bfgTokoro
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,111 Posts

UPDATED Mac version now available! March 8, 2012

[Post New]by bfgTokoro on Nov 20, 12 12:41 AM
You can give this game a go by going to the game page here. The gameplay will be the same across both PC and Mac platforms, so please feel free to use this Forum for any questions, tips and tricks with other Mystery Case Files: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition players.

If you encounter any technical trouble with your Mac game, we recommend checking our Mac Game Errors help article.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Tech Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of the Help pages.

For questions about how to use the Forums, please click the FAQ link to the right of this page.

Happy gaming!

bfgTokoro

Edited on 03/08/2013 at 4:36:44 PM PST

Re:The Mac version is here! 20th of November 2012

[Post New]by youarehere on Nov 20, 12 1:59 AM
Ever since I moved from PC to Macbook Air 11" I just cannot play any of the MCF games. The game just doesnt seem to synch what I see onscreen and what I can click on. For instance, if I want to click on play I would have to click about 2-4 cm below the play icon. Forget about clicking on options to change out from fullscreen because I just cannot click on the icon at all. Also the top and bottom portions of the game have been lobbed off so I can't see what's right on top or right at the bottom - very frustrating. This is the case for both shadow lake and return to ravenhearst. I don't have this problem with any other sets of games.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Nov 20, 12 2:51 AM
Hi youarehere,

I am so sorry that you have had these problems and we definitely want you to be able to play these games.

So that we can offer specific help, please, please run a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report and then send that over to our Tech Support Team.

They will be glad to work with you and get to the bottom of this.

Thanks!

bfgBaikal

Edited on 11/20/2012 at 2:52:03 AM PST

vingilot
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,175 Posts

[Post New]by vingilot on Nov 20, 12 6:25 AM
youarehere wrote:Ever since I moved from PC to Macbook Air 11" I just cannot play any of the MCF games. The game just doesnt seem to synch what I see onscreen and what I can click on. For instance, if I want to click on play I would have to click about 2-4 cm below the play icon. Forget about clicking on options to change out from fullscreen because I just cannot click on the icon at all. Also the top and bottom portions of the game have been lobbed off so I can't see what's right on top or right at the bottom - very frustrating. This is the case for both shadow lake and return to ravenhearst. I don't have this problem with any other sets of games.

Do you have the latest versions of Adobe Flash and Shockwave? It also sounds like your screen resolution isn't set at a level that the game is compatible with. You'll have to try a few different ones to see which one works best.

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on Nov 20, 12 8:45 AM
Thank you for the dual release of your annual BIG Big Fish Studios game!

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Nov 21, 12 8:04 AM
You're most welcome shorenuf!

We are really pleased we could offer a dual release and hopefully, this trend will continue for all our Mac Fishies!

Swim strong!

bfgBaikal

Edited on 11/21/2012 at 8:05:15 AM PST

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Nov 21, 12 5:34 PM
Hi Fishies,

We just received a new Mac version of Mystery Case Files: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition that addresses the following:

o Vignette locks won’t reset if changing profiles during HO scenes

o Church door puzzle won’t crash when closing

o Credits and typos fixed

o Fixes to prison records room door lock and final puzzle Drag-And-Drop issues

You can get the newest version by uninstalling and reinstalling your game. Here's the link to a help article with more information on how to do this:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

If you haven't purchased the game yet, find the game and reinstall the trial version (when available) to play any remaining minutes. Your game should pick up where you left it once reinstalled!

If you have any other problems, please contact our Customer Support team for more assistance. Just click on the green on the right to get to our Help pages, and if you still need assistance, click Contact Us to the bottom-left of the screen to submit a help ticket.

Happy Gaming, Master Detectives!

bfgMonongahela

Re:UPDATE! New Mac version Available! November 21, 2012

[Post New]by circe27 on Nov 22, 12 3:04 PM
Hello: I am in the drug store, and there is no place to click in the upper-right part of the screen (above the cash register) and yet the strategy guide and hint button insist that clicking there should do something. I'm stuck. This seems like a technical problem rather than a cluelessness problem, but I'll be happy for a solution either way. Please help!
Thank you!

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Nov 22, 12 4:49 PM
circe27 wrote:Hello: I am in the drug store, and there is no place to click in the upper-right part of the screen (above the cash register) and yet the strategy guide and hint button insist that clicking there should do something. I'm stuck. This seems like a technical problem rather than a cluelessness problem, but I'll be happy for a solution either way. Please help!
Thank you!

Hi circe27!! Welcome to the forums! I'm not sure why you can't access that site. It is indeed above the cash register, there are some pinkish geometrical shapes. Perhaps you already used what you needed there - have you played the Madame Fate game already?

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Nov 22, 12 5:46 PM
I also would like to give a big THANK YOU for the dual release! We Mac-ers sure do appreciate it!

[Post New]by circe27 on Nov 22, 12 9:27 PM

"Perhaps you already used what you needed there - have you played the Madame Fate game already?"

Hello, WilJul! Thank you for your reply! I have clicked on the MF game, but I didn't have the quarters, so I couldn't play. Now, I can't click on the register, yet I can't move forward in the game w/o the quarters. Yikes.
C

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Nov 22, 12 9:52 PM
circe27 wrote:
"Perhaps you already used what you needed there - have you played the Madame Fate game already?"

Hello, WilJul! Thank you for your reply! I have clicked on the MF game, but I didn't have the quarters, so I couldn't play. Now, I can't click on the register, yet I can't move forward in the game w/o the quarters. Yikes.
C
You can only pick up one quarter at a time - when you have a quarter you can't click on the register. Use your quarter to play the game. If you don't make the top score you can go back to the register and get a new quarter to try again.

[Post New]by circe27 on Nov 23, 12 9:29 AM

C
You can only pick up one quarter at a time - when you have a quarter you can't click on the register. Use your quarter to play the game. If you don't make the top score you can go back to the register and get a new quarter to try again.

Hello, Severine Snape! Thanks for the suggestion. However, I have no quarters at all, because I was never able to get into the cash register. It won't offer a clickable space for me to open. I had looked at the MF machine before I went to the register, and it wouldn't show as a clickable space. I only know that it was clickable because of the strategy guide.
Thoughts, anyone?
Thank you,
C

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Nov 23, 12 9:49 AM
hi again Circe! I'm not sure why that area is not coming up for you. I might try either starting over with a new profile or uninstalling and reinstalling. The reinstall can sometimes "unstick" stuck parts of the game. After that, it might be time to get in touch with tech support. Sorry I don't have better suggestions!

[Post New]by circe27 on Nov 23, 12 10:15 AM
Good morning, WilJul! If I reinstall, will I have to start over?
C

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Nov 23, 12 10:19 AM
According to BFG you won't lose your game progress. Good luck!

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

Re:UPDATE! New Mac version Available! November 28, 2012

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Nov 28, 12 5:46 PM
Hi again Fishies!

We've received a new version of this C.E. that addresses these issues:

• Fixed bug which prevented the post-credits cut scene from appearing.

• The screwdriver will no longer be erroneously removed from the player’s inventory in the prison.

• Updated screensavers.

As before, you can get the newest version by uninstalling and reinstalling your game. Here's the link to a help article with more information on how to do this:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

If you haven't purchased the game yet, find the game and reinstall the trial version (when available) to play any remaining minutes. Your game should pick up where you left it once reinstalled!

If you have any other problems, please contact our Mac Support Team for more assistance. Just click on the green on the right to get to our Help pages, and if you still need assistance, click Contact Us to the bottom-left of the screen to submit a help ticket.

Thanks again for your patience as we worked out these issues!

bfgMonongahela

[Post New]by stimpy44 on Dec 2, 12 3:07 PM
Hello! I have been enjoying the game, but I lost the screwdriver in the prison and looks like I need it to get into the Sheriff's office. I un-installed the old version and installed the updated version but the screwdriver is still missing. Does this mean I need to start over from the beginning? Thanks for any help!

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Dec 2, 12 4:05 PM
Hi stimpy44,

I'm sorry to hear you're still having trouble even after getting the updated version! Depending on where you were in the game when the screwdriver disappeared, it may be that you'll have to start the game with a new profile. Our Tech Support Team will be able to take a look at things and let you know for sure, though.

You can contact them by clicking here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Thank you!

bfgMonongahela

purpleeye
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by purpleeye on Dec 14, 12 9:24 PM
Any word on a new version of this game for Mac?

When I contacted CS about this game and the 3 other CE games I bought that I can't play, the stated (incorrectly perhaps?) that the crashing every ~10 min problem was also issue with the Intel 3/4000 HD Graphics cards for 2011/2012 macs [despite the fact the this MCF game is from BFG not Elephant].

Go to: