shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

Comments for Brink of Cosciousness: The Lonely Hearts Murders Collector's Edition

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Nov 18, 12 12:41 AM
Hello my fellow gamers. I tried a beta of this game and it seemed fun. I think I liked the Dorian Grey game better but I won't now for sure until I get the "real game". It's a great offering for a Sunday though! Thank you BFG and all developers for keeping us busy and happy. Looking forward to your comments and opinions my friends! Happy gaming and have a great day.

roxiestar74
Minnow
Minnow
290 Posts

Re:Comments for Brink of Cosciousness: The Lonely Hearts Murders Collector's Edition

[Post New]by roxiestar74 on Nov 18, 12 12:54 AM
Excited to see another game in this series, since I really loved the first one, but am kind of disappointed that it is not a continuation of the first story. Oscar was such a great villain, and if they really wanted to, they could have come up with another story for him. Maybe a prequel that better explained why he became such a psychopath or something like that. It's too bad they didn't think to do that. I will still try this game though, despite the fact that it doesn't seem to be connected to the story of the first game at all. If the game play is as good as the first game was, then I think I could enjoy it. And I do like Victorian murder mysteries, so I am intrigued by that aspect of it as well. Happy Gaming Everyone!

Re:Comments for Brink of Cosciousness: The Lonely Hearts Murders Collector's Edition

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Nov 18, 12 12:55 AM
LOL, what a surprise,,,NOT, to find there isn't a review thread for this game, yet. It is kinda schizophrenic if you ask me...if I hadn't checked the guide, I would have missed a whole lot. Kinda intrigued, but not quite sure about it, if you know what I mean. May play out the demo, and wait until I get up to see if it is worth the bucks. At this point...I had to let my night owl dogs out and decided to check. But I am not quite sure. It is different, but if I have to tie myself to the guide to play, I may pass. Weird, as I am not usually this ambivalent about a game...but this one is kinda weird from the get go.

Edited on 11/18/2012 at 1:13:43 AM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Nov 18, 12 1:44 AM
Morning, all...

Now, I don't seem to get an answer in the Tech Problems thread: Peeps mention "Aspect Ratio", saying they declicked it, and I don't have that in my Options. So where is it?

Brendansoma1
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by Brendansoma1 on Nov 18, 12 1:57 AM
Too bad the changing of scenes is not smooth in this game. That is really a major turn-off for me.

AvgSpock
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,044 Posts

[Post New]by AvgSpock on Nov 18, 12 2:10 AM
Hi Valdy,

It is in my game under options bottom left, right next to the film grain option. Not sure why you wouldn't have it.

flowerchild44
Marlin
Marlin
8,348 Posts

[Post New]by flowerchild44 on Nov 18, 12 2:12 AM
I agree with you WolfenRaindancer, it is very well done, and I love a good victorian murder mystery but this just hasn't grabbed me at all.
I got a bit bored with it, and so I have to say a no buy for me today.
A can, and a drink machine in the victorian era?
the dialogue is very long,
but as has been mentioned the voice overs are really good.
I will most likely buy as a SE, but not worth my extra dollars...

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Nov 18, 12 2:19 AM
AvgSpock wrote:Hi Valdy,

It is in my game under options bottom left, right next to the film grain option. Not sure why you wouldn't have it.

Not on mine, either.

I think I know why, but won't get into it here.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Nov 18, 12 2:22 AM
cbtx wrote:
AvgSpock wrote:Hi Valdy,

Not on mine, either.

I think I know why, but won't get into it here.

Thanks AvgSpock for your reply.

LOL I think I know too, cbtx. Our laptops automatically open to widescreen, but it's still weird that we shouldn't see that Ratio Aspect in the Options part. How is it possible that it's just not there??

AvgSpock
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,044 Posts

[Post New]by AvgSpock on Nov 18, 12 2:30 AM
You're Welcome Valdy

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

It is odd.

Wild guess...Maybe a graphic card setting won't enable it to work so they omitted it instead of cause confusion?

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Nov 18, 12 2:31 AM
saphhire wrote:Very nice game, but is it CE worthy? I'll wait until some other fishies let me know the length.

My hint button must be broke for it doesn't fill instantly, if I come out of an HO scene it takes about 30 to 40 sec to fill....................but otherwise a very interesting game...............It will be a buy for me if it's length is decent......................HAPPY GAMING FISHIES........................

The above is taken from the "Reviews" thread.

Hi saphhire...

No your hint button is not broken. It does take about 30 seconds to fill when you use it in the HOS, but fills instantly when you use it outside of the HOS. But if you have just used it in a HOS and come out of it, then of course it will take those 30 seconds to refill. But once it is filled, you can use it in the main scenes and don't have to wait for a refill.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Nov 18, 12 2:33 AM
AvgSpock wrote:You're Welcome Valdy

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

It is odd.

Wild guess...Maybe a graphic card setting won't enable it to work so they omitted it instead of cause confusion?

It is possible. Since the game comes automatically in widescreen for me and for cbtx, our computers may well have decided not to bother to show us that "Ratio Aspect" thingy. LOL

However, this is the first time. Usually I do see the Ratio Aspect button in the Options, if and when there is one.

AvgSpock
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,044 Posts

[Post New]by AvgSpock on Nov 18, 12 2:37 AM
lol, well it definitely hasn't avoided causing confusion.

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on Nov 18, 12 2:44 AM
Hi All,

I have no Aspect Ratio box either and I also have narrow decorative bars down the sides of my screen.

I would swear they were not there when I played the first part of the demo, but, they are there now.

I have a HP 23" Wide Screen TouchScreen All-In-One and except for some SEs this is a first for me!

My res. are set at 1920X1080 which is the recommended setting by HP.

Any suggestions? I have posted in the Tech Thread!
BK

AvgSpock
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,044 Posts

[Post New]by AvgSpock on Nov 18, 12 2:51 AM
Hi BearKat,

I changed the screen res to 1920X1080 and the option disappeared on mine, too.

When I shut the game and changed back to 1280x960 it returned. Also works on 1280x1024.

Edited on 11/18/2012 at 2:53:03 AM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Nov 18, 12 2:52 AM
BearKat, I don't think there is anything wrong with those small bars. Mine are about 1 cm wide, but I get that sometimes with other widescreen games as well.

It seems that this is a new programming thing that some developers can do: give those of us with a widescreen laptop a widescreen game without us having to first fiddle about with a ratio aspect button. Just enjoy the fact that you don't have to adjust any ratio.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Nov 18, 12 2:54 AM
AvgSpock wrote:Hi BearKat,

I changed the screen res to 1920X1080 and the option disappeared on mine, too.

When I shut the game and changed back to 1280 x 960 it returned.

Aaaah... Now you see, my highest resolution is 1920x1080 and it's the one I always use. So my guess is that this is the resolution at which you don't need that ratio aspect button, and that's why it's no longer there. M a g i c !!!

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Nov 18, 12 2:56 AM
flowerchild44 wrote:I agree with you WolfenRaindancer, it is very well done, and I love a good victorian murder mystery but this just hasn't grabbed me at all.
I got a bit bored with it, and so I have to say a no buy for me today.
A can, and a drink machine in the victorian era?
the dialogue is very long, but as has been mentioned the voice overs are really good.
I will most likely buy as a SE, but not worth my extra dollars...
Hey Flower - I wasn't smitten with this game at first either, largely due to the overabundance of dialogue (like it's almost an interactive movie!) but it does get better as it goes on. It grew on me quickly and is quite fun. Not as good as Doran Grey by any any means, but it's pretty good.

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on Nov 18, 12 2:59 AM
Thanks AvgSpock! I guess it is an automatic thing then with the missing box! LOL!

Funny isn't it, even when we don't need something,
we wonder why we don't have it!

Yes, you are right, Valdy! That is exactly what I am going to do!
They don't really bother me that much!
I guess maybe I was so engrossed in the game, I didn't notice them the during the initial play!

Well, I am going to get back to the game now!

Happy Gaming All!

BK

MinnieK
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by MinnieK on Nov 18, 12 3:47 AM
I am enjoying this game on the whole but there is far too much dialogue for my liking, it's extremely tedious and I have now got to the stage where I am just skipping it even though I'm worried that in so doing I will miss out on some vital piece of information.

One or two of the accents are faultless (notably Owen Wright's) but others are quite appalling. If they wanted to set the story in Britain surely they could have found some native British voice actors?

Go to: