[Post New]by cleoladycat on Nov 10, 12 2:10 AM
Any comments fishes?

mary102696
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

Re:Today's DD November 10 12

[Post New]by mary102696 on Nov 10, 12 3:55 AM
Yes! I have a comment. I really really loved this game. It's an iHog with a moderate amount of hidden object scenes. The whole storyline concept had me from the get go and the length was very good as well.

I would definitely recommend trying the demo for yourself today because in my opinion, $2.99 for this game is a steal.

[Post New]by littlegamefisher on Nov 10, 12 5:41 AM
I fully agree with Mary102696. At the DD price, this game is worth getting. I bought it at full-price but don't regret it. It's not perfect but very atmospheric and immersive. My original review is below:

"Overall, I thought the game was atmospheric and exciting. Even though we've seen this type of scenario before, the designers have provided an environment that's creepy and somewhat heart-pounding - reminiscent of "Haunted Halls: Green Hills Sanitarium," though not as polished.

No VO's and limited animation but it still delivers a "you are there" feel through appropriate sound effects and detailed visuals (creepy crawlers throughout - be forewarned.) I thought the H0G scenes were slightly grainy but still clear. If they do get grainier as the game progresses, I may have to eat my words [11.10.12: they don't degrade]. But in the demo, I thought they were challenging but not impossible - and I'm not the best H0G finder. The over-click penalty is generous and quick, and as others note, the hints refill pretty quickly.

It has the usual trappings that bug me like inventory objects that would do the job (an axe on an angry chicken or sealed bag, for example) but you need to find THE right one. And yes, you do a lot of traveling but the log book does a decent job of reminding you of what you need to accomplish.

The most frustrating aspect is the sparkles that you can't opt out of. And as others said, they remain even after you've looked at what they're screaming at.

This looks like a true "try before you buy." Despite some weaknesses, I found the demo fun and will be buying, but given some of the reviews of those who played through, I might end up regretting it. Ultimately though, it seems like an enjoyable ride."

Overall, I didn't regret it. Cheers.

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Nov 10, 12 6:07 AM
Ooooh, a DD that I don't already own! I'm happy.

forneymary
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by forneymary on Nov 10, 12 11:07 AM
a daily deal that i don't already own thats also getting a good review. oh happy day.

NIMHURCHU
Clownfish
Clownfish
744 Posts

[Post New]by NIMHURCHU on Nov 10, 12 6:16 PM
This is a good DD game - well worth the $2.99

Graphics are beautiful and story line is interesting and fun to read.

There are no voiceovers.

Hints refill in about 30 seconds and work outside of Hog scenes.

There is no map, but it is fairly easy to navigate, and the hint button will give you direction, if needed.

The log records the story and interesting information/codes etc. It also provides a choice to view very detailed task lists of things to be completed in each area or when interacting with other characters.

There is no choice for easy or difficult mode. Sparkles cannot be turned off.

Option button includes music, effects and ambient volume, full screen and game cursor.

Hidden Object Scenes: Objects are very well blended in to the scenes, and I found some quite difficult to find.
There are approximately 24 "find items on a list" Hog scenes,
2 "find a certain number of an item" Hog scenes,
1 "silhouette" Hog scene.

Puzzles: There are approximately 14 puzzles throughout the game. They were very simple, and included the usual slider, matching, gears, and lock pick puzzles. Puzzles can be skipped after a 30 second wait time.

There are 5 chapters in the game, and it ended rather abruptly. I was satisfied with the conclusion of the story, but a lot was resolved very quickly in the 5th chapter. It just seem so rushed in comparison to the previous four chapters.

It took me about 3 hours 30 mins to complete the game without skipping puzzles.

There were several times where I actually jumped in my chair as "things" popped out, and as littlegamefisher pointed out there were quite a number of creepy crawlies. I do not like creepy crawlies, but they didn't bother me so much as to stop me from playing this fun game! Give this game a try! I'd give a B+. Voiceovers would have been great !

Go to: