Manatee
3,734 Posts

Today's DD 9 November 12

[Post New]by cleoladycat on Nov 9, 12 2:02 AM
Any comments fishes?
Maybe this means the next game is due.

Re:Today's DD 9 November 12

[Post New]by BarbaraFish on Nov 9, 12 5:12 AM
It strikes me as a GardenScapes imitator, not that that is bad. I love the Garden Scape series. It's a cute game - find what you can sell or put items in the right place in the room or find objects someone wants to buy en masse.

The one thing that really bothered me was the noise, which i believe i corrected from the options screen, but then my demo time ran out.

Otherwise, it seems like a good buy. Don't know how long it is, but it looks like you have a fair number of rooms to renovate.

it's a buy

bookwriter
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by bookwriter on Nov 9, 12 6:59 AM
I thought the picture of the game was cute and not the usual dark, murder/evil driven so I went to the reviews. There were three reviews that spoke of it being easy and the things you were looking for were decent size and not small, and they liked the decorating aspect of it. I am not at all a HOG fan as I like my TM games, but because of the reviews I decided to give it a try. My hour was over before I knew it. I had so much fun I had to buy it today. I liked the voice of the main character and the music that plays. It is a sweet game and a good game to try if you have never tried a hidden object game or it isn't your favorite genre. Thank you, BF, for putting up a game that isn't so dark and dreary as I was wondering if there were any other kinds of games being offered any more.

njmathews
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by njmathews on Nov 9, 12 8:31 AM
I too like to have a few light-hearted games around to break the cycle of dark games, and Gardenscapes is one of my favorites. Imitator, perhaps, but just from the demo time I can see these developers have better design tastes! A definite buy for me at 2.99.

[Post New]by angelofmusic62 on Nov 9, 12 9:03 AM
Although I like the idea of renovating an inn, this didn't live up to expectations, not even for the sale price. I did enjoy Gardenscapes for a break from the more difficult sppoky games, and I also replay the Dream Day series. I love the idea of designing homes, gardens, and weddings. Does anyone know of any other games like these? Thanks!

Sherry__Rose
Minnow
Minnow
233 Posts

[Post New]by Sherry__Rose on Nov 9, 12 11:25 AM
I bought this game when it first came out and played it through. I love it! It's light and fairly easy, and I really enjoyed the artwork. I sure hope its place as today's DD means the sequel is coming out soon!

sandhan
Clownfish
Clownfish
919 Posts

[Post New]by sandhan on Nov 9, 12 2:35 PM
Always nice to encounter a DD I don't already have! Love it, bought it. It's almost exactly like Gardenscapes, one of my favorites. If only we could trade in the nauseating housekeeper for Austin! It helps to disable the tutorial, but helps even more to turn off the sound.

genkicoll
Stingray
Stingray
5,732 Posts

[Post New]by genkicoll on Nov 9, 12 3:05 PM
At my forum I have a topic called "Fixer-upper Games like Gardenscapes" where I have a list of which games have this game mechanic, and what we are fixing up.

The forum hasn't been around all that long, and except for the topics I post in regularly, most everything has under 100 views.

The Fixer-upper topic, however, currently has 1,723 views! Are you listening, devs?? We love fixing things up through our gameplay!! Farmscapes and Gardenscapes are excellent examples of what we like, so get on it!

bookwriter
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by bookwriter on Nov 10, 12 7:22 AM
I am so glad I purchased this game yesterday as I have had a lot of fun with it. The music is extremely relaxing. The game play is fun, yet challenging enough. There a lot of hint helpers...magnifying glasses, waking up the cat, magnets, poppers. Like I said in an earlier post, I am not at all a HOG fan, but this game is one I will definitely play over and over. I especially like the idea that as you get coins you are able to bring the inn back into shape. I have had a lot of fun redecorating to make it look like I want it to. Thanks for the great game, BF.

Edited on 11/10/2012 at 7:23:40 AM PST

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Nov 13, 12 9:46 AM
I bought the game and I am enjoying the music andthe graphics are so beautiful I wish the DEV's would make more games like this one and put a match three in a game like this one..Thx Dev's for all your hard work and time..plz make more like this one..Thx BF

Go to: