bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Post any Time Relics: Gears of Light technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Nov 10, 12 12:37 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

twin222
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

Error: Access violation at 0X4FE47E71

[Post New]by twin222 on Nov 10, 12 6:34 AM
Hi BF,

installed the game and seemed to work. But in the first scene, when I try to cool down the gear with the filled watering can, the error occurs and game shuts down. Tried with a new profile - didn`t work. Checked all updates - everything fine. Will try to deinstall and reinstall the game now - hope this helps... :-(

bestmommat
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

Re:Post any Time Relics: Gears of Light technical issues here only

[Post New]by bestmommat on Nov 10, 12 7:25 AM
I also had this issue...deleted and re-installed...same issue...frustrating to say the least!

using PC format and ALL updates are CURRENT

Edited on 11/10/2012 at 7:27:18 AM PST

twin222
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by twin222 on Nov 10, 12 8:13 AM
Still the same after uninstalling and reinstalling game....

[Post New]by edmontonborn on Nov 10, 12 2:12 PM
Can't even start the demo. The game crashes and reboots my computer. Tried uninstalling and re-installing, but get the same problem.

meme08
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by meme08 on Nov 10, 12 7:24 PM
Having same problem! Uninstalled game 3 different times and still get error screen. Hope problem is fixed! I would like to at least PLAY the free trial! It looked like it would be a good game!! HELP!

Ntrtain
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by Ntrtain on Nov 10, 12 9:06 PM
I downloaded game alright, no interruptions or anything odd. Anyway, after it said my trial had expired before I had even got into the game! I have an emachine which runs Windows XP. Cant tell you anything more than that really.
Thanks

Edited on 11/10/2012 at 9:09:21 PM PST

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Nov 11, 12 4:33 AM
Heya Fishies,

I'm sorry to see that so many of you are having problems with this game.

If you are getting an error message when you try to use the first gear or the game crashes/makes your computer reboot and you have already tried to uninstall and reinstall you game, it could also help to make sure that your computer is running with the newest software and drivers available as older drivers often cause problems with games. You can find steps on how to check that our here.

Ntrtain - If the trial shows as expired even though you haven't actually played the game, uninstalling and reinstalling the game could also solve the problem as this will make the Game Manager recheck for the trial availability.

If this doesn’t help, our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report. You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

Ntrtain
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by Ntrtain on Nov 11, 12 8:17 PM
I uninstalled and reinstalled the game to overcome the trial not working. When trying to cool gear down in first scene I get the following error 'Access violation Ox4FEC7FF7 (tried to read from 0x0025B000)'. The game shuts down. I have an emachine all current drivers etc. Windows XP.

Edited on 11/11/2012 at 8:18:28 PM PST

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Nov 12, 12 3:16 AM
Heya Ntrtain,

It's great that at least the trial seems to be working now!

As you are seeing an access violation when you try to cool down the first gear, you can find some suggestions on how to get rid of that on our access violation help page.

Should you still see the error after following these steps, our Tech Support Team will be more than happy to have a look at that for you!

Good luck!

bfgBiwa

ehlanna
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by ehlanna on Nov 12, 12 1:37 PM
When the girl appears in the window of the school I finish the conversation but it won't allow me to do anything after that. The menu, book, inventory items do not reappear.
I'm playing the hour demo so at least I'm not out any money.

I've done all the things for game freezes etc. Anyone else having this problem?

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Nov 12, 12 4:24 PM
Hi ehlanna,

I'm sorry you're having trouble with this game freezing on you!

Since our troubleshooting steps didn't get things straightened out, it's definitely best to get in touch with our Tech Support Team now. They have the tools to really delve into the problem and can work with you directly to get everything resolved.

You can contact them by clicking here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Thank you!

bfgMonongahela

[Post New]by jrodway on Nov 13, 12 6:49 AM
this game worked alright in trial but i bought the game i got the school i got the keys to the janitors cabinet but they wont open it if this cant be fixed please remove it from my computer and credit my account please thank you [Removed by Moderator]

Edited on 11/13/2012 at 9:39:52 AM PST

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Nov 13, 12 9:45 AM
Hi jrodway,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with the janitor's cabinet!

First, it might help to uninstall and reinstall the game. We go over how to do that in our help article here.

If that doesn't help, please get in touch with our Tech Support Team. They'll be able to take a look at how the game is running on your particular computer and work with you directly to get everything resolved.

You can contact them by clicking here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

Ntrtain
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by Ntrtain on Nov 14, 12 3:49 AM
I found that the error with the cooling down gear wont occur if you talk to the man before using the watering can. Hope that helps others.

[Post New]by wajo427 on Dec 20, 12 12:12 PM
I bought this game and when I got to the bank desk to put in the code it doesn't work.
I can't go any farther with out the the contents of the drawer. I tried reinstalling the game but it didn't help. any suggestions?

jdelbove
Minnow
Minnow
266 Posts

[Post New]by jdelbove on Jan 12, 13 9:41 AM
What's with the crazy floating cursor? Way beyond annoying. Definitely not a buy for me, just too many issues with this game......Sorry :-(

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Jan 12, 13 12:46 PM
Hey there jdelbove,

Definitely weird that there's a floating cursor there!

If you'd like to give the game another go, you could check to see if it's possible to turn off the customer cursor option, as that can sometimes help.

I would also definitely reach out to our Tech Support Team. One of our reps will work with you directly to help get that figured out!

To reach them, please click on the green to the right of the page and then select the Contact Us link to the bottom left.

Thanks!

bfgIzara

hsemse
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by hsemse on Jan 15, 13 7:04 AM
I am having the same problem as everyone else. I get an error and closes when I try and cool down the gear. I have uninstalled and re-installed several times and it still crashes. Is BF trying to fix this issue?

[Post New]by lindakathy on Jan 26, 13 8:22 PM
I am also crashing when I try to cool down the gear.

Go to: