bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Reviews for Mayan Prophecies: Ship of Spirits

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Nov 2, 12 12:42 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Mayan Prophecies: Ship of Spirits ? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Mayan Prophecies: Ship of Spirits page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgBaikal

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:Reviews for Mayan Prophecies: Ship of Spirits

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Nov 2, 12 12:42 AM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable to the review thread.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game, what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. This can only help us in continuing to provide better games, which is what we all want!

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgBaikal

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Nov 2, 12 12:44 AM
Please click here to check out reviews for the CE version of this game!

Happy gaming!

bfgBaikal

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Nov 2, 12 1:48 AM
Morning, all...

Where to begin. There are soooooo many things to do and find. Lets see if I remember them all.

This Review (which is based on the CE) may contain Spoilers, so... beware.

There are 4 (FOUR) gameplay modes: Casual, Normal, Hard, Custom. The last one allows you to tick whichever difficulty you want to have.

There is Voice-over.

There is a choice of Custom and System Cursor.

There is WIDESCREEN.

There are Achievements. Please note: On the main game page, it says among other things that the CE includes: "Unique CE achievements", so I don't know whether there are those if any achievements in the SE.

There are quite a few Hummingbirds to be found, which are only hidden in the HOS (hidden object scenes).

There are quite a few Morphing objects to be found.

Also, there are 2 objects, one each at the bottom right and left for which you have to find bits and pieces to be added.

Your Diary is at the left.

Also at the left is your MAP, which shows you where you are, and where you need to do something. It can also be used to jump.

The HINT button is at the right, and also works beautifully outside of the HOS.

The HOS are interactive. The graphics in them are superb, and it's a joy to find objects in them.
If you don't feel like searching for objects, you can click on that "Mahjong" button at the top left side, and play a game of Mahjong instead.

The only thing I may have a slight problem with is that the font and colouring of the words in the lists given at the bottom are not very easy to read. I would have preferred it if they had been a little more bold and the background whiter so that the words stood out more.

You can lock the Inventory list so it stays on top, or keep the lock open for it to disappear until you need it again.

Puzzles can be skipped. Both HINT and SKIP buttons fill within 30 seconds in Casual mode.

--- --- ---

The graphics are wonderfully done. Gameplay and story had me gripped right from the beginning. This is an excellent, fun and entertaining game, which took me 5 hours to complete (that's the main game only).

One thing I can say about this game is that it never gets boring. There are constantly surprises just around the corner.

I loved the fact that I managed all but 2 mini games (didn't care for the one with the constellations - yawn), and most of them were quite unique and really nicely done.

JoyWales
Clownfish
Clownfish
728 Posts

[Post New]by JoyWales on Nov 2, 12 2:16 AM
I waited for the SE before deciding. So after 5 minutes play it is an easy choice for me.
I love the custom option, being able to keep a fast hint refill and skip but getting rid of sparkles in HO scenes.
Having a choice of cursors is always good as my desktop often plays slowly with the custom ones.
The Humming birds are still in this version but not the awards or the morphing objects. I have not played any longer as this is enough for me. I do like the challenge of achievements so in spite of the extra punch offered today, it is the CE that will go on my wishlist.

kelsie2
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by kelsie2 on Nov 2, 12 2:50 PM

Edited on 11/03/2012 at 4:24:16 AM PST

kelsie2
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by kelsie2 on Nov 2, 12 2:54 PM

Edited on 11/03/2012 at 4:24:00 AM PST

barbee44
Clownfish
Clownfish
667 Posts

[Post New]by barbee44 on Nov 2, 12 3:52 PM
Played the full hour and it's not a bad game, but I got tired of the whole game taking place in those dark and dreary places. I didn't come across any bright scenes at all. It sort of brings my mood down... all that gloom. I don't mind a few dark and gloomy scenes but we need some bright sunny ones too. Pass.

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Nov 4, 12 7:35 PM
Totally enjoyed this game. It was a good length and moved along smoothly. Has a jump map which made navigating the game really easy. Mini games at times were very easy and other times the instructions were so confusing I just skipped them. The Hint and Skip recharge very quickly.

Seemed to be a lot of HOS but they were interactive and I enjoyed them. You also had a choice to do majong (did I spell that right) instead if you don't like HOS. Some items could be small. You collect little birds in each game...not sure why. Probably if I had read the instructions I would know! Some of the items in the HOS were oddly named.

Never used the Journal...not sure why it was there nor did I need the SG or walkthrough....nice game.

Graphics were beautiful. I always turn off the voice overs from the get go, so I can't comment of whether they are annoying or not. Different , enjoyable story. Definately got my monies worth. Highly recommend with a 5 because it had all the things I believe make a good, enjoyable, non-frustrating game.

Edited on 11/04/2012 at 7:38:41 PM PST

addieh
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by addieh on Dec 1, 12 5:57 PM
I thoroughly enjoyed this game. There aren't many I don't like. The graphics, the colors, the storyline, the ancient of it all fascinated me so it was easy to play this game. I also loved the puzzles.
So it's a no-brainer for me on this one. A great game!

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on Jan 9, 13 4:48 PM
we rate this game with a A++++++, GREAT game.-----doug & lisa

SMQMC
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

[Post New]by SMQMC on Jan 31, 13 2:18 PM
I really, really enjoyed this game. Lots to do, places to go, and things to figure out. I nearly got stuck in one spot though. After I chopped some roots off, it kept referring to taking the paint brush to paint some thing, but the paint brush didn't come into play until much later. Other than that, the game was easy to follow. Would recommend it to anyone who likes to do and go places along with ample H0s to find. I'm giving it 5 in my opinion.

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Feb 9, 13 4:54 AM
I played the Demo for about 20 minutes and I decided to buy the game with the sale special..Loved the sounds and the graphics are beautiful thx DEv's for all your time and hard work on this awesome game..Thank you BF as always..

Floraws
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by Floraws on Feb 27, 13 2:02 PM
Easily the best HO game I have ever had. Great story, which is difficult do find; great graphics, excellent puzzles... couldn't ask for more. A zillion AAAAA's to the developers. Only one little thing: the map isn't very accurate. All in all, this is the best HO game I have seen. Highly recommended.

cowgirl202
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by cowgirl202 on Oct 29, 13 7:47 AM
Just finished the game and thoroughly enjoyed it.......everything worked perfectly and moved along nicely....lovely graphics and finally....... a good story line and even an ending which tied everything up.......highly recommend......

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on Nov 5, 13 11:36 PM
This is a very long game, which will please most players feeling they got their money's worth, but I found myself wondering when it would be over. There is much backing and forthing. (Why, oh, why was it necessary to find a spool of thread, then another trek to find a needle, then another trek to find scissors?) Thankfully, the map is interactive, even though you do have to guess which active area to go to next, but the game isn't linear, and at times was confusing for that reason.

I really wish all developers would adopt the custom settings that are available in this game. I loved being able to have a short hint and skip refill without having sparkles everywhere.

The hummingbirds didn't have any purpose at all, and once you "poof" them, their hiding places continue to flash, which I found distracting and could have done without.

The ending was abrupt and not terribly satisfying, but was obviously meant to signal that there will be a sequel.

A good game, but not a great one. Four stars.

bluejen
Clownfish
Clownfish
702 Posts

[Post New]by bluejen on Aug 8, 14 11:10 PM
I just couldn't get into this game and quit after about 15 minutes. Darn, wish I hadn't "fallen" for the special! Tried the second in the series - same thing. I'm going to play something else before I try the third in the series. Sigh, a waste of money. I should've tried a demo first - just didn't. Lesson learned.

Go to: