bfgTokoro
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,111 Posts

Reviews for Rune Stones Quest

[Post New]by bfgTokoro on Nov 13, 12 1:13 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Rune Stones Quest? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Rune Stones Quest page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgTokoro

Edited on 11/13/2012 at 1:13:38 AM PST

bfgTokoro
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,111 Posts

Re:Reviews for Rune Stones Quest

[Post New]by bfgTokoro on Nov 13, 12 1:14 AM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable to the review thread.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game, what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. This can only help us in continuing to provide better games, which is what we all want!

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgTokoro

boofycat
Minnow
Minnow
267 Posts

[Post New]by boofycat on Nov 13, 12 1:28 AM
Played 40 mins of trial. What could have been a nice little M3 was spoiled by the appearance of swarms of "pests" that could not be disposed of by making matches near or even in them. Pity but its no buy for me.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Nov 13, 12 3:42 AM
Morning, all...

I too was disappointed in this M3 game. It could have been a little gem, but isn't.

Gameplay was somewhat clumsy, and I had to wait to do another match until all the tiles finished falling down. Practically all M3 games these days allow you to continue to make matches while other tiles are still falling.

The "pests" that come about (a spider was the first one) seem to lose their purpose, because I am sure that after a while their webs disintegrated again after a while if I didn't make a match over them. But I thought that was a nice touch, making it a little more difficult.

The game consists of you having to collect so-and-so-many pieces of wood, stone, honey, etc, in order to build a town. However, there isn't much fun in all this, and I got bored very quickly.

Some gamers may enjoy this game, but I didn't. Alas...

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Nov 13, 12 10:18 AM
I played the game for awhile, I thought it became boring, The game just did not have that wow factor and kept my interest..I do love match 3 games,,I must admit the graphics was beautiful and i did like the sounds.. Thx Dev's and BF better luck next time..

Bink_In_AK
Minnow
Minnow
237 Posts

[Post New]by Bink_In_AK on Nov 13, 12 2:37 PM

Edited on 12/03/2012 at 10:38:32 AM PST

Cornishwizard
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by Cornishwizard on Nov 13, 12 3:31 PM
Yes, I agree with previous comments. The game is easy to play, that could be considered a minus point by some, but for gaining megga minus points it has to that the game is so boring. No fun whatsover.
Sorry guys but I will not be buying this game.

[Post New]by OliverSouth on Nov 17, 12 10:55 AM
This was like playing a match three when Big Fish first came out. Not my cup of tea and a disappointing download.

dalaenadm
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by dalaenadm on Nov 20, 12 10:40 AM
I did NOT complete the 1 hour demo, but since I love Match 3 games, I tried to do so.

Things that I enjoyed:

1) The initial graphics were beautiful. Having said that, the board tiles were horrible!
2) The actual match 3 part worked fine.
3) The quests were very easy to understand and accomplish.
Unfortunately, there were a lot of features that I did not like.
1) Though i said I liked some of the graphics, other graphics were terrible. I wonder if this was some sort of mobile port because the tile graphics were overly simple, flat, and pixelated.
2) There's no matching during a cascade. If you get a good cascade, you sit there and wait for it to finish.
3) There were no rewards for big matches early on in the game. Maybe they come later. I didn't make it to that part.
4) There's very little in way of explanation as to what I was doing. Now, it's a match 3, so I know that I'm matching. My problem was knowing what I was trying to accomplish overall.
5) Once I clicked on a tile, it stuck to my cursor. This is completely a personal thing, but I don't really like that at all for my Match 3.

I was sadly disappointed by this one. Again, some of the graphics were GORGEOUS, but the board is what I have to look at most. I wish they'd spent a little bit more time on it.

-----

This was my initial review. I read in someone else's review that the flat tiles actually look really good on a 3D screen, but I didn't even know that it was a 3D game. That wouldn't have changed my game-play issues, but I wouldn't have had such a problem with the graphics.

Maybe the developers could allow players to pick "modes"? Maybe it was in the intro and I just missed it. I'm not sure.

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Nov 27, 12 8:57 AM
Sometimes I just like a "mindless" M3 and since this is
on the CYBER sale, I bought it today for $2.99.

GMSlave
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by GMSlave on Dec 19, 12 2:33 PM
This is an incredibly boring game. I played it to the end so I really did give it a chance. I'm sorry that I bought it but you win some,you lose some. I would recommend it for a 5 year old, it's calming & non violent and slow moving.

Go to: