bfgTokoro
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,111 Posts

Post any Web of Deceit: Black Widow technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgTokoro on Nov 14, 12 12:33 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

ginny46
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

Re:Post any Web of Deceit: Black Widow technical issues here only

[Post New]by ginny46 on Nov 14, 12 9:34 PM
Is anyone else having an error access violation code in chapter 5? Game kicks me out when I try entering the house after the butterfly puzzle.

podette
Clownfish
Clownfish
527 Posts

[Post New]by podette on Nov 15, 12 12:31 AM
I am getting that as soon as i talk to undertakers wife!!!!!!!

podette
Clownfish
Clownfish
527 Posts

[Post New]by podette on Nov 15, 12 12:32 AM
I am getting that as soon as i talk to undertakers wife!!!

vakrow
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

[Post New]by vakrow on Nov 15, 12 5:13 AM
same here as soon as I enter the House nr the fire Station Violation error then the game completly freezes

vakrow
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

[Post New]by vakrow on Nov 15, 12 5:14 AM
same here Violation error the games freezes

hambon
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by hambon on Nov 15, 12 5:48 AM
I'm having the same problem. At Firehouse and hint shows to go to the house between the Firehouse and the burned house. The game FREEZES. I un installed and reinstalled. Still freezes. Please advise me. This is so fustrating......

Vaugh
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,254 Posts

[Post New]by Vaugh on Nov 15, 12 9:26 AM
Same here too. House between firehouse and house that is on fire. Anyone get an answer to this problem?

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Nov 15, 12 11:33 AM
Hi Fishies,

I'm sorry to hear that some of you are running into problems with access violation errors when playing the game. Access violation errors can be caused by a couple different things, but the steps on our help article here may help with that:

Access Violation

If those recommendations aren't working, please let our Tech Support Team know what's happening. Including details about when the error is occurring and what it says will help them greatly in determining the cause of the issue. We want to be able to get you back to enjoying the game as quickly as possible!

I hope that helps,

bfgSeine

jackryan
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by jackryan on Nov 15, 12 12:35 PM
The same thing is happening to me, game crashes when I try to enter the building by the fire station

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Nov 15, 12 1:30 PM
Hi jackryan,

I'm sorry to hear that's happening. If you're seeing an access violation error when that happens, the above post linking to our help article may be useful. If the tips in that help article are not working, you might also check out this help article here, which covers basic troubleshooting steps for game crashes:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If none of those recommendations are helping, our Tech Support Team will be more than happy to assist you further.

I hope we can get that working for you quickly!

bfgSeine

mouseclick2
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by mouseclick2 on Nov 17, 12 4:27 PM
I too get the above access error trying to enter the house to the left of the Fire Station. The game was playing perfectly until this point at least for me. I did a reinstall as suggested and it did not alleviate the error. With a common theme to work with now, perhaps tech support can work their magic and fix this snafu. Can someone at Big Fish post a fix when it is found so that we can get back to enjoying a game that seems to be barely at the 1/2 mark at this point of access error.

mbmb6868
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by mbmb6868 on Nov 17, 12 5:48 PM
Having the same issue with the butterfly house. Let's hope there's a fix on the way.

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Nov 18, 12 5:51 AM
Heya Fishies,

Sorry to hear that the access violation caught you as well!

As it seems that you have already tried all the steps that we suggested it would be great if you could get in touch with our dedicated Tech Support Team. By also including a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report you will help them to reply to you even faster as they will have all information right at hand.

Thanks!

bfgBiwa

[Post New]by falgoutsr on Nov 19, 12 9:03 AM
Has anyone talked to tech support about the problem entering house next to fire house....if so please post if they're working on it so we don't have to go there...thanks.

[Post New]by aidensgram2003 on Nov 19, 12 10:29 AM
mouseclick2 wrote:I too get the above access error trying to enter the house to the left of the Fire Station. The game was playing perfectly until this point at least for me. I did a reinstall as suggested and it did not alleviate the error. With a common theme to work with now, perhaps tech support can work their magic and fix this snafu. Can someone at Big Fish post a fix when it is found so that we can get back to enjoying a game that seems to be barely at the 1/2 mark at this point of access error.

I have the same problem and now i had to re-uninstall the game because it locked up my entire system. Please fix BFG i was so enjoying this game.!!!

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Nov 19, 12 11:21 AM
Hi aidensgram2003 and falgoutsr,

It does look like we're still collecting information about that particular issue. So if you haven't already done so, please run a Dr. Felix Report and send it in to our Tech Support Team.

These reports will give us very valuable information about the game that we need to help pinpoint where the issue is coming from and even how it might be fixed.

It is also very beneficial for us to have as many Dr. Felixes as we can, so we can see if there are any trends or differences among the various systems and configurations.

Finally, some developers do visit the Forums and keep track of the technical issues that are posted in our tech threads. But others will only know about any problems if our Tech Department gets in touch with them, and even in that case, the more information we have to give them about the nature of the problem and how widespread it is, the better.

You can read more about contacting Tech Support with that information in the post we've created here.

Thank you!

bfgMonongahela

valharms
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by valharms on Nov 20, 12 10:28 AM
I'm having exactly the same issue as everyone else, and at the same point in the game. I have been through all the steps except reloading, as it would seem the problem is with the game not with everyone's equipment. I'm not wasting any more time with this until it's fixed, so I would really appreciate a heads up when this happens. Thx.

unit
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by unit on Nov 20, 12 2:38 PM
Ditto Ditto Ditto on Error while trying to enter butterfly house. I'm not going to jump through any hoops that other players have already done. I am waiting for an update to fix the problem to activate.

bfgTokoro
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,111 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTokoro on Nov 21, 12 1:37 AM
Hi Fishies!

I just wanted to let you know that a new version PC is available for this game.

If you want to know more details about it, swim over here.

Happy Gaming!

bfgTokoro

Edited on 11/21/2012 at 1:38:38 AM PST

Go to: