Any comments fishes?

tj1147
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

Re:Today's DD 31 October 12

[Post New]by tj1147 on Oct 31, 12 5:51 AM
My original post when the game was out last October:

The graphics are very clear and the H0 scenes just "junk-piley" enough to make some of the items hard to find. I do like the "think outside the box" for certain words/items...keeps the gray cells active! There isn't too much dialog and I cannot comment on sound as I don't have speakers on...spooky music would be good!! The bits of animations in the scenes is great! Also, some items are hidden in cupboards, etc so look everywhere!

This game is a change of pace from those we've had to choose from lately...mostly H0 scenes and easy minigames, but that is OK!! There are extras to earn as the game progresses but I'm not sure what they are actually for except to raise one's score.

I would love to get this game but am not really sure yet as I don't want to use a coupon on another short game.

I didn't buy the game then

But I do like Felix's Halloween costume on today's main page!

SMQMC
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

[Post New]by SMQMC on Oct 31, 12 6:21 AM
After buying games yesterday in the SPOOKY sale, I clicked "Install Now" and a sign popped up that gave me the option of buying "Halloween: Trick or Treat" for $3.99. Sounded like a good deal until I opened up the Big Fish site this morning, only to find the same game as the Daily Deal for $2.99.
As a 74 year old retiree who has to pretty much watch and be careful with every dollar, I found this to be obnoxious and offensive. Thanks a lot BF !! I'm not a happy camper today and will not be purchasing any more special deals that pop up after I've bought a game and hit "Install Now." To me it's just rotten customer relations.

crowtrobot
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by crowtrobot on Oct 31, 12 7:08 AM
This game is already available in the Spooky Sale for $2.99. Why have it as the DD as well?

oscar66
Herring
Herring
307 Posts

[Post New]by oscar66 on Oct 31, 12 12:26 PM
SMQMC - I'm sure if you drop a line to customer service they will be happy to refund the difference. I wouldn't get too offend by it. I imagine those pop ups are entirely random.

As for the DD and in the sale, perhaps it just came up for the DD rotation.

NIMHURCHU
Clownfish
Clownfish
744 Posts

[Post New]by NIMHURCHU on Oct 31, 12 11:03 PM
The game began with junk pile Hog. The music was annoying. The screen freezes to black screen too often...not sure if that is part of the "spooky" aspect of the game or a glitch. To me, it's too annoying. Graphics are colourful, but some objects well hidden. I had read that others had recommended this as a game for younger players, but the mis-click penalty is just too frustrating for younger kids. I purchased the game without playing first for myself, as my 4 yr old had accessed the game that I had downloaded for trial and "played" it herself :-) I went solely on game reviews on this one. This is not a game that I enjoyed myself or would suggest to others. I rarely regret purchases from BFGs but this is one of them.
To SMQMC, contact customer service. BFG has the best customer service that I have ever dealt with online. You will find that you will be dealing with everyday, wonderful people who will try to help in any way that they can. You can click on the green letter on the right of the screen, and try to connect with Live Chat. In their after hour times, you can send an e-mail, and you will have a customer service representative respond to you. Wishing you a wonderful day SMQMC

NMlost62
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by NMlost62 on Nov 1, 12 9:54 AM
Playing along having fun when I got to the cottage in the wood. There's a search for a dollar that is in a pumpkin. I have clicked everywhere looking for something to open the pumpkin, but nothing picks up or allows me to move it. Any suggestions?

4mybirds4
Salmon
Salmon
2,663 Posts

[Post New]by 4mybirds4 on Nov 1, 12 9:14 PM
NMlost62 wrote:Playing along having fun when I got to the cottage in the wood. There's a search for a dollar that is in a pumpkin. I have clicked everywhere looking for something to open the pumpkin, but nothing picks up or allows me to move it. Any suggestions?

I had a problem with this also. I clicked the hint button and tried to focus on the center of where it showed me, which was approximately the top left corner of the left pumpkin. The dollar is not visible.

Go to: