Cannot find my way to Nestor

[Post New]by art_student1 on Nov 13, 12 11:53 AM
SO I followed the "strategy guide" (OMG I cannot believe I paid for that thing) on how to get to switch to Nestor while in the bunker. the only problem is the walkway or metal is all broken up with big gaps in it I cannot get across. I cannot go any further in the game until I get Nestor back (cant recruit anything). Can anyone tell me what to do or how to get across the big gaps in the walkway. it is the area with the skeletons.

ksjp17
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

Re:Cannot find my way to Nestor

[Post New]by ksjp17 on Nov 14, 12 12:01 AM
Bit confused here, as there are no "gaps" in the bunker. You just follow the paths round with no jumping or anything. Can you be more precise about which map you are on?

[Post New]by art_student1 on Nov 14, 12 7:42 AM
Thank you so much for responding. After Nestor was taken by Godiva I went to Burroughs. I explored it all and then found the bunker. from the entrance of the bunker I followed the strategy guides directions to where you are supposed to "switch from Katie to Nestor to see how he is doing". The directions show that from the entrance which is bunker #1 I go down to #3 then down to #5 then right to #7 then down to #10 then right to #12 (it is here that the back ground is pitch black and there is a metal grating walkway) then right to #15 (which is where you fight your first skeleton) then right to #19. Although I am supposed to continue going right through two more rooms, it is in bunker 19 that there are gaps in the metal grating walkway and I can go no further. the strategy guide has pretty blurry and awful screen shots but I can see that there doesn't seem to be any gaps in the picture. I thought it might be a problem or glitch in that one game so I started over and unfortunately have encountered the same problem. I hope that was specific enough, and I really appreciate any help you can give me.

ksjp17
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

[Post New]by ksjp17 on Nov 15, 12 12:08 AM
I've had a close look at the maps in the developer's version of the Guide because that's clear and unfortunately I don't have a save file near the point where you are.

There are definitely no gaps in the pathway, but there is a junction. The lower path leads to a dead end. To be absolutely clear, the route from where you enter the second map is:
Down, right and step onto the metal grating walkway. That walkway goes:
right, up, right, down a fraction, right to the junction. Then go up and right until you reach a room with 3 paths.
The top and bottom are dead ends, the middle takes you to the point where you switch.

[Post New]by art_student1 on Nov 15, 12 2:39 AM
Thank you so much for your help and your time. Unfortunately even after following you very detailed directions I still wound up at bunker 19 that had gaps in the walkway. The only thing I can think of is that it is a glitch in the game. I am going to uninstall and then re-install. If that doesn't work, can you suggest my next course of action? Should I just contact Big Fish Technical Support or something? Again, thank you so much for all of your time

ksjp17
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

[Post New]by ksjp17 on Nov 15, 12 3:11 AM
If reinstalling still doesn't work I'm not sure the BF technical support will be able to help. You might need to contact the developer on his website. I have always found the people there very helpful.

EDIT
I've taken my party back into the bunker, and I think I see what's happened. When you get to a gap like that press your action key (I'm using the keyboard, so it's enter or the space bar. If you're using a mouse, it's one of the buttons). Katie then simply jumps the gap. Done.

You will have lots of places like that where Katie jumps. There is also an artifact in Marmarosa Ruins which enables you to jump even bigger gaps and so get some excellent items. See the thread "Jumping on Mt Horus"

Edited on 11/15/2012 at 3:24:16 AM PST

Go to: