mythlady
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

Anyone stuck on Heart of the Jungle?

[Post New]by mythlady on Feb 13, 09 12:18 PM
The video for this level is not on the Midnight Synergy site -- must be one of the optional ones. The trick is getting the crab and the little blue hoppers (name?) to open the gates for you. I can get the orange one open so far, but not the yellow -- I've tried both the crab and blue hoppers, but neither will go all the way to the switch that trips the yellow gate. No matter where I stand, I can't "scare" them into moving toward the yellow switch.

Any tips on this one? Thanks.

Re:Anyone stuck on Heart of the Jungle?

[Post New]by ptaschekba on Feb 13, 09 12:34 PM
I'm stuck as well and it really is frustrating me.!!!!! I tried doing the same thing you have done and I have had no success either. What to do?

mythlady
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by mythlady on Feb 13, 09 12:58 PM
The other thing I thought of was to get the crab into the water so *I* can walk over and hit the switch -- but that can't work because the switches only work when you're standing on them, right?

I guess I'll work on something else for a while --

[Post New]by nanaumps on Feb 16, 09 1:47 AM
Point the spring toward the bottom walk and "guide" one of blue ones to it, it will shoot him onto the path. Go to the path under it and chase him to the button. Next point the spring to the middle path (sorry don't remember the colors) and chase the lobster to it. At the same time the lobster is being flung walk (quickly) to the right center across from the spring and the lobster will continue to the button. Turn the spring again to point to the upper path and chase the other blue one to it. Go to the path above it and chase it to the button. Be careful that you don't walk directly in front of the spring or you will have to start over.

Edited on 02/16/2009 at 1:48:58 AM PST

[Post New]by ptaschekba on Feb 16, 09 9:29 AM
Thank you for your help!!!!

heidid
Minnow
Minnow
268 Posts

[Post New]by heidid on Feb 23, 09 3:40 PM
If you wait until the crab stops (this is on the second, very short, path) then you are out of luck. When you have the spring positioned correctly and your crab is ready to run north, follow all the way to the edge of the water (just make sure you don't get hit by the spring). As long as it doesn't have time to stop, it will run all the way to the end.

As for me, I'm (sort of) stuck on the next screen of this puzzle - I can get either the gems or the star, but can't figure out how to get both with only one turtle. Anyone have a hint? I'd prefer a very general tip in the right direction, as opposed to the exact solution. Thanks!

phoebe222
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

[Post New]by phoebe222 on Feb 23, 09 6:41 PM
heidid wrote:As for me, I'm (sort of) stuck on the next screen of this puzzle - I can get either the gems or the star, but can't figure out how to get both with only one turtle. Anyone have a hint? I'd prefer a very general tip in the right direction, as opposed to the exact solution. Thanks!

I tried hard not to peek solutions but in the end I gave up. Here is a tip: Get the turtle travel on the sliding panels (or whatever they are called), so it activates the button.

Highlight if you need some more hints.
Once in the water, you can make it swim again by standing on the button that raises the barrels, which will be the final destination so you can collect the remaining treasure.

Hope this helps.

heidid
Minnow
Minnow
268 Posts

[Post New]by heidid on Feb 24, 09 12:20 PM
That was just the right tip - Thanks!

MLibby
Guppy
Guppy
138 Posts

[Post New]by MLibby on Mar 2, 09 10:52 AM
Ok, this is driving me nuts. I can get the turtle onto the sliders, have the sliders take him TO the button, but the darn thing won't get ON the button, and by the time I hit the grow again, it's too late and he's walked off the slider. HELP!

phoebe222
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

[Post New]by phoebe222 on Mar 2, 09 12:04 PM
When the turtle is off the slider, make sure its stays on the tile in water which will raise when you step on the round button.

Go to: