bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Post any Risk™ technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Nov 14, 12 12:39 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

CallmeCoors
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,933 Posts

Re:Post any Risk™ technical issues here only

[Post New]by CallmeCoors on Nov 14, 12 2:40 PM
Played two full games during the trial with no problems at all. i went ahead and purchased the game, which is when it started having problems. Twice now, the screen has gone all black and the computer would not respond, forcing me to do a forced shutdown. I have no idea what is causing it to do this.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Nov 14, 12 4:02 PM
Hi CallmeCoors,

As you probably already know, with that sort of issue, our first troubleshooting suggestions are in our help article: Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen.

If you've already tried those and are still having trouble, please get in touch with our Tech Support Team so they can see what else might be going on. You can contact them by clicking here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Thank you!

bfgMonongahela

CallmeCoors
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,933 Posts

[Post New]by CallmeCoors on Nov 14, 12 9:22 PM
GRRR!!!!! I updated drivers, uninstalled and re-installed the game, and the problem has now become PROBLEMS!!!! Game STILL going to black screen when I try to exit it and now it is running extremely slow. So slow that It is impossible to play! Wish I had never done what you suggested!

elijah5
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,225 Posts

[Post New]by elijah5 on Nov 14, 12 10:49 PM
I got message that drivers were outdated. I know that this is not the case. My drivers are all up to date. Game just kept shutting down, game exec stopped. Couldn't even try the game. NOT A HAPPY CAMPER!!!!!!! Disappointed, wanted to try this game. Love RISK

bfgTokoro
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,111 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTokoro on Nov 15, 12 2:38 AM
Hi Fishies,

I'm really sorry to read that you're experiencing these issues.

CallmeCoors, this is not a good sign, but don't worry this can be fixed if you can try to roll back to an early version of the graphic card driver. As the help we can provide here on the Forum is basic, for indepth support, the best thing to do is to run a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report and send that over to our Tech Support Team, so we can get to helping you right away.

elijah5, to know exactly what this message means and double check that the configuration is up to date, please do think about taking the time to help us out by running the Dr. Felix Report and sending it in by clicking here.

Best of luck!

bfgTokoro

CallmeCoors
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,933 Posts

[Post New]by CallmeCoors on Nov 19, 12 10:17 AM
I guess I will have to go ahead and contact customer support. Am now able to play the game without problems, although the link does not work, so I have to open in from the actual game folder in the Hard drive. The biggest problem is that when I go to exit the game, I get the Black Screen of Death . I have to do a forced reboot to get my desktop back. Other that that, It now plays fine.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Nov 20, 12 4:31 AM
I think reaching out to our Tech Support Team is the best thing to do in this instance Coors, so thanks for being willing to do that.

They will be able to make some suggestions to help avoid that black screen you are seeing upon exiting and help you far more than we could via the Forums.

Thanks!

bfgBaikal

Edited on 11/20/2012 at 4:32:38 AM PST

Game freezing

[Post New]by meredithanne1 on Nov 26, 12 5:54 PM
I love the old board game Risk and decided to purchase the BFG version without even playing the trial. BIG mistake! Great game when it works, but it has frozen my computer so many times, it's not worth playing anymore. When this happens, I have to turn my computer off, then back on, and when I log back into the game, I have to start over from the beginning. Very irritating! Does anyone else have this problem and have you found a solution for it?

[Post New]by orion17 on Feb 3, 13 11:49 PM
I purchased the game a few weeks ago, also without playing the trial version. I installed it on my desktop computer and have not been able to play it The game launches OK but when I try to play the game there are white square over the territories and I can't see how many units are on each territory. I updated the drivers for my graphics card and restarted my computer with no luck.

I then tried to install the game on my laptop and was able to play one game with no problems. Now when I try to launch the game, the "Hasbro" screen comes up and then nothing.

Both laptop and desktop have Windows 7. Desktop has NVIDIA GeForce 310 graphics card

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Feb 4, 13 1:35 AM
Heya Fishies, welcome to the Pond!

I'm really sorry to hear about the freezing and display issues that you are experiencing!

In both cases it could be that some of the software necessary to play the game properly could do with a little update, which can lead to these kind of problems. You can find some easy steps on how to update this software by following the steps here.

If this doesn’t help, our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report. You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

Edited on 02/04/2013 at 1:35:20 AM PST

[Post New]by grayskyofparis on Mar 6, 13 4:27 AM
Hi,
I just bought Risk on my macbook ; i can even lauch it, When i click on the shortcut in the game manager i ve a message that maybe i should check my configuration :
mine is : Mac OS X 10.6.8 ; graphic prossessor GPU GMAX3000

Thanks for your answser

tf43
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by tf43 on Dec 16, 13 11:34 PM
Just bought the game, and not sure it download correctly.
1st I don't find and option to "download" again, and
2nd I get a message my video driver is out of date.
I did a scan from device manager and it says it is up to date...go figure
I cannot play the game at all
Windows 7, 32bit
HP Monitor HP/W2007 model with driver 8/12/09 ver 3.0.0.0
On board graphic card: Intel G33/G31 Express
Driver 9/23/09 Ver: 8315.10.1930
Resolution I run: 1680 X 1050
So...Support, now what?????????
I paid good money...I want a working product or refund...
You advise.

Go to: