bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Reviews for Inception of Darkness: Exorcist 3

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Nov 12, 12 12:37 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Inception of Darkness: Exorcist 3? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Inception of Darkness: Exorcist 3 page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgBiwa

Edited on 11/12/2012 at 1:23:42 AM PST

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Re:Reviews for Inception of Darkness: Exorcist 3

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Nov 12, 12 12:37 AM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable to the review thread.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game, what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. This can only help us in continuing to provide better games, which is what we all want!

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgBiwa

Edited on 11/12/2012 at 2:12:07 AM PST

DethRow
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by DethRow on Nov 12, 12 12:46 AM

Edited on 11/12/2012 at 2:12:50 AM PST

slimjims36
Clownfish
Clownfish
526 Posts

[Post New]by slimjims36 on Nov 12, 12 12:49 AM

Edited on 11/12/2012 at 2:14:29 AM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Nov 12, 12 1:13 AM
Good morning, all...

There are 3 gameplay modes.

There is a choice of custom and system cursor.

There is widescreen.

There is voice-over.

Your diary in form of a scroll is at the left.

Your hint button is at the right. It shows you exactly where to go when used outside of the HOS (hidden object scenes).

Inside the HOS, the hint button refills within 20 seconds in Casual mode. When used outside of the HOS, the hint button refills instantly.

The HOS are interactive, frequent, and you have to find objects in the same HOS, which have rather crude graphics.

Puzzles can be skipped. The skip button takes about a minute to fill in Casual mode.

There is no map other than one that takes you through the woods to get to another place, to be used once only.

--- --- ---

I found myself bored pretty quickly with this game. There was nothing fun or exciting about it, and on top of that, I didn't much care for the graphics either. So I will give this one a miss.

Edited on 11/12/2012 at 4:53:02 AM PST

gamergirl675
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,156 Posts

[Post New]by gamergirl675 on Nov 12, 12 1:28 AM
Ok I'm done. I really wanted to like this game... and it started out well with widescreen, voiceover, nice graphics... but when I'm playing a GAME and solving PUZZLES then there needs to be at least a little bit of logic in the gameplay. It doesn't have to be real but it needs to follow the logic of the world it's set in.

So this just set me over the edge and I decided that was it... like Popeye... it's all I can stands I can't stands no more!

Hightlight to read since it could be a spoiler albeit a minor one since it's near the start of the game... SO we're playing along and it's called the Excorcist so you expect spooky stuff no problem. But all of a sudden we're expect to interact with a dead soldier and somehow "trade" for his weapon. Next thing you know we're supposed to put a brick into the skeletons mouth and have him grind it down into a lighter?!??!?!?! FIrst of all there is NO WAY that anyone could grind something into a LIGHTER and even if they could how the heck do they expect it to light without lighter fluid hmmmm????? Grrrr. Idiocy.

ETA: Someone pointed out that it's actually bread... I know... I was just being silly because it looked like a brick. But I should have been more clear... sorry about that. And making a lighter or a lighter baked into bread... either way totally illogical. Aside from WHY a lighter would be baked into bread then how about the fact that if it had lighter fluid which it must since you use it as is to light the lantern then why didn't it explode or burn up by being baked??? DUMB.

HOW FREAKIN' STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That was it for me... Done over finite!!!

Edited on 11/12/2012 at 2:29:37 AM PST

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Nov 12, 12 1:56 AM
Assuming this is the correct place for this, I'll just post this review here.

I enjoyed the first 2 Exorcist games (despite less than glowing reviews), and this one is a considerable step up from those 2 games. The story is better, the graphics are better, the HOS are better, and the puzzles are better----in fact, the puzzles might frustrate some players, but I like the more difficult puzzles.
Now that being said, I will admit that not everyone will find these "Exorcist" games to be to their liking, but if you like "dark and eerie" this game is a good choice.

As the exorcist you have been called in by an old friend to find a missing boy, using your particular skills and abilities that I assume any exorcist worth his/her artifacts would have. And so the search is on, with a general air of spooky doings as soon as the game begins. So the story, just as the first two, had me immediately.

There are some voiceovers.

And the game opens in WIDESCREEN. There are now more devs doing this than not, and kudos to all who are taking care of this. Surely one day soon the othERS will recognize this trend.

The hint system is very helpful and very quick, and this keeps the game moving at a good pace.

So for fans of this series, or fans of the "dark and eerie", this game is a winner, and a buy for me.

AvgSpock
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,044 Posts

[Post New]by AvgSpock on Nov 12, 12 1:56 AM
I also really wanted to like this game. I entered into it with high hopes since I enjoyed the other 2, although the 2nd was better than the 1st.

I was disappointed in most of it. The story seemed to be starting off well enough so, that wasn't the problem.

I did not enjoy being started off with a puzzle first thing, even though I love puzzles. I could easily overlook that small annoyance but the HO scenes are not particularly pleasant and it's very hard for me to discern some things. I love them to be challenging but, I still want to be able to identify items when I see them.

Something was just off with the villian's constant appearances. It failed to illicit anything from me. Perhaps, the graphics were lacking or I just didn't feel involved enough. I'm not sure.

This is one of those games where I wish that I could re-demo somewhere down the line to see if it's me having an off day or if I just dislike the game.

Unfortunately, since I really hoped to like it, I used up the whole hour already and still failed to be able to enjoy it.

However, for me the spoiler gamergirl just posted was my favorite part. I only wish that they hadn't helped me so much with the black bar info. I would have enjoyed it more trying to discover that on my own. At least it was different than the norm.

highlight to read spoiler:

It is my understanding that the lighter was baked into the bread and he was simply removing the bread from it with his teeth.

JulieJay
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

[Post New]by JulieJay on Nov 12, 12 1:57 AM
LOL gamergirl. It was a stale loaf of bread and he wasn't grinding it down to MAKE a lighter, he was grinding(?) it down because the lighter was INSIDE the bread. Still amounts to same lot of nonsense. Ha ha ha.

I was looking forward to trying this when I seen it as I had thoroughly enjoyed Exorcist 1 and 2. Unfortunately they've tried to bring it up to date gameplaywise and I think they've spoilt the series as they didn't do a very good job. This has happened before with the Azada series. Why try and fix what's not broken?

Hidden Object Puzzle Adventure which may have you tearing your hair out with all the backwards and forwards with no map. HO scenes were okay and were interactive. Enjoyed the puzzles I came across in the demo. Started off with a voiceover then turned to LOTS of written dialogue. Why?

It's an okay game but I wasn't jumping out of my seat with excitement. In fact, a lot of the SE games recently have been a bit blah. I've got a PCC that expires in 2 days so I may use it for this.

findlaybears
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by findlaybears on Nov 12, 12 1:58 AM

Edited on 11/12/2012 at 2:31:38 AM PST

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Nov 12, 12 1:59 AM
Played 20 minutes casual

-3 modes, casual, expert, professional

- Voice overs

- Note book (scroll)

- Hint is useful outside H0

- Interesting mini games (only came across one the time I played)

- H0, you interact

- Good graphics

Another exorcist story, I have the first two and I will spend a punch card credit on this one. No everyday that we get a decent SE.

Gamergirl, it's not a brick he's chewing, it's an old moldy bread, the lighter is inside it....
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Whited it on purpose.....

Edited on 11/12/2012 at 2:00:00 AM PST

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Nov 12, 12 2:04 AM
I really wanted to like this game enough to use a punch. Started off ok, but even though I chose advanced level of play, 30 mins into the trial the dreaded sparkles started to appear.

Just can't be doing with sparkles, and no way once into the game, to check on the game mode or change it.

Silly storyline, but that's ok. Music a bit annoying. Far too much hand holding: it get's very boring to be told each move. I think we know we need a screwdriver for screws, oil for an empty lamp. Nothing new in this game.

saphhire
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by saphhire on Nov 12, 12 4:24 AM
The 2nd of the series I think was the best of the lot. Very dark scenes, do not play this in the sun, you won't see a thing.
What is a nike?( I had to look it up Greek myth yikes)its a winged goddess, well the nike in the game has no wings or arms.
I'm not even going to try and finish the demo. Who knows what they will ask for next, it sure will be something you don't hear of a lot or something you never heard of..............orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr something that doesn't look like its suppose to.

NOPE NO BUY

cathyok
Minnow
Minnow
208 Posts

[Post New]by cathyok on Nov 12, 12 7:27 AM
I couldn't have said it any better then you did Poutoule. The only thing I can think to add is if you do not like HOGs then you probably will not enjoy this one. I have the first two and I do not remember them being so full of HOGs. Other then that I kinda like this game.

Eoarod
Flounder
Flounder
2,391 Posts

[Post New]by Eoarod on Nov 12, 12 8:14 AM
This will be a buy for me - but - if I didn't have a couple game credits laying around and wasn't a fan of the series; it would likely sit in GM waiting for a sale. It's a good game, but not a "jump up and down" game. I think my main pain point is it runs a bit "jerkily" - not a really hinky cursor...but scene transitions, movie transitions etc are not smooth...yesterday's CE really spoiled us

Good plot - esp. if you're one of us who can't resist the old "archeological dig unearths something it so should not have!" plot line an oldie, but a goodie (pun intended!!). The H0 scenes have some good interaction & do make you think! Quite a bit of "to and fro" even in the demo - so this may be one where you don't find things you need immediately and/or use things you find immediately - this always makes more of a challenge! Puzzles are on the tricky side - this is neither a particular plus nor minus for me...but be aware

Give this one a go, you just may get drawn into the mystery!

Happy Gaming!

[Post New]by putter1956 on Nov 12, 12 8:53 AM
really nice game!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Nov 12, 12 11:14 AM
Wow, not sure where to start on this one. Not a bad game, but not a good one either. Very simple game play. Graphics okay, but a bit grainy in spots, music boring. Depserately needs some voice-overs to keep your attention. No real sound FX either.

Games very simple, HOGs dark and a bit junky. Nice hint system that recovers quite quickly.

This game just didn't challenge me at all, nor did it keep my attention. It would be a very nice game for a beginner, but not for a seasoned gamer. Too bad, we need some SEs so I can use up all of my credits. I have 5 punch card credits sitting here now and if I don't get some nice SE games real soon, I will lose them. That will not make me happy.

As always, try the game for yourself. We all have different tastes in games and you may find it quite enjoyable. Thanks for the reviews.

Edited: Too bad we can't use our punch card credits to "buy" a game credit. They're worth the same amount of money, so why not. Food for thought.

Edited on 11/12/2012 at 11:22:13 AM PST

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Nov 12, 12 5:04 PM
I used a PCC to purchase this game purely because the puzzles that I came across in the demo appealed to me.

The game filled my widescreen monitor, thank you devs , and I was also pleased to see that the hidden object scenes were interactive but I was less enamoured to find that you played some of those scenes twice.

I felt that the graphics were a bit too dark to be really comfortable at times with although thankfully there weren't too many dark objects hidden on the really dark parts of the HO scenes but even so my eyes are glad that I have finished playing it.

Overall it wasn't a bad game and I don't regret buying it.

Cherb

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on Nov 13, 12 2:22 PM
This game was not one that I enjoyed. I only played 30 min and couldn't stand any more. Thought it would improve, but it didn't. Just didn't make any sense to me and won't buy this one..

Penny1942
Clownfish
Clownfish
554 Posts

[Post New]by Penny1942 on Nov 14, 12 7:52 PM
After completing this game I d/l the files of the first two from my cache on BF, lined them up and was not too happy to find that the graphics, throughout years taken to build the three games, have not improved. Two was an improvement over the first but certainly not enough to sway my opinion and after looking at a couple of other games put out by the same developer I've come to the conclusion that I won't be purchasing any of theirs in the future. Graphics was my only complaint about the game and since I play HOG almost exclusively for the sake of my eyesight I will be more selective in the future.

Go to: