gogven
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

Three Toed Sloth

[Post New]by gogven on Nov 8, 12 8:48 PM
Went to talk to Vlad and the guard said he was at dinner and stepped aside, I backed out of that screen to do some quests and when I went back the guard says Vlad is at dinner but doesn't step aside to let me through. What am I doing wrong?

ganonsbane
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,083 Posts

Re:Three Toed Sloth

[Post New]by ganonsbane on Nov 8, 12 8:52 PM
Did you changed your party ? you can't get in without Carmilla,

Hope that helps

gogven
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by gogven on Nov 8, 12 9:11 PM
Carmilla is in my party. I think she is there automatically, I didn't have to choose her, she was just there.

Edited on 11/08/2012 at 9:36:51 PM PST

ganonsbane
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,083 Posts

[Post New]by ganonsbane on Nov 8, 12 9:36 PM
I thought you may have gone back to Whedon talked to Michelangelo & changed it. In this game, you don't have active & inactive party members they are either in or out, If she is in the party, you may have to go back to an earlier save point.

gogven
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by gogven on Nov 8, 12 9:40 PM
Not an option without starting a new game. I save frequently so I don't lose progress, but I guess that wasn't progress this time. I uninstalled, reinstalled. It doesn't help. Guess it's a glitch. Thanks for trying to help!

ganonsbane
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,083 Posts

[Post New]by ganonsbane on Nov 8, 12 9:45 PM
You have 4 save slots, you may want to rethink the way you save. I have learned the hard way to save at different stages in different slots.

ganonsbane
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,083 Posts

[Post New]by ganonsbane on Nov 9, 12 11:42 AM
I played a New Game to check this out. You can finish all your pending Side Quest before going back to the House of the Htree Toed Sloth. However, the 1st time you walk in to the Ho3TS, camilla will tell the guard that she has prisoners to see Count Vlad. If you exit without seeing Count Vlad & re-enter the dialog will not take place & the guard will not move. I don't know if it is a glyth or just the way the game was designed.

Edited on 11/09/2012 at 11:52:34 AM PST

gogven
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by gogven on Nov 10, 12 12:40 PM
Thanks for all your feedback. I have contacted the designer and they are looking into it. The reason I backed off that screen was because I have been fooled by sudden game endings and this is such a cool game I wasn't ready to quit playing yet. Thanks again.

ganonsbane
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,083 Posts

[Post New]by ganonsbane on Nov 10, 12 12:48 PM
You can finish your pending Side Quest after you exit, also. If you enter, then exit before talking to Vlad, you you can't get back in. After you talk to Vlad the guard is gone completely. Who knows ??

[Post New]by robyn_plunkett on Jan 28, 14 3:50 AM
ganonsbane wrote:You can finish your pending Side Quest after you exit, also. If you enter, then exit before talking to Vlad, you you can't get back in. After you talk to Vlad the guard is gone completely. Who knows ??

After you talk to Vlad, the guard is gone.

Go to: