Flower Teaser?

[Post New]by tooslowglass on Nov 5, 12 5:08 PM
There's a six-petaled red flower above some stairs within the Seqouia. I've been back and forth through several times -- including with the shrinking potion, so I could examine the holes in the walls (one of which, I hoped, would lead me to those stairs). Is it a teaser, or is there any reason to reach it?

DannielSquall
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

Re:Flower Teaser?

[Post New]by DannielSquall on Nov 5, 12 5:09 PM
It's not a teaser, it's a relic/artfact... just try to find the way around and you'll get there.

ksjp17
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

[Post New]by ksjp17 on Nov 6, 12 12:47 AM
If you're stuck for the route

From the entrance at the eastern end (i.e. where you first exited) go
left, up, right, first up, left, up, right, up, right, up and there you are.

Hope that helps.

[Post New]by tooslowglass on Nov 6, 12 2:46 PM
Thanks kjsp17, but I'd already gone back. Took me less than ten minutes (including the sea voyage and the overland trek). I just took a passage previously less traveled and picked up both the red-petaled artifact and the snake anima. I'm trying to get as much found and done before finishing this half(?) of the game by going inside Turtle Cave. So I still have no idea what (or where) the "dudapose"(?) is, nor what the sunburst-shaped item seen briefly, once, outside the walls of Amri was. One other posting suggested going in and out the gates several times, and it'd appear where grab-able. No such luck. Yet.

ksjp17
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

[Post New]by ksjp17 on Nov 7, 12 2:59 AM
tooslowglass wrote:what the sunburst-shaped item seen briefly, once, outside the walls of Amri was. One other posting suggested going in and out the gates several times, and it'd appear where grab-able. No such luck. Yet.

It's an item which will be of great help to someone you pick up inside the cave. Before going there, make sure you pick up the item 'Loot Insurance' from one of the villages near Amri, it makes a huge difference. Also before going into the cave, if you haven't already done it, wander around to find the flower Nerissa in a secret place on the plain, and get the pear item and have it identified by the hydra in Amri before you recruit it.

[Post New]by tooslowglass on Nov 7, 12 4:18 PM
kjsp17: Got Loot Insurance & the item that resets lives to full after each (survived) battle -- both being Most Useful -- and have just gotten Nerissa's item (no flies on her!). Still no luck with the sunburst item. I've picked up some more Golden Corn (which I'm trying to accumulate before one last visit to that picky-eater chicken) but that sunburst still hasn't re-appeared. Does it have a sell-by/find-by date? (And I've been inside Turtle, have picked up a companion [who has passively leveled up to 35] and am at 6/10 for the quest. I keep going back outside to rest, and complete quests, before I get all the way to 10/10.)

Edited on 11/07/2012 at 4:20:34 PM PST

ksjp17
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

[Post New]by ksjp17 on Nov 8, 12 12:51 AM
tooslowglass wrote:but that sunburst still hasn't re-appeared. Does it have a sell-by/find-by date?

Not that I'm aware of. Going by memory, sometimes it appears in the first room/screen, sometimes you have to go down a screen to the second room. Perhaps that might do it?

Go to: