Debbie387
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

Finished ....

[Post New]by Debbie387 on Feb 14, 09 4:51 AM
Have just finished this game in timed mode, on the whole I enjoyed it but it has the usual problem that most of the HO's have at the moment
- objects too small
- clicking on the item to collect it - I found it hit and miss
- penalty on clicking wrongly

Also disliked having to go through the character introduction each time I started up the game - no skip option available

The mini games of blood type and capturing cell samples drove me nuts, but at least you could skip those, especially the cell samples - time was too short

I might play through again in relaxed mode.

What do you fishies think of it ?

Re:Finished ....

[Post New]by catsholidayhome on Feb 14, 09 5:13 AM
Playing in in relaxed mode - it seems quite good. You can skip the beginning titles by hitting the spacebar - works on mine. No penalties for incorrect clicking in relaxed version. Gets a for me.

Momhart
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,296 Posts

[Post New]by Momhart on Feb 14, 09 6:24 AM
I played in the timed mode and had no problems, except in the Audio Clue section. The clues didn't really sound like what the object was. I still made it through, but, I hit the hint from the start of that round. I didn't use the hints very often through out the rest of the game.

Not a bad game.

Edited on 02/14/2009 at 6:25:08 AM PST

[Post New]by karmagurl59 on Feb 14, 09 7:35 AM
Is this game very long?? How many cases are there? I've played the demo and got to the little boy, but I dont want to purchase the game if I almost finished it.

[Post New]by murrypscs on Feb 14, 09 7:55 AM
I played the demo and really enjoyed it... I'm playing on relaxed mode. I will say that I'm glad. While, it is a lot of fun, the game can be a bit frustrating. Sometimes I have to click on something several times or in a slightly different location before the game recognizes that it is the correct item etc. The mini games are amusing although not as in depth as I might have liked. I enjoyed the demo. I'm tempted to use my credit for the game. Like others, I worry about the length of the game. Fun nonetheless.

anf1y
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by anf1y on Feb 14, 09 6:44 PM
Sorry to be a misery but I really didn't enjoy the demo. Picking the objects was far too fussy - the poison symbol in the curry restaurant was obvious, but would it accept my clicks? NO. I used the hint, thinking I must be trying the wrong thing and it then picked it up quite happily! Found the medical innacuracies a bit odd - who uses a stethoscope for stomach compressions? What are they anyway? Who bruises that fast? And the poor chap was on and off steroids every few minutes! No wonder he's in a coma!!! Still hunting for a game to match Return to Ravenhearst and the Syberia ones ... off on the hunt again!

nixyseven
Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

[Post New]by nixyseven on Feb 15, 09 2:32 AM
Agreed... clicking was farrrr too fussy, and to be clicking on the right thing and yet get a penalty because I was a few pixels off was really annoying.

I got what I figured was most of the way through the first case in the trial period. Decided not to buy it because of fiddly controls and I thought the hidden object was too easy in most cases. On the other hand the audio clues were horrible. I basically just started clicking on things in the room that I knew made a sound, and sure enough, I got most of them that way, and used hints for the rest. So... not really a puzzle game but a clicking game.

Hated the mini games too. Ugh.

sammiekatz
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by sammiekatz on Feb 15, 09 2:33 AM
I hated it - it was boring and way too short and there are so many mistakes on the game makers part. Waste of money for me.!!!

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Feb 15, 09 3:14 AM
I've just finished and I loved it! You are right about the size of the objects/mini games/clicking on the right spot probs, but it was a fun game and beautiful to look at. There are 3 cases. 2-3 hours? is that about right?

Go to: