girl says she doesn't need help

[Post New]by sheilamilo on Nov 3, 12 2:04 PM
Still near the beginning of the game. I've crossed the suspension bridge (in woods looking for guy to help me), and come to a girl blocking the path. All she says is she doesn't need help.

Now what? Did I need to go more North before I got to the suspension bridge?

ganonsbane
Catfish
Catfish
1,595 Posts

Re:girl says she doesn't need help

[Post New]by ganonsbane on Nov 3, 12 2:19 PM
That's Mina. I think if you keep talking to her she blast the Ghouls & joins the party.

ganonsbane
Catfish
Catfish
1,595 Posts

[Post New]by ganonsbane on Nov 4, 12 7:41 AM
Correction: Leave her, but she will join Party, real soon.

fletchpoo
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by fletchpoo on Nov 4, 12 11:30 AM
I am also stuck in this part. I have travelled as far as the girl and there are no other paths that I haven't already taken. So I'm not sure where I'm supposed to go from the girls location to proceed.

Thanks

ganonsbane
Catfish
Catfish
1,595 Posts

[Post New]by ganonsbane on Nov 4, 12 11:50 AM
When you keep talking to her until you end up killing the Ghouls in front of her. Then talk to her again to find out she's looking for her Dad. Then leave her & go into the building on the next screen. She'll come to help you.

fletchpoo
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by fletchpoo on Nov 4, 12 11:58 AM
I've clicked on her mor that 20 times and she only says the same thing each time. She has never moved from her spot.

ganonsbane
Catfish
Catfish
1,595 Posts

[Post New]by ganonsbane on Nov 4, 12 12:08 PM
Have you killed the Ghouls in Front on her ? If not try pressing the Spacebar or Enter. Mouse Control gets unresponsive somethimes.

Let me know.

fletchpoo
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by fletchpoo on Nov 4, 12 12:16 PM
There aren;t any ghouls in front of her and I tried using the spacebar and that didn't do anything either.

ganonsbane
Catfish
Catfish
1,595 Posts

[Post New]by ganonsbane on Nov 4, 12 12:33 PM
In the 1st part of the game, you & Harker are suppose to kill Vamps in a mine South of Le Fanu. After you kill them Harker leaves.You go back to Le Fanu, someone says talk to a witch in a cave to the West. You talk to Madam Ismeralda about the ring. going threw the mountain you cross a bridge & the girl should be there with 3 Ghouls in front of her. If that's where you are, I have no idea why ther are no Ghouls. You may have to Redo the download.

Edited on 11/04/2012 at 12:47:25 PM PST

[Post New]by sheilamilo on Nov 4, 12 2:00 PM
The ghouls didn't show up until I had clicked on the girl many times. I did go back and get the side quest from Madam Ismerelda, then returned and clicked several more times. I think it must be a bug...

AbleBabel
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,051 Posts

[Post New]by AbleBabel on Aug 8, 13 9:17 PM

FOUND A SOLUTION!

Had the self same problem, even after I had uninstalled it and re-downloaded it (through it kept my progress - weird).

Anyhow, this time this time when I approached her, instead of clicking her with my mouse, I hit the ENTER key. The ghouls immediately appeared and I could carry on the game.

It's worth trying any time you get stuck. I found that in another game, where the only time I could engage any shop keeper was to hit ENTER (that's what made me think of it here). It works.

Go to: