Manatee
4,490 Posts

Re:Today's DD 2 November 12

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Nov 2, 12 6:49 AM
Just didn't like this game. Found the graphics very poor
for one thing. Also, the walkthrough, which was written
by the game developers, was nowhere close to the quality
of walkthroughs done by the BF team. My main use of
walkthroughs is to get a hint for a puzzle I'm stuck on.
In this one, I'm told: "When you finish the puzzle..."
nothing, nada, not even a screenshot of the finished
puzzle. Duh, if I could have FINISHED THE PUZZLE,
I wouldn't be in the walkthrough looking for help.

No buy on this at any price.

biomix
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,854 Posts

[Post New]by biomix on Nov 2, 12 8:27 AM
I am really enjoying this game!
I bought it today on DD. I am not having any problems with it.
I checked out the walkthrough before I bought it and all looked good.

It's the type of game that you have to really take your time with. So if you like to rush through games this is not for you. If you like to sit back, quiet and sip on tea or wine and really think about things and be patient, because hints are few, then this is the game for you.

I am not the sharpest knife in the drawer but I have not yet have had to go to the walkthrough yet.

minesita
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,975 Posts

[Post New]by minesita on Nov 2, 12 12:53 PM
I'm going to buy the game. The door flower puzzle I skipped, I read after the walk., and I didn't have a clue why to press these #. May be I'm so dumb . I didn't make the relationship between the paper's direction and the # to press.
If somebody can enlight me, please, I'll so much appreciate it!

minesita
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,975 Posts

[Post New]by minesita on Nov 2, 12 1:16 PM
Really I'm dumb!!!
I mixed the question. Is not the flower's puzzle I want to ask,is the dresser's puzzle.
But luckily I read more in the forum, and Cateia explained it making me understand it perfectly. Really is a very challenging game Now, I bought it, and I'll play very slowly.
Thank you BF and the Devs.

Freka
Herring
Herring
304 Posts

[Post New]by Freka on Nov 2, 12 2:29 PM
minesita wrote:Really I'm dumb!!!
I mixed the question. Is not the flower's puzzle I want to ask,is the dresser's puzzle.
But luckily I read more in the forum, and Cateia explained it making me understand it perfectly. Really is a very challenging game Now, I bought it, and I'll play very slowly.

I also was baffled by the dresser puzzle. I checked through the "developers' speak" discussion and couldn't find any reference to it. Could you please supply me the page where you foiund the explanation.

Thank you,
kjd

cherkatz1
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by cherkatz1 on Nov 2, 12 5:05 PM
Can you help me find the blue button and the second headlight. Started over twice and still can't find. Any help please.

cherkatz1
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by cherkatz1 on Nov 2, 12 5:27 PM
minesita wrote:Really I'm dumb!!!

you are not. I'm stuck too

Edited on 11/02/2012 at 5:28:42 PM PST

minesita
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,975 Posts

[Post New]by minesita on Nov 2, 12 6:11 PM
Hi,
The clue is to see the game as a clock. The paper said 18=9 or something as this.
On the left is the hr. (18 means 6:00 pm) and the # on the right is the 9th place you have to click.
The game said 14=1, this is the 1st to click (14 is 2:00 pm). Then the # will be 2.
I remember 23=10, that means 11:00pm on the 10th. place. Then the # will be 11 the last one. only are 10 #s.
Hope this help, also I'm dumb to explain

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

[Post New]by phatkhat on Nov 2, 12 8:44 PM
Face/palm!! Oh, I'm dumb! I never thought to look at the numbers as time! I was trying to figure out a mathematical formula! Thanks for that!

This is a fantastic game! Just the kind I like. This is a pure adventure game, and I am having a ball. Bought it as soon as my demo time was up. Funny, I've seen it around, but never did try it until now. I'm sure glad I did. This will take some time and patience, for sure, but it is a wonderful change from junkpile HOS. In fact, there are evidently NO HOS, which is a huge plus for me.

It is rather linear, but I can live with that. Playing on Adventure mode, and it is quite a challenge.

NIMHURCHU
Clownfish
Clownfish
744 Posts

[Post New]by NIMHURCHU on Nov 2, 12 10:31 PM
This game is listed as a HOPA in the descriptions. There are no junkpile Hog scenes, as every item that you are asked for in the FIND list is to be used.

There is a HINT button, which recharges in about a minute in EASY mode, but it was not helpful at all. When you click on hint, the area where you need action lights up with sparkles, but there is no advice on what you should do. The walkthrough was somewhat helpful, but not as detailed as most. However, I found that there were wonderful posts from the great fishies for every problem that had me stumped

There is a Task Sheet next to the hint button.

There is no map. but I managed to make my way around without pulling my hair out. Got lost a few times, but that's "normal" for me

There is no journal. That would be a great addition to the game! As it is, for example, if you need a code to solve a puzzle, you have to backtrack to where you first saw that code. So, keep a piece of paper and pencil handy to jot those down.

I enjoyed the story, voiceovers, and graphics, thus far.

The settings give many options to cater to individual player preferences, such as widescreen/full screen, custom cursor, sparkles, volume control (master, voice, music, and effects volume).

There is an option to play in easy, casual or adventure mode, and you can switch during the game.

After an hour, I just had to purchase! I had to see where the story was going. I have just completed Chapter 3 ( out of 6 chapters) in 3 hours. I had to visit the BFG forum for help more times than usual for me, but it hasn't annoyed me for some reason. The game has held my interest enough for me to ignore an unhelpful hint system, and lack of a journal to hold important clues.

The game did freeze a few times, but I never had to start from the beginning. As BFG has outstanding customer service, in my opinion, any possibility of technical issues did not deter me from purchasing. I have every confidence in the customer service department....from past experiences, they have always helped me solve technical issues or issued a replacement coupon.

I would definitely recommend this as a game to try. I am glad to have purchased it. Now back to see how this all might end.

minesita
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,975 Posts

[Post New]by minesita on Nov 3, 12 9:39 AM
I finished the game!!! So bad the end! It's the same as " Where angels cry",( same Devs). I needed to find one more rose to make 21.
And I enjoyed all the game, I don't regret buying this.
Please Cateia, next time make more satisfactory ends to your games, I'm not the only one complaining about this!
Happy gaming

Freka
Herring
Herring
304 Posts

[Post New]by Freka on Nov 3, 12 1:27 PM
Thanks, minesita, for the puzzle explanation.

I bought it without the explanation because it still looks like a good game. But being able to solve it will make it better.

minesita
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,975 Posts

[Post New]by minesita on Nov 4, 12 7:32 AM
Hi Freka, I'm glad this helped you!
And you are right, to be able to solve ourselves is so enjoyable!
In the forum, you have some explanations, but is so long the list to be reading all the comments.
Don't get disappointed with the end!
Happy gaming!

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Nov 5, 12 11:28 PM
minesta _ I agree with you it seems to be a common theme with their games - crystal valley, where angles cry and now this ( I can't remember the ending to hotel!).

If only I hadn't literally just played where angels cry!

minesita
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,975 Posts

[Post New]by minesita on Nov 6, 12 11:16 AM
Hi gingergal ,
Did you realize we had the same puzzle in where angels cry game? I'm talking the puzzle to pass red and blue items, same as the one in the secret locker with yellow and red chips. I had to read my own explanation in the secret locker, my son helped to make it in where angels cry.
Hope Cateia pay attention to do different ends, and be more creatives. If not, I'm not going to buy any game to them, same I'm doing with another Devs.
Have a nice week,
M

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Nov 7, 12 12:41 AM
minesta - Yes I mentioned that in my review - exactly the same not even the same puzzle but dressed up a bit differently, and not just that puzzle but a lot! I only noticed as I've just finished where angels cry.

Go to: