most frustrating game ever

[Post New]by angelofmusic62 on Nov 9, 12 12:19 PM
Even with the strategy guide, I am going crazy! Because this game comes with achievements, I don't want to skip the puzzles, but I am tearing my hair out with some of them. I am only at the start of chapter 3, and I'm ready to throw in the towel.. I have all the other games in the series, and hardly looked at the strategy guide at all, if ever. I think I just spent $13.99 just to drive myself completely crazy.

Re:most frustrating game ever

[Post New]by OrionsRose on Feb 6, 13 12:13 AM
I completely agree! I have absolutely loved the Awakening series but this one has driven me crazy. And that's playing on Relaxed mode! I'm no slouch when it comes to IHOGs, and adventures like this but this one was ridiculous. Not so much fun this time.

mrbroadway1
Flounder
Flounder
2,168 Posts

[Post New]by mrbroadway1 on Feb 8, 13 8:12 PM
Wow. I thought it was just me. I usually enjoy the Awakening games but this time, I found the puzzles to be impossibly hard, especially the ones where you couldn't have the same color or shape in the same horizontal or vertical line....and they repeated that one about 4 times! I just couldn't see the solution to save my life. I had to keep hitting the hint button to get it one step further at a time until finally I could see the solution. I am embarrassed to say that it took my over 12 hours over 2 days to finish this game and that's because I agonized over some of those puzzles for hours and still had to skip some of them.. It's true that I've been having a very stressful week so I'm sure that added to my frustration and the difficulty level. I will have to go back and play this game again in a few months when I'm in a more relaxed state and see if I have a better experience. I'm really glad to know that I'm not alone feeling this way. I can't imagine how people finished this game in under 5 hours unless they skipped every puzzle and minigame. Thanks for listening.

MusicNat
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by MusicNat on Mar 17, 13 12:58 AM
mrbroadway1 wrote:Wow. I thought it was just me. I usually enjoy the Awakening games but this time, I found the puzzles to be impossibly hard, especially the ones where you couldn't have the same color or shape in the same horizontal or vertical line....and they repeated that one about 4 times! I just couldn't see the solution to save my life.

I found that playing this type of mini game as if I am playing "SUDOKU" helped tremendously. It's pretty much a similar concept.

Go to: