bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Reviews for Haunted Legends: The Undertaker Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Nov 15, 12 12:34 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Haunted Legends: The Undertaker Collector's Edition ? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Haunted Legends: The Undertaker Collector's Edition page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgBaikal

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:Reviews for Haunted Legends: The Undertaker Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Nov 15, 12 12:34 AM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable to the review thread.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game, what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. This can only help us in continuing to provide better games, which is what we all want!

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgBaikal

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Nov 15, 12 1:01 AM
I played the game and of course i got this awesome game it has the wow factor, The Graphics are awesome and the sounds are offf the chain I want to thank the Dev's for all there hard work and time they have spent on this game, Thank you BF for another great game..I know the fishes in the pond will nit be disappointed in this game..

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Nov 15, 12 1:03 AM
Played 25 minutes, casual

- 3 modes, casual, advanced, hard. You can change from one mode to another while playing

- SG (bottom left of your screen) only shows 3 chapters in the sample you demo

- After buying the game I can now say that there are 9 chapters + the bonus chapter. Extras include bonus mini games

- Note book

- No map

- Shortly after starting the game, you're given an iron fish, you have to find 30 scales while playing to complete it

- Voice overs

- A little monkey follows you, didn't sort out whether it was a friend or a fiend in the time I played

- H0, you interact, in others you have to find silhouettes, create an object in order to find another....

- Usual good mini games, nothing new in the time I've played, may be later

- Hint button useful outside H0

- Skip button takes a while to fill

- Gorgeous graphics

This nasty little dwarf is back and he brought zombies with him this time. It's not boxing day yet but hunt is opened....
A buy for me.

Edited on 11/15/2012 at 4:00:16 AM PST

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Nov 15, 12 1:12 AM
lovely62 wrote:I played the game and of course i got this awesome game it has the wow factor, The Graphics are awesome and the sounds are offf the chain I want to thank the Dev's for all there hard work and time they have spent on this game.:

Yep, seems like the Bunnies have managed to produce yet another stellar game.... though we might all have to do a lot of running around and use our grey matter to solve this one.
Just my type of game.
Cheers

nomatt
Herring
Herring
377 Posts

[Post New]by nomatt on Nov 15, 12 1:14 AM
Yeah, it's the usual ERS stuff, very well done but done the same as ever. At first I thought it was a comedy game, especially when the 'crumplestilskin' fell off the ladder, my how we laughed. Everything you need seems to be found right by you so it didn't appear to hold any challenge at all. All lovely done but far too easy and exactly the same. I'll wait and see if it gets rave reviews before I try any more.

saphhire
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by saphhire on Nov 15, 12 1:20 AM
Have to agree with everyone so far on this one. I have the other haunted legends this seems to follow the same concept, but I don't know if I will purchase the CE or wait. I think I'll wait and see what others say about the length.............................................This one is missing some of the bells and whistles...................so the only if its a good length will I spend extra.............

The graphics are great as usual for this dev wtg

purchased and wow what a disappointment on the bonus game way way to short one of the shortest bonus rounds I've encountered...........

Edited on 11/18/2012 at 3:18:35 AM PST

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Nov 15, 12 2:04 AM
I can't give a review because I can't play the game as my system cursor keeps separating from the custom one and I have no time left now to try playing just using the system one but the game did automatically stretch and fill my 24" widescreen desktop monitor .

I did check out what was included in the Extras before trying to play and found ...

17 Minigames
10 Hidden object scenes
22 Movies
4 Music tracks
6 Wallpapers
15 Concept art pictures
3 Screensavers (one of these was an underwater scene with ).

I look forward to reading the reviews of those of you who can play it and to find out if you can access the wallpapers and screensavers once you have bought the game or if they are still locked until the bonus chapter has been completed .

Cherb

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Nov 15, 12 2:26 AM
Yet another ERS game; how do they produce them so quickly? The answer is easy; they use the same basic structure and just alter the storyline! If you've played one, then the others are pretty much exactly the same.

The graphics as usual are excellent, the puzzles were fairly challenging (I had to skip the skull pattern one as I couldn't figure out how to get the pattern right), don't have music on so can't comment on that, the story was, for once, really quite good and after one access violation message, the game ran smoothly enough.

Of course the widescreen button does absolutely nothing but then it never does in any ERS game so I don't know why they bother putting it there. Other devs can make their games fill any size of screen and yet ERS still either can't or won't add this programming to their games. Pity since it would make such a difference.

In spite of a few negatives, I liked this game enough to buy it. Any story that has the undead wandering around is too tempting to miss

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Nov 15, 12 3:03 AM
Well, I'll have to admit that this game is an improvement over their last 2 weekly offerings.

First, the story is actually decent. A real departure from the last couple of games where you didn't care because the stories were so poor. But this one is able to jump on the zombie bandwagon, so good for them.

And ERS has returned to the highly detailed and polished graphics that they are so capable of. The last several games had fallen off badly, graphic-wise.

And the HOS and puzzles I saw were an improvement, as well. Especially the puzzles which afford you a challenge.

I don't get the monkey at all----and I think monkeys are unpredictable, nasty, and dangerous creatures that are as far away from cute as there is.

The person they have found to do many of the voiceovers (the one that so solemnly intones the name of the game at the start) is not good, and drags the rest of the voiceover talent down.

And, of course, a widescreen button that does nothing----not by clicking, declicking, nothing. I'm sort of like Charlie Brown running up to kick the football with every ERS game----I keep thinking that this time, ERS will have wised up and provided us with a game that at long last will provide widescreen for all, thereby joining the quality of the big-time devs, but no, they are satisfied for whatever reason with their black bar presentation. It's almost like they are going to show us that they will not change because their games are good enough as they are. And, they are ok---- for lower tier games. But without the WS, it's just not worth double money----no way. So I'll wait for the SE. Maybe next week's ERS game----oh, wait, even bigger things next week----well, then maybe the following. LOL

sartasia
Stingray
Stingray
4,581 Posts

[Post New]by sartasia on Nov 15, 12 5:55 AM
I beta'd this game quite a while back and have been looking forward to it's release.
Opens and plays in Widescreen on both my laptop & desk top.
Great graphics.
Interesting story.
Some unique puzzles.
And as always with this Dev there is lots to do.
Personally I enjoy ERS and their consistency. Always an entertaining game.
It's a buy for me!

As always..try before you buy!
Happy gaming

gmac1007
Clownfish
Clownfish
569 Posts

[Post New]by gmac1007 on Nov 15, 12 6:06 AM
Good morning everyone Digger D'Grave here and have I got a deal for you on some real estate that is to die for in a fabulous gated community that people are just dying to get into so I'm here today to make you a once in a lifetime offer on this prime real estate. Are you having trouble with the living maybe you don't exactly like the people that are now residing in your dream house, maybe you have a score to settle with someone in town who treated you badly, or maybe you just want to run amuck on your home and town well rest easy my friend that's why I'm here. I have some beautiful and wicked plots for sale and each one will allow you to do all the things that you couldn't do while you were living and giving you a taste of sweet revenge without anyone ever knowing it's you. These plots will allow you to walk among those that did you wrong and give them a taste of their own medicine, or you can choose one that will let you just oversee the ones you left behind just in case your spouse marries someone that you don't like you will be able to wreak havoc on their new spouse. You can do all of that and more while living in a gorgeous gated community. There's no need to worry about security this is a perfectly safe community because most are scared to step foot beyond the entrance gate and those that do happen to venture in we deal with them and they never return, now what other gated community offers that sounds to good to be true doesn't it well it's not so give old Digger a call and I can hook you up and if you have any doubts play this game it offers tons of eye candy and fun.

Shut the front door this game is off the hook with tons of eye candy, cool puzzles, a great and creepy story with music that brings it all together and pulls you right in from the get go.

The little evil man has returned and wreaking havoc on a sleepy fishing village and making sweet offers that are anything but sweet and will only benefit him. This is the third game in this series and it's just as good as the others. The scenes are interactive and gorgeous and things aren't hard to find. The colors are bold and detailed. There are voice overs which are done very good and the game flows like water and is worthy of being a ce.

This was a definite buy for me from the start. Give the demo a try it's definitely worth it. Thank you ERS for delivering another awesome masterpiece and thank you Big Fish for another scarylicious adventure. Have fun everybody.

CoolGrammy1
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

[Post New]by CoolGrammy1 on Nov 15, 12 8:39 AM
I demo'd this one and totally enjoyed it. Great mini-games, graphics and storyline. A must have for me.....

Eoarod
Flounder
Flounder
2,391 Posts

[Post New]by Eoarod on Nov 15, 12 8:46 AM
First - Cherub - yes you can access wallpapers right off - mini games & H0 scenes in extras are locked until you finish main game.

I'm downloading as I type - so this was a buy for me! I was struck anew by ERS' particular skill at blending the beautiful and the horrific! No doubt the zombies are just creepy - but ERS' art makes them stunning at the same time!

The same goes for D.G. being creepy and comical at the same time and as always I'm enjoying the "black bar tip humor". I never can bring myself to play at the highest difficulty level for fear of losing the black bar sarcasm!

The game just has a good mix of being scary enough (with a few good "jump" moments so far) without being soooo scary you don't want to play it with the lights off. Great for everyone - but especially folks who just aren't in to full tilt boogie creepfests (I love them - many do not!!).

This is a very large game & I'm pleasantly surprised it's running delay free - nice smooth scene transitions & cursor! This is a double surprise because I've loaded up my laptop with all the MCF games getting ready for Thanksgiving if any game is going to run hinky - it's going to do it over the next 7 days while my GM stays very full!

I really like this series and was drawn into the plot straight away! I'm really curious to see how the living dead are going to be delt with!

Jaw dropping graphics overall, difficulty remains to be seen - that's often hard to tell from just the demo as the first parts of most games tend to be pretty linnear!

Love that again we get to replay mini games & now H0 scenes with the CE extras!

Check out the demo & see what you think! My d/l is finished & I'm off to play!

Happy Gaming!

ETA: gmac - glad to see you back in the review business!

Edited on 11/15/2012 at 8:47:16 AM PST

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on Nov 15, 12 10:06 AM
Not exactly the happiest setting in the world -- an old fishing village now set upon by zombies. Feature character is the town undertaker and his wife. The nasty gnome from HL the Queen of Spades plays an important role as well. He offered to trade an amulet guaranteed to reverse the undertaker's financial troubles for a treasured family heirloom mirror, and all hell broke loose -- literally.

So -- the 3 mode game play. Yes, typical ERS, and very simple to follow even in Hardcore with no black bar hints. Inventory items get used pretty quickly, puzzles are very easy, some familiar, some an attempt to be different. HO scenes are interactive -- use an item on another item -- also familiar. You must find 20 fish scales to finish the main game. Journal, no map. You may change play modes during the game.

So, for those new to ERS, it's hard not to appreciate the detailed graphics, the haunting music, voice overs, all wrapped up in a widescreen presentation. You will find it a pleasant diversion. For those of us who have played several ERS games -- well, this one is too easy and sorry to say, except for a new story, same old, same old.

CE extras -- Strategy guide -- 9 chapters plus bonus chapter, concept art, wallpapers, screensavers, HO scenes, mini games, cut scenes (22 of them).

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Nov 15, 12 12:31 PM
Eoarod wrote: snipped ... First - Cherub - yes you can access wallpapers right off - mini games & H0 scenes in extras are locked until you finish main game.

Thank you very much Eoarod your answer, as well as discovering that I could play the game without access violations by using the system cursor, has just scored ERS a CE sale as opposed to an SE sale.

It also proves that ERS are listening to some of our requests now .

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Nov 15, 12 12:49 PM
Well, I have the other two Haunted Legends and really enjoyed them. This one just seems to have something missing, but I can't figure out what. The usual very nice ERS graphics and game play. HOGs are fun, games very simple. Nice SG and hint system.

The one thing I really can't stand is the music. After a very short time, I just wanted to scream. I have disliked other music in other games, but this one really grates on my nerves.

As I said, I liked this game, but not sure it is enough to make be buy it right now. Eventually I will, just to add to my collection, but I would like to know how many chapters it has first and see what others think of the finished game. Didn't make me want to run right out and get it just to see how it ends...I think I'm tired of that annoying little man.

As always, try the game for yourself and see if it is for you. We all have different tastes in games and you may find it quite enjoyable. Thanks for the reviews.

sunnyglow
Clownfish
Clownfish
804 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyglow on Nov 15, 12 1:15 PM
Another great game from ERS. No doubt I will purchase. Yes, some have stated that the scenario for the games is predictable, but they do change things up and I personally like them very much. The graphics are wonderful and the audio is fantastic. The bunnies have done a magnificent job this week. Keep up the great work. This is one of your best to me. One of my favorite devs. Much better than looking at bombed out buildings like last week.

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on Nov 15, 12 2:55 PM
As always ERS has great graphics and enjoyed the trial very much. The music was anoying but always can turn it off or down. Like the storyline and puzzles are ok too. Hints reload fast and it does give you hints on where to go which I like. I have the other Haunted Legends and like both of them. There have been so many great games that will wait for the SE.. Give this 4 out of 5 stars..

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Nov 15, 12 3:29 PM
Ditto on the annoying music...worst I have heard in a long time...i kept turning it down and down some more, and finally all the way down. But this game is playing well on my laptop...roof leaked and keyboard for my pc got wet. I don't usually play many games on the laptop due to the smaller screen, but the graphics are really good in this game, and everything shows up just fine.

Go to: