bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Reviews for Time Relics: Gears of Light

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Nov 10, 12 12:39 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Time Relics: Gears of Light? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Time Relics: Gears of Light page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgBaikal

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:Reviews for Time Relics: Gears of Light

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Nov 10, 12 12:40 AM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable to the review thread.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game, what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. This can only help us in continuing to provide better games, which is what we all want!

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgBaikal

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Nov 10, 12 1:13 AM

Played 20 minutes, casual

- 3 modes, casual, advanced, extreme
- Note book, you get crystals that you put in it to know other people thoughts
- H0, you interact in two ways, regular one pushing objects to find another one and in each H0 you have a rune that changes time, brings you in the past where you find the rest of your missing objects
- Hint refill quickly (casual)
- Skip button which I didn't check
- Mini games easy up till what I played
- Music pretty loud when you're supposed to be scared....
- Good graphics
- Looks like a good SE

Gears of light are keeping evil spirits away, of course they get shattered all over the place and you have to find them to save your world. A bit tired of hooded demons threatening to kill me and leaving me unharmed, running to other tasks, but then, if I were killed how would I play ?

Will spend a punch card credit on this one.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Nov 10, 12 1:15 AM
Morning, all...

This review may contain some spoilers, so... beware.

This game has 3 gameplay modes: Casual, Advanced, Extreme.

There is Window, Fullscreen, and Wide Monitor mode.

You have a choice of a large custom cursor, a small custom cursor or the system cursor.

There is Voice-over.

The HOS (hidden object scenes) are interactive.
Objects in yellow need an extra step to find them, and for the objects in blue you will have to find a rune stone, which changes modern objects to olden-days objects, which you need to find.

From what I have seen, the same HOS is played twice in quick succession.

The HINT button is at the right, and takes about 45-50 seconds to refill in Casual mode.

Puzzles can be skipped. The SKIP button takes a good minute to fill in Casual mode.

You will need to find Gears of Light and Echo Crystals.

Your Grimoire (diary) is at the left. Inside you will also find a Clues tab, and tabs for the crystals and gears.

--- --- ---

Graphics are OK and gameplay is OK, but the game is pretty much on the dark side - literally and figuratively speaking.

I wasn't thrown off my chair with excitement while playing the demo. And for once I didn't care for the grim and dark look of this game, especially since I didn't find the gameplay very exciting.
All in all a nice enough game, but I will give it a miss.

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Nov 10, 12 1:24 AM
This game seemed a bit dated. even in advanced mode there were some dreaded sparkles. HO scenes junk pile but interactive.
Graphics quite fuzzy. Too many cut scenes and HO scenes. Would have used a punch voucher on it but for the fact that each time you put an object in the large round purple sphere, it opened the same mini game which was very dull and boring.

Hint system excellent. Linear in game play.

An ok game to pass away a rainy day, but not for me as I lost interest after 45 minutes.

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Nov 10, 12 1:30 AM
Everything about this game is in good order----except the story, which I thought was a mess.
Indeed, it is clear you have to find gears, but the explanations given as to why and what your exact role is are a bit unclear.

But the gameplay itself is good with nice graphics and artwork.

The HOS are interesting with a new quirk thrown in. But I have to say that I think it is lazy of devs to re-use HOS, and this game is guilty of that.

The puzzles are nice with a bit of a challenge.

Widescreen is offered!

Nice voiceovers. (But they only add to the confusion of the story.)

The hint/skip button takes too long to fill.

So, overall, a game with some good and some bad, but I'll still get it with a punch card. Try this one for yourself and see what you think.

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Nov 10, 12 1:41 AM
I did use a punch card too...and I must say I dislike hos that repeat often...takes some of the challenge away when you just left it not long before, and then have to return. Also don't like the main puzzle repetition. If I didn't think much of it the first time, it is just going to irk me even more each time I see it again. I have been skipping a lot of puzzles here lately because so many of them are either move one thing and three others move or those lights that you have to turn all on or off, and of course one affects the others randomly. And I think in the first hour of this one, I have skipped half of the puzzles...so not only is that fun wasted, so if my time while waiting for the skipp button. Other than these the game is ok.

Gdecorso
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Gdecorso on Nov 10, 12 2:13 AM
played 30 minutes, and stopped too buy, Love the hidden object scenes, and the music is what has grabbed me the most, its positively beautiful.

QEIII
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by QEIII on Nov 10, 12 7:15 AM
Too many HOGS for me so won't be getting it BUT...

Best thing about this game is the music. It's sublime.

Anyone know what it is? It sounds like choral music.

read61
Salmon
Salmon
2,775 Posts

[Post New]by read61 on Nov 10, 12 7:45 AM
This game is actually quite good but not spectacular. Logical gameplay and so far the puzzles have been fairly easy, a nice easy game for a Saturday! Sometimes I want something I can play and feel smart about! Will use a PCC on it and enjoy.

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Nov 10, 12 7:49 AM
Only made it through about 30 of the demo and got thoroughly bored. This is such a slow moving game and a little disjointed. There is no map so you basically stumble around with the Hint which refreshes OK. HOS are repetative as is the mini game to go from portal to portal and it is confusing and tedious. Skip refreshes fairly quickly.

Story is bland...more hooded priests or whatever trying to stop the bad guy and some girl pops up and you have no idea what she is doing there. A lot of cut scenes and dialog that weigh the game down. The music is horrible!!!! Had to turn both music and voice-overs off. Not for me...I give this a 1.5 I don't think I would even buy on a DD.

Edited on 11/10/2012 at 7:50:42 AM PST

sunnyglow
Clownfish
Clownfish
804 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyglow on Nov 10, 12 8:46 AM
Wow! Two great HOG games in a row! Loved the CE from Thursday and now I like this game as well. I see there are negative reviews on this games. I do not understand why people do not like this game. It is a new developer which I feel has a great future in gaming. The graphics are clear. I do not have sparkles in my game and I chose the medium level of play. So, maybe you are on the basic level which provides more assistance. I like the idea of HOG scenes being tied to the past and images changing from one period of time to another. If I have a complaint it would only be that it contains more occult elements than I would like, but the storyline is very interesting and the puzzles are well developed as well. I like this game and it, to me, seems to be a mini CE. Kudos to the devs. Hope to see more games from you in the future.

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Nov 10, 12 11:05 AM
Hmmm, very slow moving game. Nice graphice, clear and clean. HOGs simple and okay, games simple. Nothing new in the story line. Music okay.

This game didn't inspire me at all. Seemed more for a beginner than anything else. Not challenging for me, so no buy. Short, simple and to the point today.

As always, try the game for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may find it quite enjoyable. Thanks for the reviews.

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on Nov 10, 12 7:10 PM
When I first started playing, didn't think I was going to like it, but as I played it, it was something that I found I enjoyed. Has good puzzles and story a little different. Graphics aren't bad and music I sorta like. Give this a 3 out of 5 stars.. Nice surprise for the weekend and it's an SE too.

Edited on 11/10/2012 at 7:10:43 PM PST

lym_1609
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
431 Posts

[Post New]by lym_1609 on Nov 11, 12 5:23 AM
WOW! Stunning graphics, better approach to HOS with "hidden" objects within the HOS. Good storyline, lots of mini puzzles that are slightly difficult for some and easy for others.

LOVE!

huffpatsy
Herring
Herring
301 Posts

[Post New]by huffpatsy on Nov 11, 12 8:14 AM
I have to say this is the weirdest game I have played, I already bought it but I really can't say I like it. Just not my type of game. I will attempt to finish it. I certainly would not recommend it.

huffpatsy
Herring
Herring
301 Posts

[Post New]by huffpatsy on Nov 12, 12 11:56 AM
I just finished the game, I guess the biggest problem was really understanding what is going on. I still do not like the game.

nomatt
Herring
Herring
377 Posts

[Post New]by nomatt on Nov 13, 12 1:05 AM
I didn't last long at all. The biggest put off for me was the choice of difficulty. If I choose not to have those stupid sparkles, which I hate, I have the hint button taken off me! What idiot thought of that? Was the game designed by a six year old? "if you don't want sparkles you're not having a hint button, ner ner". If I don't want hints I don't press the hint button, so simple really eh?
Deleted the game, I cannot be bothered with such basic, silly, bad design.

saphhire
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by saphhire on Nov 13, 12 1:15 AM
I have lots of credits so I will splurge on this one(before they expire )
THIS GAME IS NOT REALLY BAD AT ALL

So I am buying it, but I do have a lot of games to play...............
I need to catch up........................
I must say this doesn't compare to the excel games of late, but a decent game to kick back and take a load off, after a hectic day.

ENJOY FISHIES

[Post New]by Underthebridge on Nov 14, 12 2:31 PM
I have to agree with most..this is a rather bland game and lost interest in the demo. .sorry a no buy for me and wouldn't even waste a free credit on this one...

Go to: