bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Post any Cruel Games: Red Riding Hood technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Nov 17, 12 12:32 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Edited on 11/26/2012 at 5:15:34 PM PST

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

Re:Post any Cruel Games: Red Riding Hood technical issues here only

[Post New]by Poutoule on Nov 17, 12 12:44 AM

The games says installed at 100% but the play button doesn't show up.

Can't play.........

lackoo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,430 Posts

[Post New]by lackoo on Nov 17, 12 12:52 AM
Poutoule wrote:
The games says installed at 100% but the play button doesn't show up.

Can't play.........
Have you installed it properly ?

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Nov 17, 12 12:55 AM
I've in-stalled and un-installed 5 times and still can't get any sound at all. Looks like a great game with alot of glitches. But it's not working!! I would like to try and buy it...but not with all these gliches. Please don't tell us it's our computer's or systems. It's not!!

Edited: re-installed it again and now I have sound. Let's see if it last. I will post if I have any other issues. My problem so far was only sound.

Hi Poutoule: Try re-installing it again. Even more than once. I hope it works for you.

Edited on 11/17/2012 at 1:02:47 AM PST

dramajunkie
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,641 Posts

[Post New]by dramajunkie on Nov 17, 12 1:04 AM
Did you get a pop-up saying either repair or uninstall Microsoft C++? I said repair and got no sound. Uninstalled game, d/l again. This time I said uninstall and there is sound. Who knows what I unintalled. Never seen that before.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Nov 17, 12 1:08 AM
Perhaps you haven't installed the extra C++ thingy that came up?

I ignored it - as I always do - and the game works fine for me. I had already demoed the game on the developer's site without problems and without first installing the C++ files.

Hope it gets sorted out for you all.

Happy weekend.

Valdy

findlaybears
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by findlaybears on Nov 17, 12 1:16 AM
I also had a problem with the sound after I installed the game. I shut down the game manager and then loaded it again, the game worked perfectly with sound. I would advise trying this first before uninstalling/reinstalling the game.

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Nov 17, 12 1:18 AM
dramajunkie wrote:Did you get a pop-up saying either repair or uninstall Microsoft C++? I said repair and got no sound. Uninstalled game, d/l again. This time I said uninstall and there is sound. Who knows what I unintalled. Never seen that before.

Hi dramajunkie: I kept doing the same thing until I got sound. And it worked when I un-intalled Microsoft C++.

Hi Valdy: I un-unstalled it. We'll see if it last. And what other problems pop up for anyone else.

I have to say...I've been pretty for along time and not had any problems with games. Keep my fingers crossed for everyone!

ciscaR8
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by ciscaR8 on Nov 17, 12 1:57 AM
oi also got the pop up. when i come to play a hos the screen is totally black, i played the game on dev.site and had no problems at all. i did both things several time re install and repair, no luck. i can move in between scene/s but every hos gives me a black screen

Cisca

read61
Salmon
Salmon
2,775 Posts

[Post New]by read61 on Nov 17, 12 2:40 AM
I got the same weird message and chose uninstall...I NEVER install anything on my computer unless I know what it is and I choose to have it in the first place...not sure what this is but I am hoping the game will run fine, if not then no sale!

LetMeTry
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by LetMeTry on Nov 17, 12 3:34 AM
Please .. Please tell everyone what "system you are working from". If you have XP or Vista it makes it so much easier to see if maybe you might have a problem. It's like okay I have that system and here's how I could fix it. Just put your system in and help other fishies with a heads up.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Nov 17, 12 3:50 AM
LetMeTry wrote:Please .. Please tell everyone what "system you are working from". If you have XP or Vista it makes it so much easier to see if maybe you might have a problem. It's like okay I have that system and here's how I could fix it. Just put your system in and help other fishies with a heads up.

I have a Win7 laptop, and the game works perfectly fine without the additional C++ instalment.

I think, but am not sure, that this instalment is for older computers, because the game plays fine for me without it.

Hope this helps.

Jorie10
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Jorie10 on Nov 17, 12 4:15 AM
If the game works well without this particular install of VC++, there is a good chance you already have a newer version of VC++ on your Windows setup. It gets installed as part of your Windows update process. Many applications utilized VC++ so I wouldn't necessarily recommend uninstalling it. Maybe run Windows update after you finish playing the game to see if Updates installs the latest version.

I work in the software industry and many of my company's applications rely on VC++ being installed.

Jorie

ETA:
Sometimes software requires a specific version of VC++ -- the version against which it was built. A system can have multiple versions of VC++ installed at the same time. I currently have over 10 versions installed on my Win7x64 machine.

Edited on 11/18/2012 at 4:53:09 AM PST

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Nov 17, 12 4:20 AM
Hi Fishies,

Just swimming in to provide some advice.

As mentioned, the C++ add on is included as a way of ensuring each computer that tries to run this game, has this piece of software in it's most recent version.

If you have accepted that prompt and the game doesn't work with it, you could try uninstalling and reinstalling the game, and ignoring that prompt as some Fishies have suggested?

However, if you continue to have trouble, please do reach out to Tech Support so we can track what is gong wrong. This will really help us as currently, we have been unable to replicate this issue in house.

Thank you all,

bfgBaikal

Edited on 11/17/2012 at 4:21:30 AM PST

[Post New]by miss_marigold11 on Nov 17, 12 5:17 AM
Well I've downloaded and and uninstalled the game four times following all suggestions and still no sound. I downloaded the demo from developers and the game works just fine and has sound so I doubt that the fault is in my computer with or without the microsoft addition (what ever it is)

I'm running on Vista and have had no problem such as this before. I hope there is a solution. I can't think of anything else to do.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Nov 17, 12 5:29 AM
Thanks for being trying miss_marigold11 we really appreciate you taking the time to do that.

Unfortunately, we can only provide very basic troubleshooting via the Forums so I would so if you would like to troubleshoot further or explore the other options available to you, please contact Tech Support again by clicking on the green to the right of the page.

I hope this information is helpful and that this is sorted out for you soon.

bfgBaikal

caseymom
Minnow
Minnow
206 Posts

[Post New]by caseymom on Nov 17, 12 7:27 AM
Hey Dramajunkie: I got the same message, let it "repair" and the game ran fine. In fact, I just purchased it. But at the end of the demo and while it was installing the total game, that message came up again. Apparently there are some downloads and updates you and I are missing. I will follow up on it again if I get that message again. (Couldn't do it earlier as the game was in partial download.) I'll let you know what it means.

suniris
Guppy
Guppy
180 Posts

[Post New]by suniris on Nov 17, 12 7:53 AM
At least I am not alone. .. no sound. I have XP, shut down game manager and reopened..no change, I deleated and reinstalled both using "repair" and "Uninstall" still no sound..Bummer, it looked like a good game.

[Post New]by NancySusan on Nov 17, 12 8:03 AM
Just a mention: I have XP on an old computer, and allowed the installation of the VC++, after reading these threads -- we did a restore on our computer last year and it made sense we might need this. The game downloaded fine and the demo, at least, has played just fine with sound.

CiChDa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,972 Posts

[Post New]by CiChDa on Nov 17, 12 8:06 AM
I just tried to down load this trial and ended up forcing a shut down of my computer.
It wouldn't activate. I did ignore the download message of C++...is that why it wouldn't activate? ( by the way, I have Windows 7)
Now it said in my manager that the trial expired. Hmmm, does that mean I can't even try it now if I get an answer on how to get it to work on my computer?

Go to: