The store can be located when inside the game, either on the map screen or in a specific level. The store icon is a black shopping basket on a gold button. You can use that to purchase additional coins and unlimited coffee.

In-game purchases are separate from Punch Cards, Game Club credits, and other promotions and benefits. The purchases made in-game will only be reflected when playing that particular game, and do not count toward a punch/purchase on the Punch Card.

If you run into any problems with the store or the game, please let our Customer Support Team know and they'll be happy to assist you further.

I hope that helps, and happy gaming!

bfgSeine

[Post New]by MsSpiderling on Jan 1, 13 8:07 AM
I've played this game through twice. The second time through I would have enough time to play two pots of marbles. Now the ole man is asleep and won't awake for like 140 some hours?

I do like the game but I find the pretence of it being 'free' too annoying to buy it.

KushkaW
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by KushkaW on Jan 6, 13 9:54 AM
I have become addicted to this one - after playing it through twice ( and on two accounts so I could let it "sleep" in one while I played on another) I finally broke down and bought "unlimited coffee", which, being a member, only cost 2.79 instead of 3.99 -
I had not realized I would get a discount -

[Post New]by diewanna on Jan 15, 13 5:27 PM
How do I play 72 levels?

lil_chickadee
Minnow
Minnow
248 Posts

[Post New]by lil_chickadee on Jan 16, 13 8:22 PM
Once through the game is 24 levels. Twice through is 48. Three times through (if you have that much patience) is 72.

I figured out why it took so long to count down 128 minutes. It was 128 HOURS. Not such a smart move, to lock someone out of a game for a whole week. They might just lose their addiction to it and move on to another pastime. Or just get so ornery mad that they determine not to spend a cent of real money on it.

SnowBunnyB16
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,493 Posts

[Post New]by SnowBunnyB16 on Jul 3, 13 10:10 AM
One of the goals is to use "Frozen Marbles". Where are they or how do I get them? Is that something that you get after playing awhile? I couldn't find out any info about them.

SnowBunnyB16
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,493 Posts

[Post New]by SnowBunnyB16 on Aug 24, 13 5:42 PM
Well I continued playing and eventually there were frozen marbles, but it was quite awhile before they appeared. I kept checking back here for an answer to my question, but never got one.

So what is the point of Game Forums? I thought if you had a question about a game, this was the place to ask questions and get answers. Apparently not!

Go to: