bfgTokoro
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,111 Posts

Reviews for Zodiac Prophecies: The Serpent Bearer

[Post New]by bfgTokoro on Nov 13, 12 12:37 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Zodiac Prophecies: The Serpent Bearer? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Zodiac Prophecies: The Serpent Bearer page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgTokoro

bfgTokoro
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,111 Posts

Re:Reviews for Zodiac Prophecies: The Serpent Bearer

[Post New]by bfgTokoro on Nov 13, 12 12:38 AM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable to the review thread.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game, what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. This can only help us in continuing to provide better games, which is what we all want!

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgTokoro

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Nov 13, 12 12:51 AM
Played 20 minutes, relaxed

- 2 modes, relaxed, advanced

- Task button on the right side of the screen

- Note book

- Map, you get one shortly after starting the game, you can jumps from one location to the other

- Voice overs

- Hint button useful outside H0

- Skip button

- H0, you interact objects are sometimes pretty small

- Good mini games

- You get an owl after a while, shows you locations of interest

- Beautiful, fairyland graphics

A dark Lord overtook another world and is now trying to invade yours. You're traveling to this strange world to stop him, a little girl's ghost shows you the way. A nice little game, well worth trying.

Edited on 11/13/2012 at 12:52:49 AM PST

nomatt
Herring
Herring
377 Posts

[Post New]by nomatt on Nov 13, 12 12:51 AM
I think this game is wearing flares and platform shoes. I tried it, I hoped it would get better with a puzzle but it was so easy as to be pointless. Maybe some like old fashioned games but not for me thanks.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Nov 13, 12 12:56 AM
Morning, all...

There are 2 gameplay modes: Relaxed and Advanced.

There is a choice of custom and system cursor.

There is voice-over.

There is an option for Widescreen. If it works for you, great.

Your Diary is at the left. Inside you will also find tabs for your Tasks and your Map, which shows you where you are, where actions need to be taken, and you can use it to jump. The Map itself is also separately accessable at the left.

At the right is your Hint button in form of a Crysal Ball. It also works beautifully outside of the HOS (hidden object scenes).

Beneath the Hint button you will see a TASK tab. It's the same as the one in your diary, just separately accessable.

You can lock or unlock your Inventory list, so that it stays on top or goes below until needed.

The HOS are partly interactive.

Puzzles can be skipped.

I am happy to see that both the Hint and Skip buttons fill within 30 seconds or less in Relaxed mode.

--- --- ---

Graphics are very nicely done, and I am happy to say that I enjoy this game. It has in some parts an old-game feel, but gameplay is fun and interesting, and I am off to get it.

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on Nov 13, 12 1:20 AM
Poutoule and Valdy have already done a great job on the description of the game! Thank you very much!

I will just add that I am quite enjoying it and the colorful, fairyland graphics (thanks, Toule) do fill my 23" widescreen completely after I unclicked the widescreen button!

The gameplay is smooth, the music is theme appropriate IMO and I like it.

I have had no tech problems and it is a buy for me.

I say give it a try, and, as always make up your own mind!

BK

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Nov 13, 12 1:40 AM
Good enough for a pcc. Graphics are decent, I like these storylines, and although I didn't play long enough to encounter the map or the owl, I had to stop and get the full game. It filled my widescreen, after I unticked 'widescreen', lol. Music fits so far, and I am intrigued. Just because something may have some older qualities doesn't mean that is doesn't have any value...and that goes for people too

I went back and played a bit more. And I continue to like what I see. The fantasy like, whimsical quality of the other world appeals to me. Hos are good, and although I haven't encountered that many real puzzles, yet, that is not always a bad thing. Especially when some of the games lately have been more puzzle than anything else. I think this one is a good one

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Nov 13, 12 1:51 AM
This is a game that could have been great but falls short!

There is too much of an old school feel to it----"gather your things", gear puzzle, both elements in the very first scene. But it picks up when you get to the land that you are to rescue.

No working widescreen (and declicking the "widescreen" option does nothing)----programming with a lack of attention to detail. Too bad, because the art work and color choices would have made a gorgeous widescreen presentation. Not really a deal breaker for a SE game----just makes you wonder why some devs don't take care of this detail when the majority of the astute devs do.

The game control is a bit slow to respond----like you sometimes saw with older games.

Although the colors and scenery are very pretty and unique, they tend to not be as sharp as we have come to expect.

I get the feeling this one may have been "on the shelf" for a considerable length of time, then picked up, polished a bit, and released. At least it looks that way to me----it just looks old.

But, in spite of the negatives listed here, it's worth a coupon to me, just a shame because it could have been a knockout game, but the devs chose not to select that route, they just settled on what you see.

Edited on 11/13/2012 at 9:22:49 PM PST

mmemubon
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Removed by Moderator]

[Post New]by mmemubon on Nov 13, 12 1:55 AM

Edited on 11/13/2012 at 2:18:44 AM PST

janspack
Herring
Herring
338 Posts

One of your post has been edited

[Post New]by janspack on Nov 13, 12 2:15 AM

Edited on 11/13/2012 at 2:31:36 AM PST

edmee1947
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Removed by Moderator]

[Post New]by edmee1947 on Nov 13, 12 2:21 AM

Edited on 11/13/2012 at 2:35:31 AM PST

saphhire
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by saphhire on Nov 13, 12 2:46 AM
This does feel like an oldie made newie. The graphics are quiet colorful and it does have a jump map,( which my sneaks are worn out) so thats a plus.

BEWARE OF THE HEAVY FLASHES FOR THOSE THAT
ARE SENSITIVE TO THEM

IT'S A BUY FOR ME nice use of a punch

CasualGran
Herring
Herring
324 Posts

[Post New]by CasualGran on Nov 13, 12 3:56 AM
Cbtx summed it all up nicely. Good game, but a bit slow in respond and not as crisp as we're used to these days. But I'lld like to add that I do like the atmosphere of this game and the style of the graphics. It's made pretty decent. In other words: it's a buy!

out of 5

ETA: I've got no glitches or problems whatsoever with this game. And it plays full screen on my monitor after unchecking the wide screen box. I'm using Windows 8 Professional.

Edited on 11/13/2012 at 6:22:06 AM PST

Nortank
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by Nortank on Nov 13, 12 4:32 AM
I find the frequent interruptions for dialogue that really is just repeating instructions or story annoying.

The transitions in scenes is slow.

I have a large screen and the graphics were grainy.

Many of the hidden objects were just small, not hidden.

I had by then decided not to buy, but, to top it all off, I was half way through the demo when the music switched itself on and there was no moving of any sliders to get it to shut off - and the music was annoying.

This is the third game in a week that is full of glitches. I, sadly, already bought 2 of them before I got stuck because of the glitches. Glad I experienced the glitch in the demo this time round.

To be honest, I am becoming wary of buying games now - I feel like a beta-tester!

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Nov 13, 12 5:27 AM

Edited on 11/14/2012 at 1:08:48 AM PST

pidgie65
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by pidgie65 on Nov 13, 12 5:46 AM
I also want to thank Nortank and echo the review. I do not listen to the music when I play games (even if the music is great) and the inability to shut off the music found me stopping a game I was otherwise mildly enjoying, Definitely not a buy for me as a result.

Nortank
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by Nortank on Nov 13, 12 7:43 AM

Edited on 11/14/2012 at 1:28:05 AM PST

BereniceP
Minnow
Minnow
227 Posts

[Post New]by BereniceP on Nov 13, 12 7:54 AM
I found the constant cut scenes extremely annoying. Far, far too many. Also my map did not display the ! to show you where there was a task available. That was also quite annoying. I like being able to switch locations on a map instead of walking from scene to scene, but if it is not displaying where there is something to do, how do you know where to go?

This is a no buy for me I am afraid. Will not even use a coupon code on it. I am getting a bit fed up with this genre of hog there are far too many and I found the graphics on this game not "fairy taleish" as so many of you have but rather confusing and too fantasy-like.

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Nov 13, 12 11:25 AM
Simple little game, perfect for a rainy, no brainer day like today. Very nice graphics and game play. Music nice and can be turned down, as I always do (I prefer light background sound). Very nice voice-overs, although the pitch of the little girl's voice is a bit annoying. A little more talking than I care for and not real challenging, but that's what I'm looking for today.

Haven't used the map, but it looks like it is a jump map, which I really love. HOGs have some very small and hard to see items, but okay. Fast hint recovery and very helpful. A lot of shoe leather in this one, but very enjoyable. A nice little SE for a change and a definite buy for me today.

As always, try it for yoursel and see if it is right for you. We all have different tastes in games and you may not care for this one at all. Thanks for the reviews.

cathyok
Minnow
Minnow
208 Posts

[Post New]by cathyok on Nov 13, 12 12:15 PM
This is a wonderful game that should catch just about everyones attention. The moment the game started the graphics grab you as they are so amazing.
The little girl whose world you are charged with saving is adorable. There is a map to go to different locations quickly. The hint button recharges very fast and even works outside the hos. The story is well laid out and the game play is done in a logical manner so it flows smoothly. There are so many cute little creatures you meet along the way that help to enhance the story even more. If nothing else at least give it a try I think you will really like this game.

Go to: