[Post New]by cleoladycat on Nov 16, 12 12:54 AM
Any comment fishes?

renaki
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

Re:Todays DD November 16 2012

[Post New]by renaki on Nov 16, 12 2:46 AM
In my opinion, it is a very nice game BUT soooooo easy that I would recomend it to beginers. For the advanced players is a piece of and because of this not very interesting.

Freka
Herring
Herring
304 Posts

[Post New]by Freka on Nov 16, 12 8:56 AM
I agree with renake. Way to easy! Fitting the luggage was actually matching the luggage to the outlines. No need to fit anything in. The next puzzle was another pipe problem.

The graphics are bright and cheery. I think children would especially like this game.

NIMHURCHU
Clownfish
Clownfish
744 Posts

[Post New]by NIMHURCHU on Nov 16, 12 12:12 PM
This is a straight Hog with puzzles game.

Graphics are bright and cheery, cartoon type. The characters remind me of Farmscape characters.

Options include sound and music control, full screen (no black bars for me in full screen), custom cursor and display tutorials.

There are no voiceovers.

Dialogue can be skipped through quickly by clicking on the green arrow on the top right corner of the screen.

Hog scenes - nicely drawn and objects are often blended in well.

There are 25 Hog scenes, and most of them include zooming in on an area to find additional hidden objects.
7 of those Hog scenes include "puzzle" items, in which you must find 5 or 6 silhouette objects to make up a single item.
Hint recharges in 1 min.

Puzzles - I counted 13 puzzles (the description notes that there are 15+ puzzles, so maybe I missed 2, but definitely not more)
Puzzles included jigsaw, connect pipes, word search, match 2 or more in a grid, and slider puzzles.
The first puzzle gave so much help that it practically solved itself, but this was not the case for subsequent puzzles. They were still quite easy, but not as "ridiculously easy" as the first one.

Puzzles are skippable after a 3 min waiting time.

You take pictures on your vacation, but it's just for an album ,and has no impact on the game.

The game is short - it took me 2 hrs and 20 mins to complete.

Overall, I found that the game was getting tiresome for me, so I didn't mind that it was short However, if you have young children or grandchildren, as I do, it is a wonderful family game. I have discovered that the "story line" is not boring to a 7 yr old. They see a great family adventure unfolding before them. The only complaints that I have received from the younger children is that the hint and skip buttons take too long to recharge. I have tried to use that as a lesson in perseverence Also, younger children are more likely to finish a shorter game, and get the sense of accomplishment that they completed the journey.
If I didn't have younger kids to share this game with, I would regret the purchase. Give it a try for yourself, as you may find it a nice relaxing break from some of the more difficult games, and a fun distraction for the younger kids in your life.

Survivor01
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by Survivor01 on Nov 16, 12 9:33 PM
I liked this game and thought it was a nice diversion from the darker games. But I'm not buying it because I'm really tired of games like this one where you are packing suitcases, etc. and the items to be found make no sense. I can tolerate it in games where they don't pretend to make sense, but am I really going to take dumbbells on a trip? Just my own opinion.

Go to: