[Post New]by cleoladycat on Nov 15, 12 1:13 AM
Any comments fishes?

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

Re:Todays DD November 15 2012

[Post New]by lovely62 on Nov 15, 12 2:14 AM
I played the demo and decided since it is the DD I am buying this game, There is so much to do and the game is different then most I love the music and the graphics are nice and clear Thank you DEV's for all your hard work and time and thx to BF as always..

[Post New]by BarbaraFish on Nov 15, 12 4:56 AM
This may be a great game, but i'll never know.

No walkthrough is provided nor could i find one at other sites.

My blood pressure is high enough without suffering anxiety over these games.

It's a no buy for me.

shagwendy
Stingray
Stingray
4,926 Posts

[Post New]by shagwendy on Nov 15, 12 6:58 AM
I only got to the first dressing up part and my cursor disappeared and I had a very hard time getting out of the game. I got Task manager up but I still didn't have a cursor. After hitting a bunch of buttons I finally managed to get out. I was enjoying what I had seen of the game, but I'm afraid it's a no buy because of the problems

sandhan
Clownfish
Clownfish
919 Posts

[Post New]by sandhan on Nov 15, 12 9:00 AM
Wendy, I had the same problem, but I only got to the rope puzzle. Too bad, it looked like a really fun game, trying to figure out whether she was wearing something, or just dipped in paint.

Freka
Herring
Herring
304 Posts

[Post New]by Freka on Nov 15, 12 2:12 PM
With a walkthru or better hint system, I would probably buy this. But a hint that says "use something in your inventory" when I've tried everything in my inventory -- just not on the right place -- is not helpful. It was too frustrating.

Unfortunately, I used up the whole demo. I've re-demoed some games and bought them after I'd had more experience. Unless BF changes the demo rules. It would be nice if people were able to re-demo a DD or TGTW during the time it is on sale. I used to be an M3/HOG only gamer. I've now moved out into strategy (thanks to Royal Envoy) and adventure. The re-demo time could be between 20 and 30 minutes, rather than the hour. I don't think BF would lose any sales, but they might gain some.

sandhan
Clownfish
Clownfish
919 Posts

[Post New]by sandhan on Nov 15, 12 3:04 PM
Okay, update. I uninstalled and reinstalled the game, and now it seems to be OK, so I (holding breath) bought it, fingers crossed that something else wouldn't go wrong. It does have some fun features, like interacting in hos. Oh yeah, I think she is wearing something, although I don't know how she gets it on and off.

NIMHURCHU
Clownfish
Clownfish
744 Posts

[Post New]by NIMHURCHU on Nov 15, 12 7:29 PM
I was unsure about purchasing this game. Some of my concerns or "pet peeves" were:
1. No walkthrough
2. Tiny objects in some Hog scenes
3. Black bars on either side of screen in fullscreen
4. No voiceovers
5. No map
6. No journal
7. Hint button suggesting that " I look elsewhere", or "use something from inventory", which I was afraid would leave me completely stuck or wandering around aimlessly.

However, after the 1 hour trial, I just had to purchase, and I'm so glad that I did. I really enjoyed the game and would recommend as a DD.
Although there was no walkthrough, I found myself stuck only twice in the entire game, where I had to consult the very helpful topics and hints posted by the wonderful fishies in this pond.

The music was annoying, especially when it stopped during dialogue and would start up again when you clicked to continue the dialogue, so I turned it off.

There are 8 chapters in the game.

You have an option to change costumes as you progress throughout the game. If you choose to go to the dressing room, you are provided with a hint , skip and task button. There are three wardrobes, and a table with accessories to choose from. As you put on each item of clothing a task bar fills up. When it changes from red to green, the go button lights up and your task is complete. I had a lot of fun with that.

There are 9 costume changes in all.

Puzzles: There are 12 puzzles, which can be skipped after approximately 3 mins.

Find the Difference:

There are two regular find the difference puzzles. The number of differences to be found is not listed. Instead, the bar fills up from red to green. I estimate that there were 15 differences.
There are 2 "place items" to match the two scenes puzzles.
Hints could be used, and recharged in 45 secs.
Skip button could be used in about 3 mins.

Hidden Object Scenes: There are 5 types of Hogs.

1.Fragmented - There are 8 of these e.g. find 10 pieces of a painting. (These can be spread out in 3 different scenes in a chapter )

2.Find all items on list: There are approximately 11 of this type.

3.Find so many of a certain item: There are approx. 8 of this type. (can be spread out in 3 different scenes in the chapter)

4.Silhouette/Fragmented: There are about 5 of these eg. find pieces of the costumes.

5.Close-up Hogs where you must move items to find listed items underneath. There are 7 of these. These can be skipped.

It took me 5 hours to complete.

sandhan
Clownfish
Clownfish
919 Posts

[Post New]by sandhan on Nov 16, 12 12:44 AM
Nimhurchu, Thanks for the excellent review. Not finished yet, but I agree so far with all you say. I am finding the hint button sometimes useful. Yes, I love the costume changes!

minesita
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,975 Posts

[Post New]by minesita on Nov 16, 12 7:17 AM
I bought yesterday as DD, and I had a very enjoyable time playing it!
Me too, I had to consult the hints posted inthe the forum. Thank you fishies, to share with us all your wise solutions! .
The only puzzle I regretted to skip was the planets puzzle .
Last night, was to late to be thinking about it, but is a game I'm planning to replay.
I recommend this game as DD or special sale, is fun to play it!
I expend over 5 hs. to finish, most of the time trying to guessing the HO and what to do next! To me was very challenging, because I love walkthroughs.
Happy gaming!

Go to: