bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Nov 20, 12 12:29 AM
Welcome to Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

Tootlestwo
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

Re:Welcome to Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition forum

[Post New]by Tootlestwo on Nov 20, 12 12:36 AM
Wow! This really threw me off! I am used to waiting on Thanksgiving Eve to get my MCF fix each year. I am so excited to find this awaiting me. Many thanks Big Fish!

dreampop
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by dreampop on Nov 20, 12 12:46 AM
I was not expecting to see this game till thanksgiving thank you and the sale on CE i can get the other games i wont

limey_scale
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

[Post New]by limey_scale on Nov 20, 12 1:13 AM
My partner thought I was in trouble when I squealed in delight at 8am UK time.
Thanks Big Fish, downloading now MCF

Tootlestwo
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by Tootlestwo on Nov 20, 12 2:02 AM
Okay, I just finished the demo but I have to wait until tomorrow for payday to get the full version. I can tell the other fishies that this looks like the best yet! Already had a "Boo, gotcha" scare in the first few minutes.Thanks BigFish for not making us wait until Thanksgiving as my relatives were getting very tired of being ignored all day while I sat at my "puter". This year I will get to enjoy the turkey!

Edited on 11/20/2012 at 2:04:15 AM PST

limey_scale
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

[Post New]by limey_scale on Nov 20, 12 2:34 AM
I am sooooo sad! I have been waiting with great anticipation for this game and I am wearing my MCF Badge (which my plush Big Fish has been wearing on his fin) whilst playing - so, so sad MCF

geri_mac
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by geri_mac on Nov 20, 12 3:17 AM
what a lovely surprise, thanks bfg

[Post New]by athenakay on Nov 20, 12 4:04 AM
All I can say is happy happy joy joy happy happy joy!!!!

Just finished game,all I can say is boring. so much for happy joy joy here.

Edited on 11/21/2012 at 6:32:15 PM PST

tags
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by tags on Nov 20, 12 6:30 AM
this game is not up the standard of Mystery Case files.

It was my mistake for buying this game before I played the sample version because I would not have purchased the game.

Too much freezing and cusor jumps around and sometime will not work

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Nov 20, 12 7:53 AM
Hi Fishies!

Have I ever seen so much excitement on the Forums!? I think not and it is great to see!

I sincerely hope that each and everyone of you enjoy the game!

Also, tags - we definitely want to help you play this game!

As it sounds like the game is not functioning as it should for you so I would recommend checking the help article here, to see if there are any updates you can run, to improve the game's performance.

Failing that, please do reach out to Tech Support so we can provide some further troubleshooting or explore other options.

Thank you all and happy MCF gaming!

bfgBaikal

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Nov 20, 12 9:11 AM
bfgBaikal wrote:Hi Fishies!
snip

Have I ever seen so much excitement on the Forums!? I think not and it is great to see!
I sincerely hope that each and everyone of you enjoy the game!

bfgBaikal

Seriously? Have you read the reviews and the comments threads?
Quite a few fishies don't sound excited.

[Post New]by lferradino on Nov 20, 12 12:11 PM
Well, I played the demo a few weeks ago, but I don't remember how to find the van license plate letters, and the Strategy Guide is no help at all!! Does anyone know where to find the photo with the license plate numbers?

I'm so glad to have the game today! It seemed like such a long stretch to Thursday!

Never mind...I finally figured out how to develop the photo with the plate letters on it.

Edited on 11/20/2012 at 12:17:42 PM PST

[Post New]by OnWisconsin on Nov 20, 12 12:15 PM
I have one question. Due to finance, I am going to leave the pond "for a while" on Dec. 1. But I did see this sale, so I may make a few last minute purchases.

As I was looking at the pictures shown on the Shadow game page, I see what appears to be an occult symbol. I am wondering how much of he game deals with the occult. I am not a fan.

Please let me know if this theme will affect the entire game.

Otherwise, it looks like a great bargain.

I never purchase collectors' games. Can you suggest the ones you love. Keep in mind I lots and lots and lots of the games. But I'd appreciate your thought!
God bless and Have a great day.

OnWI

[Post New]by lferradino on Nov 20, 12 1:12 PM
OnWisconsin wrote: I have one question. Due to finance, I am going to leave the pond "for a while" on Dec. 1. But I did see this sale, so I may make a few last minute purchases.

As I was looking at the pictures shown on the Shadow game page, I see what appears to be an occult symbol. I am wondering how much of he game deals with the occult. I am not a fan.

Yes, it appears to be based on the occult...and right now I'm not a bit happy with it. The strategy guide is worthless, and the hint button says "I'm on my own."

[Post New]by ulshnycan on Nov 20, 12 3:46 PM
I was really looking forward to this game. I have them all. Escape is by far the best except for Return to Ravenhurst. This is the worst game I ever played. Not the expertise you expect to find from the writers. Nothing like any of the other Mystery Case Games. I am afraid a lot of you are going to very dissappointed if you like the Ravenhurst games. Very mundane, slow, and choppy. Lea Thompson is certainly not getting any award for this performance. Back and forth, more than usual. Not hardly any mystery at all. You can just about guess what will happen next.
Okay guys, you better come up with something terrific after this fiasco. Shame, shame, shame!!!!!!!!!!

Edited on 11/21/2012 at 5:28:04 AM PST

[Post New]by EJM828 on Nov 20, 12 3:46 PM
My version has huge bugs....parts of the game are not working at all....any advice?

[Post New]by OnWisconsin on Nov 20, 12 5:07 PM
I can't get the safe opening. I am using the numbers from the license (3 numbers), then the number next to Daddys that is circles, and the apt. number. Won't open.

Can yo tell me what I am missing??

Pepper010
Stingray
Stingray
4,977 Posts

[Post New]by Pepper010 on Nov 20, 12 5:10 PM
OnWisconsin wrote:I can't get the safe opening. I am using the numbers from the license (3 numbers), then the number next to Daddys that is circles, and the apt. number. Won't open.

Can yo tell me what I am missing??

You need to use the letters from the license plate, not the numbers.

[Post New]by porcelainelaine on Nov 20, 12 7:22 PM
My sister and I just completed the game (Putting off our homework to play this), and we were both terribly disappointed. There were moments that made us jump, and that kept us interested, but we felt that the story lost out to the graphics, video content, and the actress playing Cassandra. The puzzles were relatively easy, and it was easy to predict what was to come next. We were glad that the snarky comments were back, and that there was a mention of Madame Fate, which made us laugh. Overall, we felt it was a decent standalone game for a non-MCF fan, but as MCF fans, we felt that putting more focus on the psychic took away from the story. Also, we were very, very, very grateful that the morphing objects were not an important part of this game.

Edited on 11/20/2012 at 7:51:18 PM PST

[Post New]by badgerfish on Nov 20, 12 7:57 PM
This game is not worth the price, First it is not to the MCF standards we have become accustom too, second albeit a nice story line it's as if there was no thought put into the game play part of it, some parts did not work for me, could not look into box in motel parking lot for instance, second time thru it I didn't even have to go to the Grimes quarry at all for any thing. The best part of playing previous MCF games is that you can play more than once and not have to look for the same items over and over as with other HO type games. I am greatly disappointed in this offering from BFG and MCF and wish I could get my money back, for I am not 100% satisfied with the product and will not recommend it to any of my other friends and family who are MCF fans.

Go to: