bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Post any Forbidden Secrets: Alien Town Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Nov 11, 12 12:32 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

Re:Post any Forbidden Secrets: Alien Town Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by jkuci on Nov 11, 12 9:03 AM

I really loved this game and I was trying to buy it....unfortunately, when I tried to exit the demo to buy the game, the "menu" button ceased to work (I also noted that the "hint" and "map" buttons ceased to work) so I ended up having to control-alt-delete to exit the game.
Obviously, I didn't buy it.

This occured in the scene just after getting into the hand car and arriving at the door to the railroad station where you put the poster under the door and the rabbit is hopping around outside.

I have a PC running XP with windows 7 - all my drivers are up to date.

_Lulu
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

Re:Post any Forbidden Secrets: Alien Town Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by _Lulu on Nov 11, 12 9:18 AM
Game won't let me create a new player. Doesn't let me type my name.

[Post New]by rsorens on Nov 11, 12 9:18 AM
Has anyone else had trouble retrieving the angel under the grate in the crypt? I have gone back in the guide to make sure I didn't miss any steps. I have uninstalled and reinstalled. I have a PC with windows 7, all drivers up to date. The hint button doesn't seem to be working now either. The map tells me there is something to do in any area I move to when there isn't anything to do. I am thinking it's a glitch in the game.

[Post New]by ghostguide2002 on Nov 11, 12 9:25 AM
I'm having the same problem, I cleared all the debris and the door to the grate does not open.

I didn't think it was a technical issue, but now that there is one more than I, maybe it is a technical issue.

I was going to try to un-install/re-install to see if this takes care of the glitch.

I'll be back with the results, only thing is, I may have to begin it under a different name, that means starting at the beginning ... uggggg

elde
Catfish
Catfish
1,597 Posts

[Post New]by elde on Nov 11, 12 9:30 AM
I'm having the exact same problem with the angel: I moved the debris but can't get to the angel. Hint and map button don't react either....

Before I start all over again, any raction would be welcome.....eagerly awaiting ghosguide's results with restarting

Edit : I use Windows 7 and Mozilla Firefox and everything is up to date.....

Edited on 11/11/2012 at 9:36:53 AM PST

[Post New]by ghostguide2002 on Nov 11, 12 9:44 AM
Didn't work, un-installing/re-installing.

I guess the next step is to start at the beginning ... and see if it happens again!

I'll let ya know when I get to that point again.

I'm with ya'll, everything is up to date, drivers etc. I doubled checked first.

Jud

[Post New]by ghostguide2002 on Nov 11, 12 10:16 AM
Un-install/re-install did not work.

I started with a new name, and it worked.

So anyone of ya'll having problems getting the angel out of the grate .... will have to start from the beginning.

elde
Catfish
Catfish
1,597 Posts

[Post New]by elde on Nov 11, 12 10:29 AM
ghostguide2002 wrote:Didn't work, un-installing/re-installing.

I guess the next step is to start at the beginning ... and see if it happens again!

I'll let ya know when I get to that point again.

I'm with ya'll, everything is up to date, drivers etc. I doubled checked first.

Jud

Tyvm . I was afraid that might be the case ....but hey, I really like this game, so I guess I'll go back to start!

[Post New]by ghostguide2002 on Nov 11, 12 10:39 AM
elde: You're very welcomed.

I too enjoyed it, so starting over went quickly, I remembered where all the hidden objects were so that was a breeze!

Enjoy the game, I'm am ... again! hee hee hee

Jud

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Nov 11, 12 10:42 AM
Regarding the angel in the grate: When you push all the debris away, make sure you really free the grate all the way round. I thought I was done, but noticed that a tiny corner (the top left one) of the grate was still covered with something and had to be removed before I was able to open it.

Hope this helps.

[Post New]by ghostguide2002 on Nov 11, 12 11:40 AM
Yeah, I thought that too, but I had my cursor everywhere, and no debris was left, just a little glitch in my game, but I overcame it! Yay!!!!!

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Nov 11, 12 12:29 PM
Hi Fishies,

It looks like a couple of things came up with this game today.

Thanks for going through our troubleshooting steps of checking for updates and reinstalling the game, though!

If you're still having trouble with the menu items or the hint button, or that particular spot with the angel, please do get in touch with our Tech Support Team. They'll be able to see more about what's going on, and the information they can collect will help pinpoint where the trouble is coming from and even how it might be fixed.

You can read more about how to contact them with that info in the post we've created here.

Thanks so much!

bfgMonongahela

CiChDa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,972 Posts

[Post New]by CiChDa on Nov 11, 12 2:55 PM
From the sounds of these postings, I am glad I am waiting for maybe a sale....Demo is good, but....here is the real world, huh? too bad, as the game starts out well.
I will check the update page in regards to these issues and new versions.

dpanrell
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by dpanrell on Nov 11, 12 3:59 PM
I played the hour without any glitches, so I bought it. When I got to the end of the Amusement Park Chapter (CH. 3 I think), it went straight to the end of the game. Anyone else have this issue?

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Nov 11, 12 5:07 PM
Hi dpanrell,

That is a very unusual issue!

If you haven't already done so, please get in touch with our Tech Support Team and send them a Dr. Felix Report for the game, along with the details of what you experienced. This will help them see what might be going on and, if it is a bigger glitch with the game itself, how it might be fixed.

You can read more about how to contact them with that info in the post we've created here.

Thanks so much!

bfgMonongahela

[Post New]by ghostguide2002 on Nov 11, 12 5:18 PM
dpanrell: Yes, same thing happened to me and I still had stuff in my inventory. Still had the feathers to put on the owl.

I don't get this game ... maybe the bonus chapter will have something to do with it? I just exited out ... didn't even bother with the bonus til tomorrow.

Here's hoping it is not a glitch ... just a weired ending. With inventory items remaining. ???

beckykay
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by beckykay on Nov 11, 12 6:38 PM
just saying - I'm unable to get the angel out of the grate, and there is no debris left anywhere near it. I'm reluctant to file a Dr. Felix report because that requires downloading something....suffice it to say - the game is not working.

schobey
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by schobey on Nov 12, 12 12:22 AM
Also played almost to the end and I went to check out where the alliens statues were put and the ufo, and clicked on the video game (it looked like) went right to the bomb counting down and was the end never got to play till the end, started game over am hoping it works this time. Have new gateway touch screen with wind 7, and 1 t of byte. This has to be a glitch I'm 3rd person having this trouble, so there must be more. Please do update to game and fix this. Thank you. My putter is new so I know everything is up to date. Haven't had any other problems.

Robilyn
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,962 Posts

[Post New]by Robilyn on Nov 12, 12 1:14 AM
I can't get the grate open in the crypt either. I started over with a new profile and the same thing happened again. This is getting to be par for the course with the CE games. We pay extra, and heck yes we expect to be able to play the game when we buy it. Fix it please............................

Go to: