bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Post any Haunted Legends: The Undertaker Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Nov 15, 12 12:33 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

podette
Clownfish
Clownfish
527 Posts

Re:Post any Haunted Legends: The Undertaker Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by podette on Nov 15, 12 1:06 AM
Getting error message after talking to undertakers wife.
Anyone else having problems?

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

Re:Post any Haunted Legends: The Undertaker Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Nov 15, 12 1:52 AM
I encountered a problem with the first click of my mouse on the newspaper ... the system cursor separated from the custom one and I had to ctrl-alt-del to bring up task manager so I could exit the game. Doing this brought up the error message ...

Access violation at 0x6A597BE3 (0x00000000).

I tried again and this time I managed to read the newspaper but then the cursor separated again when I tried to pick up the handle, ctrl-alt-del again and this time got ...

Access violation at 0x6A4A7BE3 (0x00000000)

Thinking the third time would be the charm I tried again and managed to pick up the handle, use it and enter the house however when the undertaker's wife invited me upstairs the cursors separated again before I could only this time I got the error message without having to ctrl-alt-del and it was ...

Access violation at 0x6A3A0931 (0x00000005).

I give up and will wait for the SE version to come out when hopefully whatever is wrong has been fixed either by ERS or by me if it turns out my computer is at fault.

Cherb

ETA ...

I have just played the rest of the demo using the system cursor and didn't encounter any more problems.

Edited on 11/15/2012 at 8:24:15 AM PST

[Post New]by b1ackburn on Nov 15, 12 1:54 AM
I cant even get any of the game to download!!!!

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Nov 15, 12 2:00 AM
I got the 'access violation' message when entering the tunnel under the water tank in the basement. But went back in and it played fine after that. First time ever getting any error message in an ERS game.

Must have been the zombies at work

asenski
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by asenski on Nov 15, 12 2:04 AM
Game froze up on me 2x during the trial, finally gave up playing. Had to use CTR-Clr-Delete both times. Second time it would even freeze up my Computer before I could exit the game. Never had any problems with the Haunted Legends games before.

[Post New]by Jackie143637 on Nov 15, 12 2:08 AM
Access violation and cursor is jerking around. No control.

[Post New]by kherrick12 on Nov 15, 12 2:41 AM
Also got an "access violation" 9 minutes into the trial period. WHY? Will reinstall and see if that helps. Would really like to play this game.

[Post New]by ghostguide2002 on Nov 15, 12 2:49 AM
Same issue here! 2 games this week with technical issues? hmmmmm I don't think I've ever had an issue with ERS games.

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Nov 15, 12 3:08 AM
My computer totally froze on me too.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Nov 15, 12 3:26 AM
Hi Fishies,

I am really sorry to see so many of you experiencing issues with the game.

For those of you seeing an Access Violation Error message, please click here for some tips on how to combat that.

For download issues, the following help article here, will guide you through some simple steps you can try.

Also, a good way to improve the games performance and prevent it freezing up on you, is to perform some updates. The help article below has great advice on how to do that:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

That being said, if you would prefer not to troubleshoot alone or, you need some more help with this we are happy to provide it!

Please run a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report and send that over to our Tech Support Team so we can get to helping you right away.

Thank you!

bfgBaikal

Edited on 11/15/2012 at 12:51:31 PM PST

gryhndlvr
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by gryhndlvr on Nov 15, 12 5:11 AM
I'm also getting access violation errors and when I click on objects to pick up I get black squares on the screen. I will wait for a fix. Will not buy now

tj1147
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by tj1147 on Nov 15, 12 5:56 AM
After playing about 45 minutes of demo - no technical issues for me ... yet! Nice game!

Faylyn
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by Faylyn on Nov 15, 12 6:09 AM
In first scene with popup of tutorial, screen started breaking into black squares at bottom and sides of screen. Error access violation popup and screen went to half size and then out. I'll wait to buy this one.

UPDATE: Decided to give it another try (2nd attempt) and had same problem only without popup error info. Got out by Escape. Not trying again. Will wait for SE or when I see a notice from BFG the game has been repaired.

Edited on 11/16/2012 at 6:20:57 AM PST

cme550
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by cme550 on Nov 15, 12 6:18 AM
I've also gotten 3 access violations that resulted in a crash, and I've only been playing it for 30 mins

However, upon starting the game up again it seems to fix whatever caused the violation. Just gets annoying having to do that all the time.

schuldi
Guppy
Guppy
192 Posts

[Post New]by schuldi on Nov 15, 12 6:45 AM
When trying to change the screen size to full screen, it freezes. Have to use esc key to get out. Have tried to adjust it after starting the game but the same thing happens.

puzzgamer1
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by puzzgamer1 on Nov 15, 12 6:58 AM
uh-oh, right off the bat 12 reporting problems with this game...will download the demo and see happens but not getting a good feeling about this game. Too bad because very much enjoyed the other two games in this series. So--wonder what they did different with this one?

Liasmani
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
19,504 Posts

[Post New]by Liasmani on Nov 15, 12 8:06 AM
At the beginning of the game, there was a sound glitch "woman's pleas" was repeated at least three time before it went back to normal. Once inside the building everything was fine. But right after I click on the mirror a black box image appeared after it. On window to the left side there was undead person. When I went upstairs, there were black boxes everywhere. After exited the game demo I have received an access violation error; didn't like write it down though.

I don't think it is my computer because everything is up to date. I have Windows 7 32-bit.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Nov 15, 12 8:10 AM
Hi Fishies,

If you have tried the advice already offered and you are still having trouble with the game, please get in touch with our friendly Tech Support. You can reach them by clicking on the green to the right of the page and then clicking the Contact Us link on the help pages.

They will be happy to provide more personalized help that we are unable provide via the Forums.

Also, gathering information in this way, will help us to isolate what is going on and push for a fix.

We really appreciate your help!

bfgBaikal

Liasmani
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
19,504 Posts

[Post New]by Liasmani on Nov 15, 12 8:14 AM
The problems that I had before it isn't there anymore that was strange.

Edited on 11/15/2012 at 9:02:41 AM PST

Go to: