Manatee
Manatee
3,734 Posts

Todays DD November 5 2012

[Post New]by cleoladycat on Nov 5, 12 12:18 AM
Any comments fishes?

Re:Todays DD November 5 2012

[Post New]by angelofmusic62 on Nov 5, 12 10:18 AM
Definitely not worth it, even at DD price. Old, boring, and just plain terrible.

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

[Post New]by phatkhat on Nov 5, 12 1:27 PM
I STRONGLY disagree! I purchased this on sale elsewhere recently, and I stayed up all night playing it! I couldn't put it down. I think this may be one of the most underrated games of all time.

First of all, there are hidden object scenes, but not junkpile, and not overly taxing. They are interactive and many of them are "find x number of y" type, which are my faves. Some of the HO scenes are scrolling, as well, but not enough to induce motion sickness.

There are also a lot of puzzles, and though most are not difficult, there are a couple which are quite challenging.

This is a fairly long game, it took me about 5 hours or so to play. (I don't rush through games, though. Your time may vary.)

I would classify this game as an adventure game with HOS. The adventure side is strong. It is also VERY story driven, and there is a great deal of dialog. This is an adventure-thriller type of story, if you like spy novels. It becomes obvious quickly that you can trust no one, and things are not what they seem. The plot twists and turns, and the ending is quite a surprise - or was for me.

It is kind of "graphic novel" style, with cartoon storyboards, but the theme is mature, and story well-developed. It doesn't have a lot of bells and whistles, but the gameplay is solid and well-paced.

Give it a try, you may find, as I did, that you don't agree with the bad reviews.

NIMHURCHU
Clownfish
Clownfish
744 Posts

[Post New]by NIMHURCHU on Nov 5, 12 9:55 PM
Despite so many negative reviews, I wanted to try this for myself. My apologies that this post is based on the one hour trial and not the full game.

Graphics: dated, comic book style....characters remind me of cut outs from magazines that I would paste to ice pop sticks to make "puppets" :-)

Voiceovers: none

Story: Intriguing, but a lot of "corny" dialogue.

Gameplay: only one "basic" interaction that I came across in the hour.

Hogs: 3 types of Hogs - 1. find the objects on the list..very easily identifiable.
2. find silhouette...harder, even with the option to zoom
3. find so many of "something" - very easy

Hints: 1. given 3 hints at beginning of game.
2. can earn more hints by finding stars in the scenes.. very easy to find.
3. there appears to be a maximum of 6 hints total at a time.
4. after using a hint, you must wait approximately 90 seconds for the hint button to recharge, even though you may have 5 other hints in reserve!
[i]Personal note: I found the hint system unnecessary for me in the first few scenes, as the objects were so large. Also, there were several times in which a huge, glowing green target appeared on the item that I needed to find. On the other hand, I had more difficulty in finding the silhouette objects, even though I finally discovered the "zoom" option. As I used the hint option, I had to stare at the screen for 90 seconds after using the hint....scanning to find another silhouette and being frustrated at the fact that I found a star to bring my hints up to the 6 maximum. Why give the option to earn more hints if you need to wait so long to use them? This was a waste and frustrating in my experience.

Puzzles: The puzzles were basic slider, map, process of elimination.
after 1 minute, an easier version of the puzzle is offered.
after 3 mins, there is an option to skip the puzzle entirely.

Overall, I was not as disappointed as I expected to be, but I have too many "great" games to be finished. I would seriously consider this game if I absolutely needed a punch. In the 2 and a half years as a BFG club member, I have been inundated with remarkable games. This is not one of the better games, in my opinion. Perhaps BFG would consider offering some of the older games as 99c games. With all the fishies in the pond, they might get a few more bites

Go to: